Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

tonic posted:

Is Smith definitely not playing @ LG? Time to fire up that Philly D!

He's out, son

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

tonic posted:

Is Smith definitely not playing @ LG? Time to fire up that Philly D!

He’s out. I fired up my Eagles and dropped the Bengals for Ivory in case my opponent’s Fournette sits.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

coronaball posted:

The KC-NYG game will have 25 MPH winds with gusts to 45. Those of you who use the Buttkicker might want to explore other options. I think I'm benching Tyreek for Crabtree too.

Having been in the new Metlife on windy days compared to the old Giants Stadium, the ~swirling winds~ no longer exist. The freaking air conditioner stadium is a terrible eyesore but it was designed to reduce how windy it gets in East Rutherford's swamps.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

coronaball posted:

The KC-NYG game will have 25 MPH winds with gusts to 45. Those of you who use the Buttkicker might want to explore other options. I think I'm benching Tyreek for Crabtree too.

There was a whole thread about this on Reddit, and basically everyone said still plat Butker and Smith because the stadium kills most of the wind on the field. But the parking lot and concourse is absolutely miserable.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

There was a whole thread about this on Reddit, and basically everyone said still plat Butker and Smith because the stadium kills most of the wind on the field. But the parking lot and concourse is absolutely miserable.

That really took the wind out of Coronaballs’s warning.

:v:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I think i'm gonna be on this Woodhead ride this week, if Fournette doesn't play i'll be looking at starting Woodhead and Rod Smith. :suicide:

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

VietCampo posted:

I think i'm gonna be on this Woodhead ride this week, if Fournette doesn't play i'll be looking at starting Woodhead and Rod Smith. :suicide:

Friend, my starting running backs have been Powell, Crowell, Collins this season.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Suave Fedora posted:

He’s out. I fired up my Eagles and dropped the Bengals for Ivory in case my opponent’s Fournette sits.

From a guy who was all in on Fournette this year, and thus obsesses over Jax running game, I'd grab Yeldon or else seek a different Team's RB

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Doltos posted:

Having been in the new Metlife on windy days compared to the old Giants Stadium, the ~swirling winds~ no longer exist. The freaking air conditioner stadium is a terrible eyesore but it was designed to reduce how windy it gets in East Rutherford's swamps.

I have been wondering this, thank you

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Sweeper posted:

Friend, my starting running backs have been Powell, Crowell

You paired them with Gostowski and Gronkowski, right?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Sweeper posted:

Friend, my starting running backs have been Powell, Crowell, Collins this season.

That's rough lol.

I'm fighting for my life to make the playoffs due to having the most points scored against by 200.

I had AB84, Thielan, Zeke, Fournette, and Gronk all season, i'm 4-6 and in 9th. fuckkkkkk fantasy

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Drunk Nerds posted:

You paired them with Gostowski and Gronkowski, right?

And rounded off with Matt Ryan, Dez Bryant, and D/ST Lions

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

From a guy who was all in on Fournette this year, and thus obsesses over Jax running game, I'd grab Yeldon or else seek a different Team's RB

Is he still just questionable? I have him in one league but don’t really have anyone on my bench I can drop to grab Ivory/Yeldon. But if I can figure out a way to make space, who should I grab out of those 2?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Drunk Nerds posted:

If Fournette sits, I don’t believe Yeldon would see a dramatically higher workload than Ivory. I think their work would be divided based on downs and gamescript. Am I wrong or oversimplifying things when I say that Ivory is the banger and Yeldon the pass-catcher?

My opponent isn’t savvy enough to pick up Yeldon.

In another league, if he’s out I will likely just slot ChThom into my RB2 (in Fournette’s place) and flex Crabtree.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Suave Fedora posted:

If Fournette sits, I don’t believe Yeldon would see a dramatically higher workload than Ivory. I think their work would be divided based on downs and gamescript. Am I wrong or oversimplifying things when I say that Ivory is the banger and Yeldon the pass-catcher?

My opponent isn’t savvy enough to pick up Yeldon.

In another league, if he’s out I will likely just slot ChThom into my RB2 (in Fournette’s place) and flex Crabtree.

If he sits I’ll roll with either J Williams or bring the Woodhead on the tracks since it’s a 1ppr league.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

VietCampo posted:

That's rough lol.

I'm fighting for my life to make the playoffs due to having the most points scored against by 200.

I had AB84, Thielan, Zeke, Fournette, and Gronk all season, i'm 4-6 and in 9th. fuckkkkkk fantasy

Its Thielen not Thielan dude. Guys been on your team all year

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Suave Fedora posted:

That really took the wind out of Coronaballs’s warning.

:v:

Ugh are we still talking about deflategate in 2017? :eng99:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Should I pick up Yeldon or Ivory as a Fournette owner?

I could also get Woodhead, hppr.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 19, 2017

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Chernabog posted:

Should I pick up Yeldon or Ivory as a Fournette owner?

I could also get Woodhead, hppr.

Grab Woodhead unless you would have no choice but to start him. Woodie for me is a “let’s see what he can do” hold until Week 12.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Who should I cut to make room for activating Woodhead? Leaning Tyrell Williams. Being dynasty I'd like to keep my younger stashes, but maybe it's not worth it?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do we even play Fournette at this point? I’m worried he’s going to tweak the ankle in the first quarter. Should I just swap him out for Engram, Morris, or Agholor (non-ppr) to save myself the headache?

