Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Discord is up? :confused:

its up, NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Cross posting,

Handsome Ralph posted:

So funny story.

I was at a Gamestop about an hour ago picking up a copy of Mario Odyssey, and three people in front of me picked up Battlefront 2. The clerk kept asking each customer if they were aware of the microtransaction issue and then said to each customer "Well remember, don't give them a cent and they'll really have to reconsider removing the microtransactions and avoid doing this with future games!"

He said this after each person had already forked over the 59.99 plus tax to buy the game. One guy said he was only buying it for the single player and I broke my silence and said "It's only five, maybe six hours long." The guy shrugged and bought it anyways.

Moral of the story, people are loving retarded and EA is likely going to get away with this. Bonus moral of the story, don't go to a Gamestop on a Friday night.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
I talked my son out of getting it for Christmas.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Why does microsoft not embrace cross platform play between PC and xbox games? Idiot loving high school friends are playing destiny on the xbox.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

Why does microsoft not embrace cross platform play between PC and xbox games? Idiot loving high school friends are playing destiny on the xbox.

They do on certain games. I play Forza on my Xbox with my buddy who is on a PC all the time.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

I think this was attempted with the FPS Shadowrun and it was quickly discovered people not using a keyboard and mouse against those that were had a very unpleasant time so the whole idea was scrapped.

Of course lmao you can get mouse and keyboard adapters for consoles nowadays so whoops.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

I think this was attempted with the FPS Shadowrun and it was quickly discovered people not using a keyboard and mouse against those that were had a very unpleasant time so the whole idea was scrapped.

Of course lmao you can get mouse and keyboard adapters for consoles nowadays so whoops.

Yeah I get the problems for pvp but co-op stuff it would be fine.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Because kb+m will stomp a controller on every shooter game

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Slim Pickens posted:

Because kb+m will stomp a controller on every shooter game

Except when the console users get aim assist and the pc users don't

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Nah, aim assist won't overcome that deficit. Aim assist is like dumping a second engine into your car, thinking that it'll be twice as fast while ignoring all of the problems it comes with.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I’m playing MW3 on the ps3 this weekend. There actually a lot of people still on it. Dual shock 3 still sucks as a controller.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I still think the original Xbox huge control pads are the most comfortable I've ever used

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I have a 360 controller for games that are better with one and it's the best.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Naked Bear posted:

Nah, aim assist won't overcome that deficit. Aim assist is like dumping a second engine into your car, thinking that it'll be twice as fast while ignoring all of the problems it comes with.

When a guy with a controller just needs to point his gun NEAR your head to get a head shot, and you need to be dead on to do the same, that's a huge advantage for the controller.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Dual shock 4 but with Xbox stock placement

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

When a guy with a controller just needs to point his gun NEAR your head to get a head shot, and you need to be dead on to do the same, that's a huge advantage for the controller.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Yeah I can't aim worth a controller for poo poo aim assist or no, so keyboard mouse is like cheat mode.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ds4 > 360 pad but 360 pad is ok (except for poo poo d-pad)

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Even with auto-aim the keyboard + mouse still has the advantage of letting you fully turn your character without slowly panning around, overshooting, and coming back. Auto-aim can get pretty awful, though. CoD's implementation basically latches your crosshair onto the person's head and moves it without any input from the player. It also makes games wide-open for abuse by having the keyboard + mouse identify as a gamepad.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
In COD I typically hover a little over a 1 kdr. Every now and then I’ll rail out a 35-5 type game and sometimes I’ll go 0-15.

Turn off auto aim and I go 0-15 every game.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Your Battle Buddy posted:

you need fidel.

man I havent played JA1 in probably since the 90s. JA2 is one of my go tos though, love that game.

I wish they could just remake the game with better sprites/animation/resolution and not gently caress up everything else like they do on all these others.

I recently gave Back in Action another shot with some big mod, and tbh it wasnt the worst game i've played.

Good call, I hadn't needed explosives experts yet...because I hadn't encountered booby-traps so far.
Snake the JA1 merc is no Plissken, no Snake the JA1 merc has skillz of a airsofter, and the raw speed of a Lark* equipped senior citizen.

Day 2:
Sector 39 fight was cool, I save-scummed like mad to get the least worst damage from a grenade blast, bigger than normal amount of enemies in that sector made for a interesting fight. Tactics winning the day made me happy, then I hosed up royally in Sector 40 by being too clever and splitting my squad. Snake + 3 actually good mercs died from my fuckup (RIP Ivan, Bud, native guide). sigh.

