Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Delizin posted:

Though I imagine Cole will want Sen Blumenthal to resign just to be on the safe side.

gently caress yourself buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

AkrisD posted:

It's really good. Had me and my wife glued to it exactly like Making a Murderer.

I mean, there are bits where the scripted amateur-flair and cellphone footage really knocks you over the head with some awkward acting, but several times, I've gone "OH MY GOD, THESE NERDS WENT FULL ON CSI ON THIS poo poo, JUST TELL ME WHO DREW THE DICKS ALREADY", and I realize that I've completely forgotten I'm watching an 8 part series on loving dick-sprayed-car mystery and feel just like in Making a Murderer, complete with the urge to go to Wikipedia to spoil the "plot". It's so dumb, but equally hilarious that I'm watching it.

So much effort for a series based on a premise that you'd think wouldn't get greenlit as a 20 minute piece on AdultSwim.

The completely serious and fact-focused details on the dick-drawery are peak-GiP.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

The whole bit about the hand job at camp had me in tears.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Gonna have to watch that after I get through pillaging the HBO/skinemax free preview.

Finally watched John Wick 2 last night, good poo poo.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mean, there are bits where the scripted amateur-flair and cellphone footage really knocks you over the head with some awkward acting, but several times, I've gone "OH MY GOD, THESE NERDS WENT FULL ON CSI ON THIS poo poo, JUST TELL ME WHO DREW THE DICKS ALREADY", and I realize that I've completely forgotten I'm watching an 8 part series on loving dick-sprayed-car mystery and feel just like in Making a Murderer, complete with the urge to go to Wikipedia to spoil the "plot". It's so dumb, but equally hilarious that I'm watching it.

So much effort for a series based on a premise that you'd think wouldn't get greenlit as a 20 minute piece on AdultSwim.

The completely serious and fact-focused details on the dick-drawery are peak-GiP.

It's easily the best mockumentary ever.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Bored As gently caress posted:

It's easily the best mockumentary ever.

Let's not go overboard. There's no way it's better than This Is Spinal Tap and Best in Show.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

The loving animation slayed me. And they kept going back to it, too.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Handsome Ralph posted:

That and the discussion around ball hair

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Just finished it. Goddamnit, why did it have to go all making sense-like at the end? :mad:

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Prop Wash posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/16/magazine/uncounted-civilian-casualties-iraq-airstrikes.html

Scathing (and v. long) assessment of precision airstrikes by the NY Times. Excellent article, even though it basically tears the USAF a new one. It's just that every time they talk about offices in CENTCOM that are supposed to be responsible for these things I imagine empty chairs, unfilled positions and dudes who go their whole deployment without ever looking at the continuity.

God loving drat it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I can’t imagine why RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORISTS want to blow up everything in the United States.

When we do it to them it’s DEFENDING OUR FREEDOMS!!!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Condolences to the bride and groom

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Prop Wash posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/11/16/magazine/uncounted-civilian-casualties-iraq-airstrikes.html

Scathing (and v. long) assessment of precision airstrikes by the NY Times. Excellent article, even though it basically tears the USAF a new one. It's just that every time they talk about offices in CENTCOM that are supposed to be responsible for these things I imagine empty chairs, unfilled positions and dudes who go their whole deployment without ever looking at the continuity.

CENTCOM is a lot more than just the Air Force (current cg is Army as was the previous). Even in the air campaign you’ve got ever branch strongly represented along with the large international representation. I was surprised at how many Navy folks for example- every branch wants a piece of the action. Both stateside and forward at the caoc it is a very well manned operation; when the article says everything is going through layers of targeteers and lawyers and analysts, that is true- not empty chairs. Not saying this to excuse the civilian casualties (if anything it only makes it look worse). I say it to remind people how huge the air campaign is, it’s just a little less covered because it isn’t as sexy as the sof missions or as urgent as the boots on the ground that is typically covered by the media.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FastestGunAlive posted:

CENTCOM is a lot more than just the Air Force (current cg is Army as was the previous). Even in the air campaign you’ve got ever branch strongly represented along with the large international representation. I was surprised at how many Navy folks for example- every branch wants a piece of the action. Both stateside and forward at the caoc it is a very well manned operation; when the article says everything is going through layers of targeteers and lawyers and analysts, that is true- not empty chairs. Not saying this to excuse the civilian casualties (if anything it only makes it look worse). I say it to remind people how huge the air campaign is, it’s just a little less covered because it isn’t as sexy as the sof missions or as urgent as the boots on the ground that is typically covered by the media.

