Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Pastry of the Year posted:

This just pleases me.

I read it more as Cap saying not to solve problems with guns and maybe frank should have less and Frank digging at Cap for being old fashioned and old in general.

tl;dr the writing is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Jiro posted:

Agreed, Frank is a sick individual and I could see him making this his head cannon in order to have some semblance of a good day.

Frank is totally the type of guy to spell it as Head CaNNon.

Then make an actual head cannon

A cannon shaped like a head that shoots heads, mounted on his head.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Rather have a gun that shoots swords.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Fwocka-Fwocka-Fwocka

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hulk Smash! posted:

Fwocka-Fwocka-Fwocka

Muppets reboot is hosed up

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Herr Tog posted:

I read it more as Cap saying not to solve problems with guns and maybe frank should have less and Frank digging at Cap for being old fashioned and old in general.

tl;dr the writing is bad

No it isn't. It's hilarious. Frank is trying to save face in his war journal after Captain America kicked the red, white, and blue out of him for being an insane gun murderer.

e: I like seeing Gun Crazies getting owned

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Frank is totally the type of guy to spell it as Head CaNNon.

Then make an actual head cannon

A cannon shaped like a head that shoots heads, mounted on his head.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

No it isn't. It's hilarious. Frank is trying to save face in his war journal after Captain America kicked the red, white, and blue out of him for being an insane gun murderer.

e: I like seeing Gun Crazies getting owned

Guns are bits of metal, how can you murder guns?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

With a sword.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

you bring a knife to a gun fight, obviously

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

and by "a knife" I mean "about thirty-five god damned knives"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

This is mind-mindbogglingly stupid. :psyduck:

They're called sabots, Frank!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Keeshhound posted:

This is mind-mindbogglingly stupid. :psyduck:

They're called sabots, Frank!

Sometimes you just want to show people how crazy you really are and are willing to turn anything into a bullet.

Pretty sure if he had an office job it would not be long until he started making semiautomatic staplers.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Zil posted:

Sometimes you just want to show people how crazy you really are and are willing to turn anything into a bullet.

Pretty sure if he had an office job it would not be long until he started making semiautomatic staplers.

Aka staplers

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie-JR0K6LZs

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

spacejung posted:

Aka staplers

lol

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I love that it's not just firing blades. It's firing full-blown knives, with handles and everything.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Did he ever actually use that gun on someone?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

GrandpaPants posted:

Did he ever actually use that gun on someone?

He is literally using it on multiple someones in that scene.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
No he isn't. He just got that gun from his supplier and is testing it out.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He's testing it out in the Ninjas directly behind his supplier.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

All members of the Not-Appearing-In-This-Issue Clan.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Superman #35

Just a family vacation on Apokolips with Uncle Lex. Jon has just about had enough of this poo poo.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

prefect posted:

I love that it's not just firing blades. It's firing full-blown knives, with handles and everything.
Folding knives, even, with a hinge so they can open in midair somehow without completely ruining their aerodynamics.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

The great thing about Punisher 2099 is that it was written by Pat Mills who did Judge Dredd and Marshall Law . I think it wasn't til later that people picked up on how just how over the top parody the book was.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

That version of Punisher translated perfectly to screen with Punisher: War Zone. Still arguably the most faithful and best comic book movie committed to the screen. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0bmCPFsi8

That poor Jamaican Irish sounding man wishes he was blown up by a rocket launcher. :smith:

Jiro fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 19, 2017

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What If? Dark Reign.
Norman fucks up.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Jiro posted:

That version of Punisher translated perfectly to screen with Punisher: War Zone. Still arguably the most faithful and best comic book movie committed to the screen. :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g0bmCPFsi8

That poor Jamaican Irish sounding man wishes he was blown up by a rocket launcher. :smith:

hahaha I can't stop laughing

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Say Nothing posted:

What If? Dark Reign.
Norman fucks up.

That's what you get for killing Weegie.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Say Nothing posted:

What If? Dark Reign.
Norman fucks up.

Norman Osborn: Somehow a bigger idiot wielding an Infinity Gauntlet than Thanos.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
It's especially screwed up because (at least this is what Google tells me) the only reason Norman's dad is being nice to him in the first place is because he used the Mind Stone to brainrape his dad into not calling him a monster. Presumably 'because you're my son' is the sort of thing you say when you have no logical reason to like, much less respect, someone.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Brownhat posted:

Norman Osborn: Somehow a bigger idiot wielding an Infinity Gauntlet than Thanos.

It was hilarious how he lost in the first time - Zombie Nebula just grabbed it when he wasn't paying attention.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I felt really bad for nebula they should've let her kill thanos

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

site posted:

I felt really bad for nebula they should've let her kill thanos

Yeah, he resurrected her to torture her for entertainment. gently caress that guy.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I kinda hope that stealing the glove scene happens in the movie.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Choco1980 posted:

I kinda hope that stealing the glove scene happens in the movie.

I hope the great scene where everyone is lunging for the falling gauntlet is in.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

If it weren't for the fact that it'd be a pretty hard sell to introduce all the Cosmic Marvel Entities (like Eternity, the Living Tribunal, et al) at this late date and the fact that some of the characters are off the board because they're with the wrong studio (Cyclops, Wolverine, Silver Surfer, Galactus, etc) I'd be down with a Watchmen style shot for shot remake of Infinity Gauntlet. :colbert:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If the movie ends with the heroes physically defeating Thanos instead of either out-philosophizing him or him very obviously sabotaging himself, the entire MCU is a massive failure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It ends with the Fantastic Four showing up and saying,"Sorry we've been gone for the last two decades, Reed was working on a plan" and then they pull out the Ultimate Nullifier.

Post credits sequence is a big party on Earth celebrating the return of the Fantastic Four, watched in Latveria by Doom who decides it's time to make a return to public life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Lurdiak posted:

If the movie ends with the heroes physically defeating Thanos instead of either out-philosophizing him or him very obviously sabotaging himself, the entire MCU is a massive failure.

Nah, it'll end with one of the 'vengers flying into a giant blue space laser. It's the only way to take him out, Cap!