Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's stupid that they ding your power rating if you lose a match with a DC. But the power rating also isn't very important so whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
Also, after playing Mario Odyssey, I kind of wish my squidkid had a idle dancing animation for splatfests. He looks like such a buzzkill just standing there while everyone else is having a blast!

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Intoluene posted:

Uhh, the fantasy team colour is neon green.

nigga i aint color blind they are very clearly yellow and blue with a mix of them
https://twitter.com/switch_afro/status/931928712131493888

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
You're seeing some kind of weird gradient on the green part. You've got dark patches in the blue, too.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I've never seen that before myself. Do you have your color range set manually?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The color range is just to denote the elevation changes throughout the stage

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'm about to claw my own loving face off because I got halfway through champion last night with like only 2-3 losses, and today it's the exact opposite, fantasy is just loving steamrolling every match and it's like I can't even hit them then I just loving explode when they look my way. I would think we were missing a team member except it doesn't seem like it's been the case so far.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

raditts posted:

I'm about to claw my own loving face off because I got halfway through champion last night with like only 2-3 losses, and today it's the exact opposite, fantasy is just loving steamrolling every match and it's like I can't even hit them then I just loving explode when they look my way. I would think we were missing a team member except it doesn't seem like it's been the case so far.

I had this probably really bad last night where there was this roller who BELOW me, I'm shooting directly at him and nothing happens for the first 3 bullets until he just looks up and kills me with one hit.

18 Wins and 13 Losses on my way to the max rank, ending at 2100 splat power and peaking at 2167. I must be getting burned out on this game, but it really doesn't help your mood when poo poo like the above happens. I really hope Nintendo does something about this by the time paid online comes about (they won't. It'll probably actually get worse with less players to matchmake with)

PS: The sooner the splashdown meta poo poo is gone, the better.

https://twitter.com/LogothX/status/931971792423542784

You should be punished for using area attacks recklessly. He tried this stupid poo poo several times later in the match.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Nov 18, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I doubt Splashdown is getting nerfed anytime soon. Not when people are demanding for the Sting Ray to be nerfed already, and that special is the bigger problem at the moment. Though I have to wonder if they're going to nerf the Splattershot at all next patch, since that's one of the most popular weapons in the game, and its kit synergizes really well with the Splashdown.

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Night Blade posted:

I had this probably really bad last night where there was this roller who BELOW me, I'm shooting directly at him and nothing happens for the first 3 bullets until he just looks up and kills me with one hit.

18 Wins and 13 Losses on my way to the max rank, ending at 2100 splat power and peaking at 2167. I must be getting burned out on this game, but it really doesn't help your mood when poo poo like the above happens. I really hope Nintendo does something about this by the time paid online comes about (they won't. It'll probably actually get worse with less players to matchmake with)

PS: The sooner the splashdown meta poo poo is gone, the better.

https://twitter.com/LogothX/status/931971792423542784

You should be punished for using area attacks recklessly. He tried this stupid poo poo several times later in the match.

To be fair you made that about as easy for him as you could have without just standing inside the killzone.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/eikoandmog/status/931972064625307648

Probably not that impressive but that still felt real good.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Night Blade posted:

yeah, I just had this happen
https://twitter.com/raditts/status/931982713795502080

At least we still won the match pretty handily, but I think I'm done now for this splatfest, my blood pressure can't handle it

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
I'll probably head back to salmon run once I hit Fantasy Queen

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Astroniomix posted:

To be fair you made that about as easy for him as you could have without just standing inside the killzone.

Yeah well, every impulse I have tells me

- Stand well outside his range
- Punish panic use of special

Instead, he gets a trade because the splashdown gets armor because of reasons.

Dr. Fetus posted:

I doubt Splashdown is getting nerfed anytime soon. Not when people are demanding for the Sting Ray to be nerfed already, and that special is the bigger problem at the moment. Though I have to wonder if they're going to nerf the Splattershot at all next patch, since that's one of the most popular weapons in the game, and its kit synergizes really well with the Splashdown.