Restarted day 2: Snake is gone, Fidel, Helmut, and the buzzkill Roachburn joined my team.

*Lark's are those old person mobility scooters that used to be advertised on TV, for those still confused: think senior citizen wheelchair ATV.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

cowboy elvis posted:

I’m playing MW3 on the ps3 this weekend. There actually a lot of people still on it. Dual shock 3 still sucks as a controller.

gently caress what ya heard this was arguably one of the best CODs. I put so many hours into that game on 360

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
MW2 was like COD on meth.

MW3 was like COD on Heisenberg meth.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It was the only one I felt that properly introduced support streaks so you could still get poo poo that would murder fools without needing an insane KDR. Plus I think it was the first to have death streaks which were hilariously infuriating

I could be wrong but I think it was one of the first if not the first to introduce rage mics. Everyone uses party chat now but god drat it was hilarious to keep killing the same dude and hear some kid yelling obscenities and poo poo. Playing with goons we’d play “hush” where we’d just try to find the best hiding spots on the maps with all the stealth perks without shooting the enemy. Hearing the frustration “the gently caress are these guys” then at the end we’d actually play and dominate

Good analogy btw

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 18, 2017

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

boop the snoot posted:

MW2 was like COD on meth.

MW3 was like COD on Heisenberg meth.

MW3 is a javelin/rpg fest. It’s fun and I do alright. Pretty obvious that in the years since release, the community has figured out their own weird play style.

Kind of crazy how quickly I’m put into games after all these years. MW3 isn’t even very popular. I’ve got MW2 coming in tomorrow.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Man the Wyatt timeline in new Wolfenstein is really taking some unexpected turns :catdrugs:

I love you, man :unsmith:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

MW3 was dumb as gently caress and MW2 had waaayyy better killstreaks. There was nothing more glorious or hilarious than deliberately letting the other team run up the score only to wait 'til the last possible second to drop your nuke and snatch victory out from under their noses.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Glory days of COD

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I should get back into PUBG. I haven't played it since late July.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Man the Wyatt timeline in new Wolfenstein is really taking some unexpected turns :catdrugs:

I love you, man :unsmith:

Wyatt is Shim high the whole game

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Naked Bear posted:

MW3 was dumb as gently caress and MW2 had waaayyy better killstreaks. There was nothing more glorious or hilarious than deliberately letting the other team run up the score only to wait 'til the last possible second to drop your nuke and snatch victory out from under their noses.

yup

mw3 was fun enough but 1/2 were much more fun

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I played MW3 a little bit but mostly stuck to Black Ops.

I didn’t play advanced or infinite because it started getting too out there.

WW2 is pretty good if you liked Black Ops.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
WW2 has so few maps and the rotation isn’t great. I went a whole week before playing a round on the London Docks map or whatever it’s called.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm4RvqxmBTI

Hello and welcome to my warehouse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VGVRX2sqy8

edit : one more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC4CWqx2Dlk

ded fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 19, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

WW2 has so few maps and the rotation isn’t great. I went a whole week before playing a round on the London Docks map or whatever it’s called.

That’s because of DLC.

Which is the future of micro transactions in a few years :downs:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
How is DLC the future

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Oh huh, the ending of Wolfenstein kinda just came out of nowhere. Guess it sets up nicely for a trilogy, but it felt kinda underwhelming.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

cowboy elvis posted:

How is DLC the future

Games are less and less complete (WW2 having such a small multiplayer map rotation for example*) so they can milk DLC.

Pretty soon the way DLC is pervasive will be the way micro transactions are pervasive.

*I’ve also heard people saying that Wolfenstein is too short. But there’s going to be DLC. But we’re okay with it because it’s been a gradual thing.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 19, 2017

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I see DLC as largely a problem of AAA/big studio games. Like sure, it exists for smaller companies ("AA") games or full on indie games but it's not nearly as outlandish.

I am 100% ok with mini-expansion packs or other similar things for DLC. Outright cutting game content out to sell later is loving scummy though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Vasudus posted:

I see DLC as largely a problem of AAA/big studio games. Like sure, it exists for smaller companies ("AA") games or full on indie games but it's not nearly as outlandish.

I am 100% ok with mini-expansion packs or other similar things for DLC. Outright cutting game content out to sell later is loving scummy though.

COD has been cutting content for years. All of the DLC maps are already done.