Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Flag Smasher is wonderful and I am happy to have brought him here.

they turned him and his group into a bunch of chumps, after the fact, but he's still loving awesome forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

omg that is such a comic book move, to think about your whole life and motivations while you get dressed

also pretty cool he has one of those lovely digital picture frames that cycle snapshots and were all the rage 5 years ago

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's all right, you're my dumbass. :glomp:

:swoon:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Powaqoatse posted:

omg that is such a comic book move, to think about your whole life and motivations while you get dressed

also pretty cool he has one of those lovely digital picture frames that cycle snapshots and were all the rage 5 years ago

I'm normally like "gently caress, okay, gently caress, gently caress, you can do this, you have... eighteen minutes, you're a good person" but then again I don't have the sort of inheritance that allows me a gorgeous black-and-white power suit and a, uh, worldwide organization

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

trapped mouse posted:

I mean, I already knew Branson's politics, but it's still silly to see literally every chaotic good panel to be an edgy communist. Don't landerig this poo poo dude

I don't know about any of that, just thought it was funny.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Pastry of the Year posted:

they turned him and his group into a bunch of chumps, after the fact, but he's still loving awesome forever
That would, of course, be ULTIMATUM. The Underground, Liberated, Totally Integrated Mobile Army To Unite Mankind.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

NorgLyle posted:

That would, of course, be ULTIMATUM. The Underground, Liberated, Totally Integrated Mobile Army To Unite Mankind.

Hey, Symbionese Liberation Army was taken. :shrug:

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Hey, Symbionese Liberation Army was taken. :shrug:
I would join ULTIMATUM right now if I could. There are only a tiny sliver of Captain America villains who would aggressively seek out Richard Spencer to punch him in the face.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

ew comics look like poo poo since i stopped reading them

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/bransonreese/status/932111272715456512

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Pastry of the Year posted:

Flag Smasher is wonderful and I am happy to have brought him here.

I loving love Flag Smasher's mace.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Make my day.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Worst Loss.jpg edition ever.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
hahahaha. Goblins failed it's kickstarter miserably, so now they're asking again, on a different site, for less money.

Rysithusiku has a new favorite as of 11:47 on Nov 19, 2017

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Raa?

Nung! Nung! Nung!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
If Goblins ever gets animated it will look just like Baman Piderman. The difference being that Baman Piderman is poorly drawn, but consistently drawn, and well animated, because it's going for a grade-school child kind of innocence but drawn by a competent artist, with a world that starts as a literal blank canvas with 2 houses on it, that builds through increasingly long videos until the characters have build a cast and relationships with each other, and the world retains all it's changes (in one episode, Piderman has thoughtbubbles illustrating his piecing together that Baman is an imposter - those bubbles stay in that corner of the room for the entire rest of the series, with Piderman feeding the tiny-thought-bubble Bamans birdseed :3:) becoming more and more complete, like an animated version of the Grow flash games.

Goblins will just be a mess.

Here's the playlist for Baman Piderman, to illustrate my point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7-TQdN40Dk&list=PLD0750A49525188E9

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Has the Goblins artist ever once tried to draw anything other than a head-on perspective.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Honestly I think it's going to be more of a spidatman situation.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

:discourse:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
To be fair to those really old artworks, wasn't perspective literally invented by a Renaissance artist? Fillipo Brunelleschi was the first artist to make use of linear perspective to make a scene actually look like it looked in real life. A few years later a dude called Masaccio used the same techniques but advanced on them founding the modern Realist idea, pictures having real depth was relatively recent. Here's the link: http://www.op-art.co.uk/history/perspective/

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Hot Fries are actually pretty grand. When I was in Kindergarten, sometimes my mom would give me a quarter so I could get a little bag of them with my lunch and some days that was the only happy thing that happened.

That’s how I know they’re great. I liked them when I was five.

When I was like 8-10 I would have to go to work with my mom sometimes in the summer and she would buy me a pack of them from the vending machine because they were so spicy it would keep me occupied for like an hour trying to eat them.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Found it! What do I win?

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
Has anyone pointed out that flags are generally made of cloth, and thus not really open to being smashed? Burned, torn, trampled, sure, but not smashed in the usual sense of the word.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You win a goblin!!!!!!!!

Btw did anyone say "globlins" yet?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

gleebster posted:

Has anyone pointed out that flags are generally made of cloth, and thus not really open to being smashed? Burned, torn, trampled, sure, but not smashed in the usual sense of the word.

You pretty much have to soak them in water and then insta-freeze with liquid nitrogen them to make them smashable. It's a tricky process but it looks pretty cool if you can be bothered going to all that effort.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

My completely unsupported guess is that someone working on the comic was enamored of the word “iconoclast” but not actually qualified to translate it and ended up doing a lovely job.

He’s still the villain of my heart, super lovely Deadpool(?) art/storyline notwithstanding. When did comics transition from empowerment fantasies for preteen boys to really ugly empowerment fantasies for preteen boys? Is it all just done digitally now?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Loucks posted:

Is it all just done digitally now?

There's a few holdouts who still work with ink & paper but the huge majority are done digitally now. Working on a tablet is so much faster plus you can instantly email it to the colorist across the other side of the country as you finish each page.

I guess you could even narrowcast it live if you wanted feedback from the editor as you drew it.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

Makes sense. The look reminds me of the lovely mass-produced shows my kid likes to watch when we give him screen time.

Guess I'm old. Also I have an opinion about comic books apparently. Shameful.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
It's not just comics that look worse. I recently ended up watching several hours of Cartoon Network while really high. All the "old" shows are still there, but they all look immeasurably worse than they used to. Several of them even reference the fact that they used to look way better. Like, in the universe of the show. It's a weird fourth wall break that i can only assume is some illustrator's cry for help. Also all coherence, plot, or character has been removed. It's basically just shotgunning colors at faces.
Really entertaining if you're incredibly high and come up with complicated theories as to what drug each character is currently ODing on tho.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I literally finished reading Mark Gruenwald's run on Captain America last night and here's Flag Smasher, the conceptually best and sadly poorly used villain from his run finding love. Given how boringly apolitical most of Captain America's foes are, it was refreshing to have an anarchist show up. Even the literal Nazis don't go around actually talking up Nazi ideology, to the point that the guy who was supposed to be Hitler's right hand man actually says at one point that Nazism is stupid and now he's just into general nihilism.

Unfortunately finishing Gruenwald put me into Waid's tiny run which is followed by *sigh* Liefeld.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Oglaf is a damned genius

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Rysithusiku posted:

hahahaha. Goblins failed it's kickstarter miserably, so now they're asking again, on a different site, for less money.

Anyone using "for realsies" should be committed.

I'd post all of Sandman if I could; instead have this

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I like that if you've never read Calvin and Hobbes before and you opened your Sunday paper and saw this for the first time, you would be stuck wondering why the goddamn hell this woman has a talking dinosaur in her kitchen.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The dinosaur clips have always been my favorite. The artist draws one hell of a rex.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Scathach posted:

Anyone using "for realsies" should be committed.

I'd post all of Sandman if I could; instead have this

No feathers, what a loving hack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
You take that back.