Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

LobsterMobster posted:

hunky mike chandler is gonna fight sweet jiu jitsu lad goiti yamauchi, per helwani

my world will be torn asunder

Shameful Chandler isn't getting the instant rematch against Brent Primus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Did I just watch a Bellator and return to zero comments? Four first round knockouts happened.

Seems about right.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Log posted:

Did I just watch a Bellator and return to zero comments?

I'm going to say you did, but that there's a chance you didn't.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

Did I just watch a Bellator and return to zero comments? Four first round knockouts happened.

Seems about right.

Not sure about others, but I didn't care to watch it "live" since it happened on Thursday and was tape delayed and I already knew the results. I might catch it tomorrow before UFC starts, dunno

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I only watch Bellator if I'm home by myself on a Friday.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
https://streamable.com/gnowm

This was a really cool submission

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

CommonShore posted:

I only watch Bellator if I'm home by myself on a Friday.

Don't pretend you have a life on Fridays. We all know none of us do.

Also moving across the country has me hosed up on noticing when something is or isn't tape delayed.

Anyways, five fights, four first round finishes. Also a 44 year old man kills a 20 year old.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
A headline: Bellator heavyweight grand prix opening odds: TBA favored over 'King Mo,' Sonnen, 'Rampage‘

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

A headline: Bellator heavyweight grand prix opening odds: TBA favored over 'King Mo,' Sonnen, 'Rampage‘

lol

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Fat Twitter Man posted:

lmao

i hope when fedor's hand breaks minowa is subbed in and takes his rightful spot earned by his superhulk championship

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Smart money is on JT.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
IMO betting the field makes way less sense on this tournament than the Strikeforce one because this isn't a real tournament with locked down dates, they can just postpone fights to whenever unless it's too late or Fedor does his party trick and renegotiates his contract in between fights constantly

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Triticum Guzzler posted:

IMO betting the field makes way less sense on this tournament than the Strikeforce one because this isn't a real tournament with locked down dates, they can just postpone fights to whenever unless it's too late or Fedor does his party trick and renegotiates his contract in between fights constantly

on the other hand Ryan Bader is the #2 seed

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

willie_dee posted:

Smart money is on JT.

yeah, he's already been in a one-night tourney before, I could see Jesse Taylor winning this

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Chael versus Rampage is the loving weirdest fight ever. At least Chael got matched up with the one guy who doesn't know how to submit anything.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Ironic Twist posted:

yeah, he's already been in a one-night tourney before, I could see Jesse Taylor winning this

:lol:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Reminder it’s super super easy to get free credit for FITE. If anyone needs a referral link I can post mine. Then it’s like $9 or free if you get one more friend to sign up.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Does anyone who follows the B leagues better than me know if Kimbo's son is worth a toot?

His Bellator fight recently was about a minute long.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Captain Log posted:

Does anyone who follows the B leagues better than me know if Kimbo's son is worth a toot?

His Bellator fight recently was about a minute long.

As far as I recall, he's basically fought cans/sons of cans (who are also cans)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Draw for the Bellator Heavyweight GP is out.

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/933525244098240517

Image here so people can refer to it when it inevitably collapses under the weight of its own hubris.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Memento posted:

Draw for the Bellator Heavyweight GP is out.

https://twitter.com/BellatorMMA/status/933525244098240517

Image here so people can refer to it when it inevitably collapses under the weight of its own hubris.

over/under 2.5 pops for PEDs
over/under 2 years for this tournament to conclude

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

over/under 2.5 replacements

even money the whole thing is won by someone not even in the tournament

evener money that fighter is currently in the ufc

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Lid posted:

over/under 2.5 replacements

even money the whole thing is won by someone not even in the tournament

evener money that fighter is currently in the ufc

i honestly think 2.5 replacements is low so i would take that over, although now that i think about it 2.5 pops for PEDs is high because Bellator is going to make Fedor fight in North Dakota

edit: also 2 years is too low now that i've done research, fedor hasnt found more than once a year since like 2011

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Its going to be roy vs frank in the final.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

under for PEDs, no one's popping for this because that would require testing

over for time elapsed, there won't be a Bellator HW champ before the next US general election.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I don't give a poo poo how this turns out - it's going to be hysterical and awesome.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It's going to take 5 months to even get through the first round. Also, Mir is going to knock out Fedor

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Chael, who doesn't exactly have a good track record going up in weight, is fighting Fat Rampage.

I need to lay down.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Oh wow the Fedor/Mir fight is at AllState Arena. I will be going to that for sure now.

Given the fight goes through

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Frank's kangaroo meat suspension is up in April so they're not wasting any time getting him back in there

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Captain Log posted:

Chael, who doesn't exactly have a good track record going up in weight, is fighting Fat Rampage.

I need to lay down.

Counterpoint:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm seriously so excited

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Either Coker is a deeply disturbed individual or a comedic genius.

That bracket is hahah, holy gently caress.

Assuming this all goes to plan, which pffft

You got Chael/Rampage which is gonna suck. Rampage doesn't sleep him in the first 30, Chael will sit on him for 25. yay.

Mir/Fedor will not happen but if it does, it has the potential to be a staring contest

Mitrone/Nelson should be crazy violent

Bader/Lawal is Coker taunting us with the possibility of a Bader/Sonnen final. That's loving cruel.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm just glad we're guaranteed that either Bader or mo won't be making it past the opening round. I dare not hope for something as incredible as a Rampage/Fedor fight but it could happen!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
The Something Awful Forums>Discussion>Sports Argument Stadium>Rowdy Ringsports>B-League MMA: Assuming this all goes to plan, which pffft

BDA
Dec 10, 2007

Extremely grim and evil.
What are the odds that someone gets replaced before the first fight even happens?

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

coconono posted:

Mir/Fedor will not happen but if it does, it has the potential to be a staring contest

Fedor swings for the bleachers every fight.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Fedor gonna get Duffee'd.

https://imgur.com/gallery/lemNzfo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Rampage got ankle picked by glover, too. Chael is gonna come out fast, throw one punch, and then shoot a double. If he gets Rampage down, this will be hilarious. There's just as good a chance, though, that Rampage will sprawl through the first takedown, end up on top, and just punch Chael out like every guy bigger than him has done for years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Rampage but with an extra 50lbs to play with vs Chael Sonnen is probably going to be just as bad in reality as it is on paper