Sting Ray needs to be looked at as well, and I'm pretty sure nintendo is capable of doing two things at once... Well, probably.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Afro posted:

nigga i aint color blind they are very clearly yellow and blue with a mix of them
https://twitter.com/switch_afro/status/931928712131493888

Ink colours never mix or blend. A patch of ink is either one team's colour or the other's, there's no medium ink that's both. What you're seeing are lighting effects. When lime green ink gets hit with a yellow light (which most light sources in the night maps are), it's going to bring out the yellow component of that colour. The minimap also uses lighting to distinguish different elevations-- notice how there's lighter and darker shades of blue in that screenshot as well, and it's not because of blending.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 18, 2017

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Having constant connection issues today. Too bad.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Reached Queen with a 18-13 record but probably 4 of those wins were against fellow fantasy players...dang. My last game was a 3v4 that we won somehow though so that's cool

Trinexx
Aug 31, 2007

Ask me about time-shares at scenic Turtle Rock!
Had a match on Moray earlier where my team was basically locked down. I managed to finally break out with a sneaky triple kill.

https://twitter.com/icenexx/status/931892254922252291

I get into their base and start doing damage and hoping my team realizes they can push out. Well... they almost did it :(

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

raditts posted:

I wish those guys were on my fantasy team, my power level is currently below 2000. :smith:

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I've been learning that the Brella shade actually blocks quite a wide variety of things.

https://twitter.com/gtcaphi/status/932021647640428544

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/itsSupercar/status/932041980732833792

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Anyone know how the power levels are calculated? Is it just wins or does it factor k/d and turf inked and stuff

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

g0lbez posted:

Anyone know how the power levels are calculated? Is it just wins or does it factor k/d and turf inked and stuff

Wins and the power levels on yours and the enemy team's.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Dr. Fetus posted:

Wins and the power levels on yours and the enemy team's.

Cool. Not that it matters at this point since I've only had one match out of like five that didn't d/c me so my rating tanked to the 1800s

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In team battle bracket I've had one match out of 5 against sci fi and we lost so unless we win singles I think Fantasy is toast...

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

In this splatfest it'd be nice if there was a team battle where everyone was named Star Wars. :kiddo:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

In this splatfest it'd be nice if there was a team battle where everyone was named Star Wars. :kiddo:

Have you not seen the AMAZING Turf Wars: The Last Splatfest artpost?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

In team battle bracket I've had one match out of 5 against sci fi and we lost so unless we win singles I think Fantasy is toast...

H A T T A M
Apr 21, 2016

edit: meh, a lot of words that would have a simple answer.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That was a fun one. Made it to sci-fi champion.

I took some really awesome clips of me doing two separate enemy team wipes but my SD poo poo the bed before I could upload.:(

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Nov 19, 2017

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

And now to await the results. Don't make me regret not siding with Pearl this time. :argh:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Please post screencaps of the Splatfest results flavor dialogue, I haven't played in a while and wasn't able to get to this one so this is the only thing I care about

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Fetus posted:

And now to await the results. Don't make me regret not siding with Pearl this time. :argh:

I think it’s going to be a very close one. I know some people were saying they kept getting fantasy mirror matches but I got a few of those on team sci-fi as well.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think it’s going to be a very close one. I know some people were saying they kept getting fantasy mirror matches but I got a few of those on team sci-fi as well.

I had like ~5 fantasy mirror matches. Can't remember if I won or lost them, but I won 27 of 41 matches today and I know at least two of those losses were to my own team. That Shifty Station was fun as hell. Good Splatfest overall.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Nintendo could make up the numbers and we'd be none the wiser. Team Pearl wins it all with three 69%'s

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What time to the results usually come in?

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What time to the results usually come in?

An hour from now.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

less than three posted:

An hour from now.

I can only hope that team DARGONS prevails.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fantasy won, 2-1 Popularity and Solo. That was a drat close one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pack it in, Pearlailures.