Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Jackpot. When that kid is 18 years old the Cindy will have saved almost enough to pay for one semester of college.

that's ok. he'll be able to work in the coal mines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Vasudus posted:

If there's ever been a motivation for me to make more money, it's living in a republican administration.

That is some Catch-22 level of irony right there

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Jackpot. When that kid is 18 years old the Cindy will have saved almost enough to pay for one semester of college.

As long as they don't want to go to grad school

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Zeris posted:

That is some Catch-22 level of irony right there

yep

i gotta make enough to get some of them sweet sweet tax breaks that are actually good money

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Vasudus posted:

yep

i gotta make enough to get some of them sweet sweet tax breaks that are actually good money

I just watched The Florida Project so my mind is laser-locked on the hosed up ways our government already keeps poor people down and tries to throw anyone on the ledge into the pit. Seems like we are doubling down on it.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Zeris posted:

I just watched The Florida Project so my mind is laser-locked on the hosed up ways our government already keeps poor people down and tries to throw anyone on the ledge into the pit. Seems like we are doubling down on it.

Every single day I thank my lucky stars that I'm:

white
male
veteran
combat disabled but still functional
graduate-educated
white collar

Because gently caress me, things are bad for literally anyone that isn't all of those things and it's getting worse.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Soulex posted:

Geth already had bodies. Husks were for that other race.

I need to go back and play that series. Is Andomeda anygood?

Nah dude husks were made by the geth.

The story of Andromeda is probably somewhere between 2 and 3, though much closer to 2. The multiplayer is pretty great though, if you enjoyed the MP in 3 (which was amazing and made the game worth it on its own).

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Jokes on you, inflation and the rising cost of tuition will put it out of reach by that time

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Vasudus posted:

white
male
veteran
graduate-educated
white collar

Because gently caressme, things are bad for literally anyone that isn't all of those things

and

it's

getting

worse.

ftfy

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
now the clapping thing just gives me a headache because i can't speak like that in my head and have a break in sentences that often :(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah. This dude was explaining to me how NFL players are disrespecting our troops and how he isn’t racist but...
I called him out, he said his wife was black (she is) but that’s also like the best version of “I got a black friend!” Like dude I wonder how she feels about you saying BLM is a terrorist organization. Or how police brutality is a small and isolated problem when you lived in loving Baltimore.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Vasudus posted:

white
male
veteran
graduate-educated
white collar

Because gently caress me, things are bad for literally anyone that isn't all of those things and it's getting worse.

Run for office, or at least consider working in the congressional staff for a term

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Being in an interracial relationship for the last year has certainly made me more aware of things, that's for sure. Like being sympathetic and understanding is one thing, but now it's like 'there's a non-zero chance that I'm going to end up in jail beating up a goddamn racist rear end in a top hat'

M_Gargantua posted:

Run for office, or at least consider working in the congressional staff for a term

I have legitimately considered this but in a few years.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Vasudus posted:

white
male
veteran
graduate-educated
white collar

Run for office

Not joking.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I will vote for you provided you do one thing:

Shim for DIRNSA.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

Vasudus posted:

Being in an interracial relationship for the last year has certainly made me more aware of things, that's for sure. Like being sympathetic and understanding is one thing, but now it's like 'there's a non-zero chance that I'm going to end up in jail beating up a goddamn racist rear end in a top hat'

This is an experience every white dude should go through if only to be offered a behind the curtain peek at who in their life was a racist rear end in a top hat this whole time and you never noticed. Who needs friends anyways.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

This is an experience every white dude should go through if only to be offered a behind the curtain peek at who in their life was a racist rear end in a top hat this whole time and you never noticed. Who needs friends anyways.

Does this still count when a white guy dates an asian woman?

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Depends on the number of anime pillows he has.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zeris posted:

Does this still count when a white guy dates an asian woman?

At that point it's like 30/70 racism/fetishism

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 19, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

I have legitimately considered this but in a few years.

Have your SO run instead and back her.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Just to be perfectly clear, you should mock anyone of either sex who can't grow a proper mustache

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 19, 2017

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Just to be perfectly clear, you should mock anyone of either sex who can't grow a proper mustache

At least those who try and fail.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Soulex posted:

Yeah. This dude was explaining to me how NFL players are disrespecting our troops and how he isn’t racist but...
I called him out, he said his wife was black (she is) but that’s also like the best version of “I got a black friend!” Like dude I wonder how she feels about you saying BLM is a terrorist organization. Or how police brutality is a small and isolated problem when you lived in loving Baltimore.

On the other hand, you can't assume that because she's black, she doesn't believe the same poo poo he does.

As noted by the number of people who voted for a literal human sideshow of money when they're dirt poor, people will believe whatever dumb poo poo they want.

I'm still amazed by the number of people on my Facebook feed who don't understand that they're literally upset because the black people on their TV screen won't act like they're supposed to. It's loving depressing.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Internet Wizard posted:

Nah dude husks were made by the geth.

The story of Andromeda is probably somewhere between 2 and 3, though much closer to 2. The multiplayer is pretty great though, if you enjoyed the MP in 3 (which was amazing and made the game worth it on its own).

It's a lot like jumping from Stargate to Stargate: Atlantis. It's technically better. Like the props and effects are better by sheer experience and the crawl of time. If you liked Mass Effect for the mountains of lore, want to read that lore rephrase but largely unchained, and want a Dances With Wolves kinda survivalist narrative then the game is fine.

The thing is that fine is the best you can expect from it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i'm falling in love

i'm falling in for for the first time

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

i'm falling in love

And we can love FOREVER

Thump
Thump

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

i'm falling in love

for the rest of this page, we communicate solely via freddie images

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Anime is sin but that dude has an awesome stache

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

orange juche posted:

Anime is sin but that dude has an awesome stache

That's because it's Actually Freddie Mercury.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

cnn has a trump tracker now for his moore comments

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Net Neutrality is gonna be dead by Thanksgiving and Comcast is asking Pai to pre-empt and state Net Neutrality pushes

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

the worst thing about trump and the alt right is you can't make ironic hitler jokes anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

the worst thing about trump and the alt right is you can't make ironic hitler jokes anymore.

We need some kind of solution to the Alt-Right.

The kind of solution after which additional solutions will not be required.

• Locked thread