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RCarr posted:

Do we even play Fournette at this point? I’m worried he’s going to tweak the ankle in the first quarter. Should I just swap him out for Engram, Morris, or Agholor (non-ppr) to save myself the headache?

It’s a good question. I have to imagine he gets heavily taped but tape is not a failsafe. With Shepard being out/migrainey, Is be comfortable slotting Engram in, but no one else.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Fournette expected to play today, but is anyone actually going to play him?

I’m torn since my other options are Woodhead or J. Williams in his place.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Alfalfa posted:

I am, but I'm against a guy who is a Taco so I can afford to take a risk.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Sterling Shepard seriously might be out this week for itty bitty little headachy wachys so monitor your lineup right now

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
And now he's out. Great. Now I get to ride the DeVante Parker garbage time train

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Who should I cut to make room for activating Woodhead? Leaning Tyrell Williams. Being dynasty I'd like to keep my younger stashes, but maybe it's not worth it?

Sorry to repost so quickly, but just want to get a thought or two on this.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

MacheteZombie posted:

Sorry to repost so quickly, but just want to get a thought or two on this.

Yeah I'd do Tyrell. Mike Williams will end up being his replacement.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Doltos posted:

Sterling Shepard seriously might be out this week for itty bitty little headachy wachys so monitor your lineup right now

Migraines are Real Bad just FYI

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Popero posted:

Migraines are Real Bad just FYI

Just ask Percy Harvin!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You're Bob Kraft in this alternate universe. Roll with it.

I will be taking open auditions for any young actresses who need help learning their lines.

And if you need some help with your lineups this week, I offer some counterpoints on whether or not you should ever trust a Patriots running back and whether Tyler Kroft is the man to start this week.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Sataere posted:

And if you need some help with your lineups this week, I offer some counterpoints on whether or not you should ever trust a Patriots running back
"The Patriots backfield is an unknowable, unpredictable mess" is such a lazy cop-out. You didn't make any points to prove why neither Lewis nor Burkhead can be trusted this week (against the Raiders defense no less). I would start both of them over Latavius Murray. Most of the damage done to the Rams season-long ranking was done by Fournette, Zeke, and Hyde. I'm not expecting Murray to replicate their success.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Tiptoes posted:

"The Patriots backfield is an unknowable, unpredictable mess" is such a lazy cop-out. You didn't make any points to prove why neither Lewis nor Burkhead can be trusted this week (against the Raiders defense no less). I would start both of them over Latavius Murray. Most of the damage done to the Rams season-long ranking was done by Fournette, Zeke, and Hyde. I'm not expecting Murray to replicate their success.

Which Patriots RB has the best game this week then?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Burkhead obviously

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Burkhead's snaps have gradually increased since returning to White's detriment. My personal thoughts are:

Burkhead
Lewis

White

Though it'll probably be Gillislee and Bolden

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Both Lewis and Burkhead offer RB2 upside this week. Burkhead probably scores higher in PPR with Lewis better in standard. Lewis will take a hit if they don't make Gillislee a healthy scratch again (could scratch one of the TEs instead) but he'll still see red zone rushes. Lewis is probably good for 15 carries and a couple good goal-to-go opportunities since the Pats can use a balanced offense successfully in this one. They'll get yards on the ground. Burkhead is better in competitive game scripts, but the Raiders have enough offense to keep this competitive. Burkhead has the larger range of outcomes but he's their best RB in passing situations and will see red zone targets. Like last week, I think he gets used early and often.

I think it'll be a tale of two halves basically; Burkhead will produce more in the first half while the Pats are putting up points and Lewis will benefit more in the second half when they go with more of a balanced attack as the Raiders fail to keep up with the Pats.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Just wanted to say it is really freaking windy in NJ today, and the flags at the top of the goal posts are almost sideways. If you have the chance to pickup a last second kicker I wouldn't blame you.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

I am.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Tiptoes posted:

Both Lewis and Burkhead offer RB2 upside this week. Burkhead probably scores higher in PPR with Lewis better in standard. Lewis will take a hit if they don't make Gillislee a healthy scratch again (could scratch one of the TEs instead) but he'll still see red zone rushes. Lewis is probably good for 15 carries and a couple good goal-to-go opportunities since the Pats can use a balanced offense successfully in this one. They'll get yards on the ground. Burkhead is better in competitive game scripts, but the Raiders have enough offense to keep this competitive. Burkhead has the larger range of outcomes but he's their best RB in passing situations and will see red zone targets. Like last week, I think he gets used early and often.

I think it'll be a tale of two halves basically; Burkhead will produce more in the first half while the Pats are putting up points and Lewis will benefit more in the second half when they go with more of a balanced attack as the Raiders fail to keep up with the Pats.

Lewis isn't ceding anything to Gillislee. Every one of their carries within the ten yard line over the last two months:

Gillislee
No gain
No gain
4 yards
1 yard
-2 yards

Lewis
4 yards
5 yards
8 yards (TD)
1 yard (TD)
4 yards
-1 yard
3 yards
8 yards (TD)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.

Same. I wouldn't forgive myself if he did well.

• Locked thread