Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
I will tell you guys this: I loved the video of Stone Cold as WWF CEO. Also when he stunned Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Chuck was good until Morgan got the powers

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

pubic works project posted:

Hahaha I'm not knocking it. I just don't get it.
That wasn't directed at you mi amigo ;)

BlindSite posted:

Hahah, fair enough bruv.
:respek:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Watch Chuck until he proposes to Sarah at the hospital in the middle of season 4.

Perfect time to end it and you won't miss anything.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Roland Barthes had the best defense of wrestling as art and it's still the mentality I use when I watch it

https://faculty.georgetown.edu/irvinem/theory/Barthes-Mythologies-Wrestling-1957.pdf

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Grittybeard posted:

We've made fun of Freddie Mitchell's wikipedia page and it's 200 references about an absolute nothing receiver, but my god every single wrestler in the world has a page longer than that and I don't get it at all. I do like reading up on the minute details of...like Bobby the Brain Heenan or someone I vaguely remember from when I was a kid now and then, so I guess I'm glad they're there.

And sad they're there because 95% of the people I remember are dead.

Hell yeah Superfly Jimmy Snuka!... murdered his wife 20+ years ago by beating her to death in a motel room... oh.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I enjoy reading about the business of professional wrestling. Someone from a secret santa a few years ago sent me a really good book on the history of pro wrestling and I've read a few memoirs over the years. I'll probably watch the ric flair 30for30 when I get a chance too. I also respect the athleticism and dedication it takes for dudes to be successful in that arena. I also make no apologies for mocking the industry and it's fans.

Spoeank posted:

Chuck was good until Morgan got the powers

Ugh I forgot about that arc, gently caress that was annoying.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Girlfriend, and he got away with it because he pretended to be a savage who didn't know English

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
The Ric Flair 30 for 30 is a must-watch

I still can't believe he's still alive after his health scare

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
One good thing about Chuck was Captain Awesome just ended up a good dude and it became funny later on when he had to deal with spy stuff and would constantly poo poo his pants

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

All of these Marvel shows on netflix would probably benefit from being 6 episodes rather than 10. So much filler.

Punisher:
Could really do without 3 or 4 seperate story lines of dudes being weepy. I don't get why the spook needs to have his family at all as a character. Having Castle being broken up with a dead family would be enough, I don't really think they need the subplot with the vet sleeping in his yard either. I get what they were going for but it kind of ends up with there being 3 episodes in the first 5 where we spend more time hearing about how hard it is for the characters to exist than actually getting to the story we want to see.

The only really compelling character in the first few episodes is the dirty spook supervisor who was playing his poo poo head part really well and that ended pretty abruptly.

Still the best Marvel tv series they've done, but it just drags early on.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The first half of Luke Cage is quite good, the second half was not so good, so your theory stands.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

The first half of Luke Cage is quite good, the second half was not so good, so your theory stands.

Agreed, gently caress that fell apart fast.

AHAHAHAHA one of my favourite things just popped up in my news feed

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...s-a8060631.html

quote:

An Ohio lawmaker who routinely touted his Christian faith and anti-LGBT views has resigned after being caught having sex with a man in his office.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 18, 2017

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Lena Dunham is physically and spiritually repulsive, and nothing good has ever come out of Oberlin College

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The only moral rimjob

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Lena Dunham is physically and spiritually repulsive, and nothing good has ever come out of Oberlin College

Tough but fair

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I gotta admit I used to like Lena Dunham but her refusal to grow and self-reflect has become tiresome

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kalli posted:

I still don't think it was bad, more that the first half was so good, but then the 2nd half decided to go full blaxiploitation and schlocky which I was fine with because I love pulpy schlock.

As for wrestling, I don't know just one day in 2006 I watched an episode of Smackdown and got hooked, I'm always bummed I missed out when it was popular in the 90s, but then again I was like 5-6 when the WWF got really good. Nowadays I watch WWE out of habit and wish I could watch NJPW, but there is something missing when I'm not watching live on a thread.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I used to pity those closeted politicians who run on an anti-LGBTQ platform and get busted, it’s kind of tragic to live a lie and feel such deep seated self-loathing. But it’s such a hateful and destructive platform to have, I just can’t excuse the bullshit any more, their stupid hang ups shouldn’t negatively impact on other peoples lives.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I gotta admit I used to like Lena Dunham but her refusal to grow and self-reflect has become tiresome

I've never paid any attention to Lena Dunham, so my mental image of her has always been female Daniel Tosh.

achillesforever6 posted:

I still don't think it was bad, more that the first half was so good, but then the 2nd half decided to go full blaxiploitation and schlocky which I was fine with because I love pulpy schlock.

