Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Super No Vacancy posted:

do ultrasumo and regular share a GTS?

Yes, i've been trading pokemon to myself since I can't use the bank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ok cool thanks

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
If you guys can tolerate the tedium of hatching eggs, I can trade over things to breed that will reliably get you trades by depositing on the GTS.

This is a terrible time for wonder trading. Lots of brand new game saves equals a lot of trash flooding it as they try to get something interesting instead of the usual trash bugs and birds.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Japanese players are speaking out about the lack of new content. Amazon reviews are mostly 1 star, which apparently is a big deal. The Japanese fans I follow on twitter seem to be mentioning it as well.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also for anyone curious about the fossil situation;

Ultra Sun has Omanyte, Anorith, Cranidos, Titoruga and Tyrunt

Ultra Moon has Kabuto, Lileep, Shieldon, Archen and Amaura

They're available 1 each for purchase in the in the stone shop on Island 2 like in base Sun and Moon, 7000 a pop.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Hustlin Floh posted:

My man, have you heard of hedgehogs?

I do not understand what you are asking me. Togedemaru, like Shaymin, is a mouse-orb.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

They clearly don't share a wonder trade. Besides a level 100 shiny Zekrom that's clearly trying to advertise a Youtube channel, i'm getting jackshit in trades.

i got someone's breedject phionne on launch night :shrug: it's more likely there's a metric ton of people just doing the usual sending-garbage-into-the-void so you're more likely to get garbage right now

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what items should i trade over to myself. just z stones do u think

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Anything you can sell for a lot, in order to expedite the important process of buying every clothing item.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Super No Vacancy posted:

If you are interested in breeding Pokémon, you can't go wrong with a Destiny Knot. If that's not a concern for you, then Lucky Eggs are a great idea.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The totem Araquanid is extremely rude

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

I don't think you can trade Z-stones.

You definitely can't via the GTS, trying to trade a mega stone GTS style throws an error.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

aww I was finally gonna use that munchlax

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Super No Vacancy posted:

aww I was finally gonna use that munchlax

You can get it's, Mew's, and Marshadow's Z-stones at the resort on Island 2.

Also Snorlax's special Z move blows since it requires Giga Impact

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Did I just pull up on the wild drug deal in the hotel?? that Bellossom was, uh, aggressive

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Better question,

Why are there Bellossom hanging out in the overworld loving everywhere but you can't actually catch one???

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Someone is trying to hide the dark secret that Bellossom is Alolan Vileplume

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Do the totem sticker tread-ins all show up in a timely manner? I'd love to use totem Araquanid after the insane pummeling it gave me

Assuming that isn't one of the sun exclusives

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I didn't fully check the egg moves of the beast ball mimikyu I bred for my shiny mimikyu to use in Ultra Sun, and I ended up with a Mimikyu that knew no damage-dealing moves. Like, Curse is damage-dealing, technically, but it's more of a status move, and he also had Nightmare which is useless without a sleep-inducing move.

I ground him up to get shadow sneak but goddamn.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

PetraCore posted:

I didn't fully check the egg moves of the beast ball mimikyu I bred for my shiny mimikyu to use in Ultra Sun, and I ended up with a Mimikyu that knew no damage-dealing moves. Like, Curse is damage-dealing, technically, but it's more of a status move, and he also had Nightmare which is useless without a sleep-inducing move.

Why didnt you just trade it back and teach it shadow claw or something?

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

serefin99 posted:

So I saw somewhere that you can give your character a tan now, and was wondering where exactly I go to do that? Just got the game today and have not been playing for a whole lot.

You're supposed to do that when you pick your passport photo at the beginning of the game. Eye colour and hair colour can be changed later.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Zore posted:

Why didnt you just trade it back and teach it shadow claw or something?
...oh, yeah, that would have worked. :)

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Do the totem sticker tread-ins all show up in a timely manner? I'd love to use totem Araquanid after the insane pummeling it gave me

Assuming that isn't one of the sun exclusives

Moon exclusive and you can get it mid way through the second island (slightly before Konikoni if you get all the others).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Fritzler posted:

Moon exclusive and you can get it mid way through the second island (slightly before Konikoni if you get all the others).

Oh do you have to get the totems in order? I should go pick up my raticate then

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
So, good news to anyone who wants to use Marowak ingame.

The totem one you get for collecting 40 stickers in Ultra Sum comes at level 25 which means you actually get Shadow Bone before the E4.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Figures. The delayed Ultra Sun from Amazon shipped an hour ago, just after I decided I would be fine with a download copy.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Zore posted:

The totem one you get for collecting 40 stickers in Ultra Sum comes at level 25 which means you actually get Shadow Bone before the E4.

Also on totem pokemon, they have hidden abilities. For Marowak, this means you can flare blitz till the cows come home! Lurantis I can confirm has leaf guard, not contrary, so it can't use its new toy superpower while a totem, which sucks.

Can anyone confirm that araquanid and salazzle also suffer from their hidden abilities?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

PetraCore posted:

Haha yeah, I ended up with that with the Mimikyu egg I brought across from Moon to Sun. I also brought in a Wimpod, which was at least slightly more useful than your average Wimpod in that it knew Aqua Jet, but was still tricky to use. I had to carry them both for a while.

Of course, now they both carry me :3:.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Oh do you have to get the totems in order? I should go pick up my raticate then
Yeah, you get them for 20, 40, 50, 70, 80, 100 stickers. There are 50 on the first two islands, but one cannot be gotten without the Machamp strength.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

This game is worth it for Mantine Surfing alone, which is a way better way to collect BP than, you know, actually battling

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is the event Rockruff breedable?

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, you are able to try fruitlessly for a blue doggo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Eox posted:

Yes, you are able to try fruitlessly for a blue doggo

I was more wondering for nature purposes. During my first playthrough, for non-legendaries, I can't be assed to care about them.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

iospace posted:

I was more wondering for nature purposes. During my first playthrough, for non-legendaries, I can't be assed to care about them.

yes you can apparently breed own tempo onto it's children.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Kurieg posted:

yes you can apparently breed own tempo onto it's children.

Yup. Own tempo passes, Happy Hour does not.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Zore posted:

Sweet, looks like I won't be messing with trading my planned Alolawak back to regular Moon for relearning after all. :hellyeah:

Still not sure who thought that was a good movepool decision.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

does anyone know what it takes to make Roto Loto activate? I've gotten his eyes to flash all of twice in my playthrough.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Tap his eyes when they're half-closed to talk to him and answer a question. For me his eyes have then almost always started flashing afterward.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Oh, you have to interact with him to do that. Okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
So I'm either crazy, or they've massively inflated the FC gains in the plaza. I landed the "best luck in the plaza" fortune this morning, and I've gained 270 FC from a good answer at least twice already. I've also got a 3 star navy blue dye house and a 5 star blue dye house, in case anyone wants to get in on those.