Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Making my waifus yellow was worth every dollar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
thanks for making me feel better about only splurging a hundred odd dollars for the Future Foundation skins guys, RIP this dead gay game

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Autism Sneaks posted:

thanks for making me feel better about only splurging a hundred odd dollars for the Future Foundation skins guys, RIP this dead gay game

future fight skins were the wiser investment

cams
Mar 28, 2003

my real dollar spending was around $600, but this includes the $300 in gazbucks i bought for less than a hundred bucks i think

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

MMAgCh posted:

On Steam you go to your Badges page and choose "How do I earn card drops?" for the game in question.

Sweet Zombie Jesus that is a bit of a shock to me, seeing how much iv'e pumped into POE as well means this is a serious business. :eyepop: :homebrew:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

$661 over steam, at least $300 more direct through the website that I can recall and I also played the game about a thousand hours before it went to steam. Goddamn digital crack.

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Vakal posted:

Jesus. What was there even in this game that you could spend that amount it?

Mostly boosts to cosmic every hero. And before they added ult tokens to the store I'd gift a hero to myself multiple times to max an ult. Almost always paid for heroes and bought nearly every team-up since splinters went to maxing ults. I never bought a single advance pack or anything at all through steam so somehow that odd amount was all buying gazbucks in-game.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

it doesn't count as cosmic if you use boosts

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Reading about all of the weird people with mental illness that played this game really brings into clarity a post I made in one of these threads almost 2 years ago.

PureRok posted:

I love reading this thread. It reminds me of that week I spent in the mental ward at the hospital. :allears:

(Yes, I really went and hunted that post down)

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Who was that one oforums guy that really did stalk a woman that was accidentally nice to him in a mental hospital?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

PureRok posted:

Reading about all of the weird people with mental illness that played this game really brings into clarity a post I made in one of these threads almost 2 years ago.

(Yes, I really went and hunted that post down)

Most of us have long ago came to terms with the fact that healthy people with fulfilling lives don't pour thousands of hours and dollars into alternate reality machines.

:cosmic2day:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I think that was ICR and they've since married.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

I think that was ICR and they've since married.

My wife hates video games with a passion. You may be thinking of LCR, my arch nemesis.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

godface zillah posted:

Who was that one oforums guy that really did stalk a woman that was accidentally nice to him in a mental hospital?

That would be forums superstar XenusParadox, who has almost definitely murdered that poor woman by now.

XenusParadox posted:

I have a story too.

I've been working at a vocational rehab program since last Memorial Day. I went there because I suffer from autism, social anxiety, depression, and a slew of other neurological, emotional and developmental disorders. I immediately took a liking to a young woman named Evelyn who doesn't speak English and, using my broken Spanish, began speaking to her.

At first, she was somewhat wary of me, but after I mentioned how I frequently take on a protective role towards people, particularly younger women, she began to show interest in me. I would sit by myself at lunch and she'd come and sit with me. Sometimes she'd come with a friend and after a minute ask the friend to leave.

I began hearing her talk to her friends about me. It was clear that she was attracted to me. And my initial physical attraction was amplified by the fact that this girl clearly suffers from some anxiety and abandonment issues and needs a strong protective figure in her life. I fell for her, because she needed me.

I was scared to death, because at 33 years old, I've never had a girlfriend. Closest I'd ever come was Katrina, the girl who's now my best friend, but who has such terrible commitment anxiety that she denies being attracted to me even though it's so obvious sometimes that everyone else can tell. I'm currently coaching her through her first relationship even though I've been in love with her for seven years, because she needs to learn how to stick with a guy and I can't coach her through being with ME; it just won't work.

Back to Evelyn. Once it was clear she liked me, and I started showing that I liked her, her friends started encouraging me to overcome my timidity. So I started flirting with her. She appreciated it. It was all smiles and "Listen to what Xenu's said" and "look, he gave me plastic flowers!"

That's when management assumed I was sexually harassing her. Dragged me upstairs and lectured me about "appropriate workplace behavior" and said basically, when we're at work, we have to keep our social lives separate.

The next day, I suffered a relapse of the chronic migraine-related vertigo that's plagued me for 8 years and had to leave the program while I got it straightened out.

