Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh duh, I clicked on the 5* one instead of the one clearly labeled. :doh:

Yep, she seems cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Lord Tpasta posted:

Edit: Also, we're getting a Second Archive Expansion, the ability to save multiple support setups, multi-lock function for servants and CEs, and a quest information display. Quite nice I think.

This is clearly the biggest news of the day. These changes mean we're getting a client update, which should mean AP refill notifications and incomplete quest notifications will finally be fixed. I'm extremely happy to have been wrong about that. Also I love the quest information display on JP so getting it on NA this early is really nice.

I'm not sure how to feel about losing Mordred and Jack from the guaranteed gatcha. On the one hand it's good because I didn't particularly care about either of them, but on the other hand it pushes up the chance of getting the one servant from it that I absolutely don't want.

One more thing to note: Conventional wisdom up to now was that you would get enough mana prisms from events to buy Mona Lisas. Now that it's coming out and presumably going away two months earlier than expected this is not true any more, so anyone who wants to limit break it is likely going to have to farm for it.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Freed up some slots if anyone wants in. Had a few people on my list that haven't logged in for 10+ days and anyone that isn't hammering the poo poo out of this event is dead weight.

Altera will soon be 90.
Liz will soon be 80.
Nobu will soon be 80 or replaced by 70 Emiya.
Lancelot will soon be replaced by 80 TamaCat.
:toot:

Code: 381,889,867

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Anyone who grailed Mata Hari to 90 is a friend of mine. Request sent.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Lt. Lizard posted:

Anyone who grailed Mata Hari to 90 is a friend of mine. Request sent.
90 Altera with a Kaleidoscope? Yes, and thank you. :cheers:

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 18, 2017

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
my George earned himself at least 1 Grail today because he saw I didn't have enough EXP cards to fully level him up to 55 from 50 and he hit a Super Success to push there.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Request sent. I assume Liz will get that poster girl when the archer quest hits?

Why is the cavalry tax a thing? I've been killing caster non-stop for the past six hours, every time I think I'm out of stamina I level up and have to get back to it. And every fight is so. loving. long.

ZiegeDame fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 18, 2017

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

ZiegeDame posted:

Request sent. I assume Liz will get that poster girl when the archer quest hits?
Absolutely. I've been cycling it around depending on the most current quest. :)

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So I'm looking at the japanese tier lists recently and uhhh what the gently caress happened with jeanne that she went from a 6-7/10 servant to just behind Merlin???

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So I'm looking at the japanese tier lists recently and uhhh what the gently caress happened with jeanne that she went from a 6-7/10 servant to just behind Merlin???

Losing the self-stun on her NP helped a lot

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tarezax posted:

Losing the self-stun on her NP helped a lot

No, the rating even post stun removal was still pretty low. Has her kit changed at all recently or has it been strictly a change in the meta?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

IIRC she was really useful during the Nerofest challenge quests which is why she jumped so high.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

The tier lists are probably poo poo anyway and shouldn't be taken too seriously

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I sincerely hope that Scathach rate up comes with Fragments of 2030, otherwise I'm gonna be...I mean, I'll still roll, but if I didn't get Scathach, I could at least console myself that I would probably get at least 1 2030. If it isn't coming on this banner, I won't even have that to soothe my salty tears.

EDIT: Nevermind, I decided to check out the screenshots myself. Fragments of 2030 is there. They literally just added Gilgamesh to the banner...oh gently caress I don't want to get spooked by Gilgamesh. OH gently caress PLEASE NO KING.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Nov 19, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the appmedia list is mainly based around whatever the hardest content is, so Jeanne suddenly being particularly useful during Nerofest made her jump up.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Gologle posted:

I sincerely hope that Scathach rate up comes with Fragments of 2030, otherwise I'm gonna be...I mean, I'll still roll, but if I didn't get Scathach, I could at least console myself that I would probably get at least 1 2030. If it isn't coming on this banner, I won't even have that to soothe my salty tears.

EDIT: Nevermind, I decided to check out the screenshots myself. Fragments of 2030 is there. They literally just added Gilgamesh to the banner...oh gently caress I don't want to get spooked by Gilgamesh. OH gently caress PLEASE NO KING.

The way they phrased it (ie. "daily" rate-up), I hope they will do same thing like they did with Kintoki banner and will just have a different SSR on rate-up each day (i.e. first day its Scathach rate-up, second day its Gilgamesh, third day its Kintoki, the repeat).

I will probably die if they will put all three SSRs on rate-up at the same time.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

IIRC she was really useful during the Nerofest challenge quests which is why she jumped so high.

Motto posted:

the appmedia list is mainly based around whatever the hardest content is, so Jeanne suddenly being particularly useful during Nerofest made her jump up.

So just a momentary jump because of the meta then.

