Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I wonder how expensive tract housing is in "America's Worst City" according to Time/Newsweek whatever it was

For the purpose of perspective the rooms are large but it is not a magnificently appointed home- it's very "traditional"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Remember Springfield also has a weird smell that takes 6 weeks to get used to

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Beyond offhand mentions, have they ever done anything with Shelbyville as a plotpoint since the Lemon of Troy episode?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Anyone else play Virtual Springfield?

That was like the first PC game I ever played (that wasn't a lovely shareware collection) and I remember it being fun.

Unfortunately it was just kind of a weird little walking sim, I was hoping it was like a point and click game but the only real objective was collection some cards scattered around.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Beyond offhand mentions, have they ever done anything with Shelbyville as a plotpoint since the Lemon of Troy episode?

quote:

After Shelbyville accuses Springfield of being hicks, Marge convinces the townspeople to fund a Frank Gehry-designed concert hall, which is then converted to a prison when the concert hall goes bankrupt on opening night. Meanwhile, Bart and Lisa investigate Snowball II's recent weight gain.

Season 16. Guest starring Frank Gehry as himself

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Smirr posted:

Season 16. Guest starring Frank Gehry as himself

Because of course it is. It has to be Frank Gehry, as Frank Gehry. It can't just be Hank Azaria doing a made-up "Gary Frank" character or whatever, because who the gently caress actually knows or cares what Frank Gehry sounds like.

Laterite fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 18, 2017

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Some of you have a very skewed view of life in the early 90s.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

"Roseanne" was great, and Roseanne Barr was an amazing stand-up. It's too bad she's crazy as gently caress.
the funniest people tend to be crazy or self-loathing

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

get that OUT of my face posted:

the funniest people tend to be crazy or self-loathing

So where's my sitcom?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Alls I know is that Marcy Darcy and Lisa Simpson are responsible for like 60% of the image problems liberals have.

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

OldTennisCourt posted:

Anyone else play Virtual Springfield?

That was like the first PC game I ever played (that wasn't a lovely shareware collection) and I remember it being fun.

Unfortunately it was just kind of a weird little walking sim, I was hoping it was like a point and click game but the only real objective was collection some cards scattered around.

I did! I would get really frustrated trying to figure out what I was supposed to. I guess because there wasn't much to actually do.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

to the person who's interested in watching the simpsons but never watched before: start watching episodes from seasons 3-7 first, and just skip around. my favorite episodes are Boy Scoutz N the Hood and Homer Badman

season 1 isn't anywhere nearly as funny or good as the other classic seasons, but you have to keep in mind that they were doing stuff like this that no other tv sitcom had ever done. there wasn't anyone like bart simpson before, and you never had moments like the family patriarch contemplating suicide. i don't like it but i respect it. season 2 is better but there were some really heavy moments in it, like homer fearing he's going to die, grampa befriending a woman who dies, and bart's existential fear of being held back in school

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I think season 1-11 are all worth watching but the show doesn’t get really good until 3 and starts to be less good at 9.

Houle
Oct 21, 2010
Homer and Marge couldn't afford the house, Grandpa Simpson bought it for them by selling his home.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
He built that house with his own two hands!

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
so I watched the new Treehouse of Horror, and it got maybe like 3 smiles out of me

then I watched the Treehouse of Horrror episode from one of the first 7 seasons and not even 30 seconds in I had already laughed 3 times more. (it's the one where the opening sequence goes through the Springfield cemetary, and one of the gravestones reads "A balanced budget" and it's followed right after by another gravestone that reads "subtle political satire" and it's such a good loving gag)

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Creamed Cormp posted:

"subtle political satire"

Hahaha. I haven't watched any of the aul Simpsons since they aired. I'll have to watch them as a man-child adult for these gags I missed.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Irradiation posted:

Some of you have a very skewed view of life in the early 90s.

Bear Patrol got a healthy chuckle out of me

Edit:
$12.74/hr

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I haven't had a chance to watch it, but apparently, last night's episode was a sequel to the Pin Pals episode from Season 7.

They recently did a sequel to Kamp Krusty, so I guess this is just a thing they're doing now.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Just reanimate old episodes, replace guns with walkie-talkies and call it The Simpsons 2.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SelenicMartian posted:

Just reanimate old episodes, replace guns with walkie-talkies and call it The Simpsons 2.

I'm pretty sure that not doing that is why Fox spent 4 years killing Futurama.

ExJenn
Jun 21, 2013
I never really see Cape Feare on people's lists. I always thought that was the best episode if not best Sideshow Bob episode.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The average English is uglier than the average American.

Black people in the US are uglier than black people in the UK

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

ExJenn posted:

I never really see Cape Feare on people's lists. I always thought that was the best episode if not best Sideshow Bob episode.
it's up there among the all-time greats for sure

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?
I was listening to the album Purple Rain on the way to work and when "When Doves Cry" came on, I immediately thought of that bit in the Lemon of Troy episode when Milhouse meets the other Milhouse and says "So this is what it's like when doves cry!". I smiled because of how funny it was and then felt really bummed out that something like that would never, EVER happen again on the show.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

ExJenn posted:

bake em away toys really overshadows them just crashing right next to the brothel

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

But the elephant parade and the rakes! Not to mention "Remember, you are Mr. Thompson."

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i remember seeing a making of or whatever and they stated it took 6 months to make a single episode and i never really understood that until this thread

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

sweet geek swag posted:

But the elephant parade and the rakes! Not to mention "Remember, you are Mr. Thompson."

And the entire score of the HMS Pinafore

edit; HEYBARTWANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAWANDHOCKEYMASK

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Cape Feare rules

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmFoyOTOAHqA5pTNUdl2zFzAMVrOXYRbX

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Creamed Cormp posted:

so I watched the new Treehouse of Horror, and it got maybe like 3 smiles out of me

then I watched the Treehouse of Horrror episode from one of the first 7 seasons and not even 30 seconds in I had already laughed 3 times more. (it's the one where the opening sequence goes through the Springfield cemetary, and one of the gravestones reads "A balanced budget" and it's followed right after by another gravestone that reads "subtle political satire" and it's such a good loving gag)

I got a sensible chuckle out of just reading about it.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

cape feare is definitely one of the best episodes and the mr thompson scene is one of the best gags in the whole show imo

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
*Kramers into thread*

What if the lowest point of the Simpsons was every time someone complained about the lowest point of the Simpsons?

*daerht otni sremarK*

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
The artists care way too much about lighting nowadays

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Riptor posted:

The ease of digital colour is a blessing and a curse.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Riptor posted:

Everything looks boring and super on-model these days. It looks like everything is just pasted together from a template.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Yeah introduction of shadows regularly on the faces etc was really signalling end of times and loss of quirkiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it, and I am not reading the thread, but the answer is the episode that was just jerking off Elon Musk.