During that time, unbeknownst to me, Evelyn got a boyfriend.

I eventually returned to the program, and on seeing that Evelyn still had a time card, I texted Katrina and asked her if it would be creepy (since I'm autistic, I have to check these things) if I left a note saying "hey, I'm coming back, my friend" next to her time card. Got the green light.

When I came back, Evelyn wasn't talking to me. Not even "hi" or "bye" or "welcome back" or anything.

And based on what I was observing, and the changes in behavior over time, and what her friends told me, I eventually pieced some things together.

She had a boyfriend now.

She got that boyfriend because she thought she was never going to see me again.

When she found out I was coming back, she had a near nervous breakdown because she still had feelings for me but didn't want to leave the security of the new relationship.

And it caused all kinds of problems, because she's freakin' 20 and can't act mature to save her life. She was MAD at me for getting sick and "abandoning" her, and mad for coming back after she met someone else. So she decided to punish me, but also she still liked me.

She would flirt with me one day and then decide she was uncomfortable around me the next because she felt guilty.

And her friends - the lead and assistant lead of the department - were being super unprofessional, getting all this personal BS mixed up in workplace activity. Talking about how "He's staring at you, he's in love with you" when I was standing right there, then turning around and telling me "she's uncomfortable because of how you feel about her."

And when it reached a breaking point for me - when it started affecting my job performance - I went to management for help.

And they released me from the program for "mental health concerns". They accused me of a "pattern of inappropriate conduct" despite the fact that no complaints were made against me by any of my coworkers, bringing up another girl I was talking to in the hallway - not that it's any of their drat business - who suffers from autism and social anxiety like me, and who, upon exchanging numbers with me, started bombarding me with sexually explicit text messages.

When I went back to pick up my last paycheck, I rode on a later bus than usual. There were 2 jackasses who were engaged in sexually explicit conversation 2 feet from the bus driver, and there were women and children on board. I asked them politely to stop; they laughed at me and continued. I requested that the driver enforce the company's sexual harassment policy, he told me they'd paid their fare and had a right to be on the bus, and if I had a problem with them I could get off. I downloaded the app to report sexual harassment, provided the bus number, the operator's ID number, and nothing was done.

By the by, my friend Katrina? Know her from church. Every time she breaks up with another guy, she wants to go out with me. Never calls it a date, because words like "date" and "boyfriend" and "relationship" scare her. But she has feelings for me, and when I went to my bishop for help, he dismissed me with "She's a lot more attractive than you are. You're imagining things. Leave her alone." From that point on, he'd harass me any time I tried to be friends with a woman.

And then there's my experiences growing up. Bullied at school? You bet. My dad liked to come home after a hard day at work and find an excuse to scream at and/or beat me to work out his anger. Guess how much sympathy and support I got from authority figures?

So you know what? I have a HUGE problem when other people bully me, and when I stand up for myself, I get in trouble for it while the instigators get off scot-free. Maybe it doesn't look like that's what's happening to others, but from where I stand, I've gotten into some verbal altercations with a few folks who gave as good as they got, and I got hit with mod action while they simply had their posts deleted and not so much as a 0-point warning was given.

So while I accept that I've earned my warnings, I think I shouldn't be alone in this jail cell.

And at this point, I'm thinking maybe a few days off from these forums is a good idea.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I believe he's also the same one who threatened to murder everyone at Gaz if they didn't buff Punisher, but correct me if that was Scourm or some other member of the ~P3~

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

I believe he's also the same one who threatened to murder everyone at Gaz if they didn't buff Punisher, but correct me if that was Scourm or some other member of the ~P3~

It was Xenus. You are correct. Yes he was batshit insane.

Scourm was the 1-6 hotkey method that “worked for all characters and made them all best in game”.

Dude really, really, really could not handle even an ounce of criticism. The bingman was worse though.

I love me some oforums because they’re all insane but I really do think that MH takes the cake for most insane personalities I’ve ever seen. Shits legendary on that forum.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
here is some fanart from the oforums from my time in marvel heroes i do not fully remember the conetxt ty

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

MotU posted:

here is some fanart from the oforums from my time in marvel heroes i do not fully remember the conetxt ty

I found it https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/77199/how-to-better-implement-doop-in-marvel-heroes

edit: this thread got me shadow banned btw

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
did they ever fix girl ghost riders lack of butt

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy

cams posted:

yeah this is the content i've craved

:shlick:

Thanks for that.