I'm trying to recover my old gilgamesh account because I forgot to back it up prior to updating to android 8.1 and found myself unable to play the game. I have an older Jeanne account and I thought I could try maining it over gilgamesh but if she's still super situational then https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVfXz-L7p1Y&t=17s

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The appmedia list in general is prone to knee jerk revisions among other things, so i wouldn't really on it in general.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
No Moedred or Jack in the paid gacha kinda sucks.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Pureauthor posted:

No Moedred or Jack in the paid gacha kinda sucks.

Does it matter? Won’t we get another paid gacha during the new year?

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Soylentbits posted:

we aren't sure, the JPN didn't get a paid gatcha at Thanksgiving, so if we did we'd actually have gotten 2 instead of 1, more then JPN got.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

We know that some of Aniplex na people reads reddit/other social media, we know they're reacting to everyone saving for half a year or more for their favorite servants, this feels like it's half a signal for 'stop thinking you know everything'

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Soylentbits posted:

While it's possible I'd tend to assume not. The JP gatcha is at New Years because it's a big spending time for young people in Japan, so moving it to Black Friday in NA would make a lot of sense. Certainly this event has cannibalized an awful lot of what would have been in the New Years' event, so it seems likely that that event's going to be heavily downplayed to compensate.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Is there any financial downside for having more paid SSR 5's?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

Is there any financial downside for having more paid SSR 5's?

Only their financial analysts know for sure. But certainly it's a loss for them if an individual spends $30 to get an SSR instead of $300.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

More to the point, I doubt DW are going to give Aniplex NA the go ahead on holding 3 guaranteed gachas a year instead of just 2.

Also gonna have to tun calcs on what I need to do to still get the Mona Lisa.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

Only their financial analysts know for sure. But certainly it's a loss for them each time an individual spends $30 to get an SSR instead of $300.

I dunno, if it's like these versions where there's no new servants than all it's doing is getting money from people that aren't spending at all. Whales will spend regardless on new banners.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Maybe they're moving this up so that London can happen in december?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Best case scenario: Paid gacha now, paid gacha 2 in New Years, with only Mordred and Jack as the SSRs.

Randomzx
Jul 26, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Bosses started to have multiple HP bars to deal with the massive buff stacking especially with Merlin. That way you can't just blow up bosses with buffed as hell damage dealer (done with double stacks of buffs with the hell of the Mystic Code that switches the damage dealer to the back row [buffs don't expire there]).
Then bosses started to have more status effects/buffs that discourages damage only teams
Then in the later challenge quests, double servants were banned (particularly aimed at double Merlin)

Thus the game become more about sustainability in long fights. And thus arts team re-surged in tier lists, especially the stalling type team.

Jeanne with the NP stun removal upgrade is now in a good position in the current meta game. She have the necessary art cards for art team, and have team wide invulnerability and heal over time. And thus she will perform consistently in long fights.

However, her damage is very low for a 5 star and since the ruler class basically deals neutral damage to almost everybody, she will still drag out fights painfully long.

Randomzx fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Nov 19, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I cant recover my Gilgamesh account so might as well keep playing the Jeanne one :sigh:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
On the subject of recovering accounts, how do the transfer codes work? Do they just take a snapshot of your account when you issue the code, or will the code stay updated to your current account until you use it?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

ZiegeDame posted:

On the subject of recovering accounts, how do the transfer codes work? Do they just take a snapshot of your account when you issue the code, or will the code stay updated to your current account until you use it?
You enter a password and it gives you a code to copy or save. Then when you add the game on another device, you enter your code to load your profile. It should stay up-to-date.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

ZiegeDame posted:

All account data is stored on the servers; transfer codes just change which device is allowed to access that account. In other words it's the latter.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Pureauthor posted:

Best case scenario: Paid gacha now, paid gacha 2 in New Years, with only Mordred and Jack as the SSRs.

that is not going to happen because it wouldn't be random enough.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

So 50% chance of getting 5 rare prisms?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Stallion Cabana posted:

that is not going to happen because it wouldn't be random enough.

They've done a guaranteed gatcha with only Jeanne and Jack in JP before.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wuxi posted:

So 50% chance of getting 5 rare prisms?

That's no way to refer to the Heir of Camelot. :colbert:

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I cant recover my Gilgamesh account so might as well keep playing the Jeanne one :sigh:

I have an alt account I haven’t played since gilgamesh banner. Do you want it? It’s got gilgamesh/drake/herc/emiya. It has no quartz because i like to roll, but its also got like 700 AP queued from 1/2 AP embers. I think it’s level 42 or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

UchihaHirou posted:

I have an alt account I haven’t played since gilgamesh banner. Do you want it? It’s got gilgamesh/drake/herc/emiya. It has no quartz because i like to roll, but its also got like 700 AP queued from 1/2 AP embers. I think it’s level 42 or something.

Are these english accounts or japanese?