Yup, when I was in Qatar with my unit, we frequently had Army guys flying with us for CENTCOM missions to handle ground comms for coordinating strikes. Navy had their own guys flying around as well, along with the Marines.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Zimbabwe's President Mugabe looking more and more to be on his last legs politically.

Still under house arrest, and the people are jubilant.

That's a dope sign btw.

BBC: Zimbabwe crowds rejoice as they demand end to Mugabe rule

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/931972555107454977

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

That headline makes it sound like the opposite of what happened, which is that a drifting tugboat hit the destroyer.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

That headline makes it sound like the opposite of what happened, which is that a drifting tugboat hit the destroyer.

Clickbait, noun: ...

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Lol, these guys are completely up their own asses.
https://www.wired.com/story/anthony...4lYsFPm8Q%3D%3D

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Oh cool, so we'll probably have to fight the Geth and they've already got willing Husks? Great.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Argentina is missing a submarine.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-42030560

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

not caring here posted:

Oh cool, so we'll probably have to fight the Geth and they've already got willing Husks? Great.

Gonna become a reporter

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

Check USN destroyers for suspicious dents

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Anta posted:

Check RN destroyers for suspicious dents

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

They must’ve heard the 7th fleet likes playing bumper boats

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

not caring here posted:

Geth already had “bodies”. Husks were for that other race.

I need to go back and play that series. Is Andomeda anygood?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Soulex posted:

I understand it was ok, but will never be finished since it was being released in chapters, and got cancelled

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

RFC2324 posted:

I understand it was ok, but will never be finished since it was being released in chapters, and got cancelled

it fell far short of 'ok'

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

at the date posted:

it fell far short of 'ok'

I never played it myself, but I saw enough people who were actually upset that it got cancelled that I assumed it had to be 'ok' tho enough people bashing it that it obviously wasn't 'good'

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah. After the ending of 3, I was like “never again.” I was so upset that the story wet loving farted like that after that story. It was like building up to the worlds best orgasm then someone knocks on the door and you feargasm instead.

What a great loving story though. That and Bloodborne. I’ll never play the game but goddamn is that story deep. I read the lore of that a while ago.

Mr_Ruckus
Jul 8, 2008

I thought it was an ok, game in it's own right but paled in comparison to the first three. I enjoyed my playthrough of it, although I likely won't revisit it without any new content being added (which I think they said they're not doing). Most of the side quests are very repetitive fetch quests though, so can be skipped.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I want you to imagine the world where it's official policy to tweet things you know look really bad with even half a brain cell of thought out into it.

https://twitter.com/speakerryan/status/931600555927105536

Because it's official policy and your imagining trump. Promising billionaire tax breaks and $13/week for those in poverty.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Yes that alleged 700 will definitely be put into savings and not used to just make ends meet

bengy81
May 8, 2010
$13.45 a week!

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

bengy81 posted:

$13.45 a week!

IF she doesn't take advantage of any of the numerous deductions being cut by the bill enough to outweigh the rate changes. And the average person in her income bracket does.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I would like to think that this won't pass the senate and actually happen, and there's probably a good chance of it dying there like healthcare did, but goddamn.

If there's ever been a motivation for me to make more money, it's living in a republican administration.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

I want you to imagine the world where it's official policy to tweet things you know look really bad with even half a brain cell of thought out into it.

https://twitter.com/speakerryan/status/931600555927105536

Because it's official policy and your imagining trump. Promising billionaire tax breaks and $13/week for those in poverty.

Putting “refund” in there makes me wonder what they did to withholding calculations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
How do you know what anyone’s refund is

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Soulex posted:

It wasn't bad but not bad isn't enough coming off the first trilogy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Jackpot. When that kid is 18 years old the Cindy will have saved almost enough to pay for one semester of college.

• Locked thread