$6k on a game and they can't even call you to let you know its shutting down. What happened to VIP service

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug

dont forget that this got you shadowbanned, for some reason

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

I am deeply disturbed that Titan Quest, a dead game from a decades ago, has a new expansion out.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

That would be forums superstar XenusParadox, who has almost definitely murdered that poor woman by now.

Yeah that's some real chiller poo poo.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Kainser posted:

Making my waifus yellow was worth every dollar.

are they still all level 1 you cosmic cheater?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

jujojoh posted:

I am deeply disturbed that Titan Quest, a dead game from a decades ago, has a new expansion out.

This is the work of a monkey's paw wish if I ever saw one

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

punchymcpunch posted:

are they still all level 1 you cosmic cheater?

I got all the cool and good heroes to 60, I only left the terrible and useless ones like antman at level 1 :cosmic2day:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I was way off, looks like I only spent $380 on this game. I'm well under 8 cents an hour. What a great value!

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Booted this up on my laptop for one last hurrah and it was running like dogshit for some reason. Then I remembered, run it on max settings and somehow it works better. Lo and behold, still works.

Never cosmic'd, never prestiged. Best decision of my life.

RosaParksOfDip fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Nov 19, 2017

Hauki
May 11, 2010

man, and I was kinda regretting the $50 or whatever I've spent on this

works out to ~$0.15/hr, I better cram some more playtime in before game is officially dead, gotta work on that ratio

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

1096 hours and only $700 somehow. Thanks for the fun you mad, mad people. It really helped me during some dark times. Never go yellow though.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Since it's been a year or so, I've been enjoying the free 1000Gs/day and dicking around with all those boosts I probably mentioned in my last post. Eat an EXP crate, hit the raft, level 60 after I kill the Q36 or whatever prototype early on in the Jersey Docks.

Weird poo poo I don't like: New maps that feel smaller and cramped, story-locked doors so you can't boss hop the story, and that it seems to take a billionty Infinity Points to do anything now with end-game stats.

I've also spent 1000-2000 Gs on various fortune cards (packs of 36 and 72). The event cards seem to drop costumes/pets at a tolerable rate, but the Mk1-6 have loving abysmal rare/epic drop rates if they aren't just broken or had the chase costumes removed in a patch while I was away.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
I didn't really play this game all that much, not compared to some of you (only 354 hours and $240 spent), but I did enjoy sitting back and shooting the poo poo, subjecting myself to the neverending cycle of correcting pubbie misinformation, and running through danger rooms for lack of anything better to do. I would totally come back and observe the twilight age of this awesome/awful game, but I've moved and my new internet speed's complete poo poo, so I'm just going to have to live vicariously through all of you!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I do find myself heartened by the thought that while this dumb game will die, our equally dumb emoticons will live on.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

I do find myself heartened by the thought that while this dumb game will die, our equally dumb emoticons will live on.

if images could be thread titles...

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Booted this up on my laptop for one last hurrah and it was running like dogshit for some reason. Then I remembered, run it on max settings and somehow it works better. Lo and behold, still works.

Never cosmic'd, never prestiged. Best decision of my life.

You gotta play two hours before it shuts down.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

MMAgCh posted:

Captain Theron
Mar 22, 2010

Also, I'm really enjoying the irony of the thread title now.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

this one was always the most worth getting as an actual forums emote and im surprised nobody did it. its useful for like every game

someone made a purple version too, i forget who?

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Nov 20, 2017

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

malhavok posted:

You gotta play two hours before it shuts down.

Done. I've just been throwing all my inventory into new stashes and leveling heroes "fresh" aside from synergies all the infinity points (when did they start calling them that?). It's kinda nice not having to deal with the clusterfuck my inventories became. That was the biggest barrier to ever playing the game again. That and figuring out how to gear people once they did the giant gear gently caress-up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I want to get everyone to 60 and now that I have unlimited gazbucks, what's the fastest and most bullshit way to do this?