I also love pulpy schlock, but the change in villains took me out of the series. Show could've easily had another half dozen musical montages though, those were all good.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Oooo I forgot that Punisher came out. Now I'm torn between playing SoW and watching that.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

achillesforever6 posted:

Ordinarily I’d be with you, but what I object to is the tonal shift, it’s some serious whiplash when the two halves don’t really mesh at all.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Yeah the big problem is that Cottonmouth was amazing as a villain and they replaced him with a guy wearing a Halloween costume from Walmart.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kalli posted:

I've never paid any attention to Lena Dunham, so my mental image of her has always been female Daniel Tosh.

I also love pulpy schlock, but the change in villains took me out of the series. Show could've easily had another half dozen musical montages though, those were all good.

Eh Lena Dunham started off with an offbeat sense of humor and well written work featuring some solid social commentary and went to being someone who bought into way too much into their own bullshit. She started to see herself as some kind of virtuous paragon fighting the good fight for everyone everywhere, turns out she's just another piece of poo poo who exploits some legitimate (and a whole lot of manufactured causes) to boost her own profile and make more money or worse, as a shield when she legitimately fails.

Luke Cage:
I thought they were building up to some kind of reveal where Cottonmouth exploiting the black poor was working for some rich white elite dude and the community Luke Cage was so obsessed with was going to work together to defeat the threat eventually. It actually would have been a good story with the right themes at the right time and instead it went from what it seemed to be building to that to schlocky crap half way through. Almost seemed like they had half of it written and brought in a second person who had a completely different vision for the story.
\
Cottonmouth was super compelling to watch on screen, his half crazed laugh and his violent mood swings were great.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I would have sex with Lena Dunham

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

She is about as unattractive as my worst hookup that I was browned out for, and ran out on in the morning, leaving my favorite watch behind never to be seen again

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Alaois posted:

No that's Arrival. Overlord is the one where you go to yet another Top Secret Cerberus Research Facility where shockingly, everyone is dead! except one guy who was the leader and then you find out he shoved a bunch of wires down his autistic brother's throat because his brother's autism meant he can talk to computers.

Mass Effect 2 actually blows huge chunks

Oh shiiiit that one. I remember that one! It was so sad :smith:

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Kaiden. I was trying to bang Ashley at first then Liara was like heyyyy so really Kaiden died for no reason. Chose Andersom for council (gotta respect a guy who punches put politicians), kept Wrex alive, killed the zerg queen, finished paragon because I'm a bitcj

I was so excited to see Garrus back. He's much cooler now that he's fully committed to the whole bad cop / bad cop plan.

Also that renegade or paragon decision thing is great. The Illusive Man seems like the bad guy and I hope I can eventually betray him. If anyone just called him anything else like "Joe" or "Fred" we wouldn't have this issue. :colbert:

I agree with you guys, Mako exploring got old quick and is the name reason I didn't finishing all the quests.

Truth

I also killed Kaiden because he was useless. Anderson for the council is a really smart choice too. And yes Garrus is awesome.

axeil fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Nov 19, 2017

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eli Wiggum posted:

I would have sex with Lena Dunham

But why

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Watch Chuck until he proposes to Sarah at the hospital in the middle of season 4.

Perfect time to end it and you won't miss anything.

I thought the end of Season 3 was the perfect ending imo. All the bad guys are finally gone and Chuck and Sarah, while not married have a loving, stable relationship and all their friends have matured and grown.

But then you miss the Timothy Dalton plot in Season 4 and that was really good so...

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Okay this is my most favorite thing ever. I caused a scene in a store to get a discount on a hamster. Shepard is the man I truly want to be

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
my standards are low lol

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Kalli posted:

I kind of wish that if they were going to change, they should have just stuck with Shades and Mariah and save Diamondback for season 2 or the cliffhanger of season 1

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Shepard is the man

Shepard's not a man

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

My new favorite tweet

https://twitter.com/britishgaming/status/931827597394219008

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
He looks kind of old and lumpy to be getting any sexiest man labels while Gosling is still alive.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He also posted a bunch of racist and homophobic poo poo six years ago on Twitter before he hit it big

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The Ashley Williams of country stars

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Gotta wonder how brokebrained Gwen Stefani is for dating him

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Okay this is my most favorite thing ever. I caused a scene in a store to get a discount on a hamster. Shepard is the man I truly want to be

ME2 is best experienced through the Renegade options, for sure.

I hope you had the sense to punch the reporter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
At least he is totally humble about the article and didn't spend 10 minutes on the voice showing off a 40 foot version of the cover on the studio wall or anything.

• Locked thread