Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

maskenfreiheit posted:

they did elect corbyn

labours internal struggles are not terribly representative of the population at large imo but i’ll take what good i can get

bump_fn posted:

didn't t read

lol don’t worry it’ll be in the headlines verbatim soon enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Peel posted:

we'd be fine in the eu because we aren't on the euro, which is what destroyed (was used to destroy) greece &c

if it went tits up we'd just be in the same state we are now

You wouldn't be able to put through the sort of reforms needed to get the poor back into a decent standard of living if every time you did some reform a pro-tier German outsourcing scumbag sent another team of exploited Polish workers across the channel to work for polish wages while he pocketed the difference on English wages. The other thing to consider is when the negative interest shitshow finally explodes the entire eurozone is going to poo poo, thats a bad time to be a country in the poo poo because you are sharing what little chance there is to recover. Getting out ahead of the pack and having your capitalist hegemony die in the rear end so you can recover before everyone else goes tits up is a good move.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Byolante posted:

because you are sharing what little chance there is to recover.

ah the ancient school of fuckke you, gotte mine

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i’m sure the british electorate will do the right thing here, and pick the stalinist mao worshipper who is backed by the unelected obtrusive european bureaucrats who are seeking to destroy british values with cultural refugee quotas

what's a cultural refugee and how are they different from regular refugees

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

reminder:

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

corbyn is going to get rear end-hosed because he is an uncompromising marxist and it turns out you have to be flexible on a lot of issues to be liked by dozens of millions enough to be voted into power

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

bump_fn posted:

tori posts are extremely good tho

who the gently caress is tori

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Yinlock posted:

ah the ancient school of fuckke you, gotte mine

Sorry, you got me. Chain me to the mast of neo-liberalism and let my family sink beneath the waves so some German industrialist can get rich.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Corbyn, swept into power on his core message of Marxism-Jezzism

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Patron god of computer janitors

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Byolante posted:

Sorry, you got me. Chain me to the mast of neo-liberalism and let my family sink beneath the waves so some German industrialist can get rich.

lol germany will continue to kick the poo poo outa england brexit or not. leaving the EU just resigns yourself to having no power to fight back

the EU isn't good but why throw away what power you have to negotiate

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Venom Snake posted:

lol germany will continue to kick the poo poo outa england brexit or not. leaving the EU just resigns yourself to having no power to fight back

idk If I would call a economy flooding the market with QE and still having such poor growth it has to issue negative yield bonds as kicking the poo poo out of anyone. Germany is completely and utterly hosed.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Byolante posted:

idk If I would call a economy flooding the market with QE and still having such poor growth it has to issue negative yield bonds as kicking the poo poo out of anyone. Germany is completely and utterly hosed.

this applies to every country

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Byolante posted:

just so everyone knoows this poster is australian and lives there lol

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jose posted:

that explains a lot actually

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Australians are just the worst peoples

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Byolante posted:

your family's busy working the coal mines for china lol

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Jose posted:

And aside from you nobody arguing with me even has a tenuous link to the Uk. I pay taxes there and can vote, how much more British do i need to be to have a view on the EU?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol putin has accused the guy who has pushed for the magnitsky act to become a thing of murdering 3 people

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/19/bill-browder-putin-accuses-three-murders-campaigner-sergei-magnitsky

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

lol putin has accused the guy who has pushed for the magnitsky act to become a thing of murdering 3 people

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/19/bill-browder-putin-accuses-three-murders-campaigner-sergei-magnitsky

The fact that Putin so viscerally despises the Magnitsky Act is an excellent reason to go Maximum Magnitsky Act.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

shame

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Jazerus posted:

:laffo: this might as well be an ultimatum to the british public: "vote jezza or your nation explodes"

i mean this is pretty much true regardless of what the EU says

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/932188840684597248

working hard at the jobs factory

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

pittsburgh and baseball are almost as great as dead rurals.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Jazerus posted:

what's a cultural refugee and how are they different from regular refugees

i don’t know that entire post is me channelling daily mail headline spirit

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

if youre talking about the dude obsessed with Pittsburgh then holy gently caress hes a terrible poster and im glad hes dead

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

if youre talking about the dude obsessed with Pittsburgh then holy gently caress hes a terrible poster and im glad hes dead

lol

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Quarantining ourselves to the islands is a very good idea but sadly too late, if we want to stop the spread we're going to have to glass Canada, new zealand, australia, america, all the colonies

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

nopantsjack posted:

Quarantining ourselves to the islands is a very good idea but sadly too late, if we want to stop the spread we're going to have to glass Canada, new zealand, australia, america, all the colonies

Sacrifices must be made

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

nopantsjack posted:

I'm OK with this.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

As the carbonised skeletons all over the imperial domain crumble to ash in the wind and the big walls go up around the UK the world breathes their first sweet breaths of freedom from out beneath the Anglo Saxons yoke.
The last thing anyone hears from the UK is Bojo winking and saying "terribly sorry, picanninnies but it was all just a bit of a laugh, eh wot?" Before he is cut in half by a mechanical isolation wall.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

The fact that Putin so viscerally despises the Magnitsky Act is an excellent reason to go Maximum Magnitsky Act.

:agreed:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

haha a russian oligarch is now planning yr death

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jokes on him our government look the other way when Putin assassinates people

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Byolante posted:

leaving the EU is the economic equivalent of laying down in a dumpster and smashing your kuerig to own the libs

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

plus the EU is actually massively beneficial to the uk in particular, they got a shitload of concessions for joining in the first place and still bitched non-stop about being in it

this is why the EU isn't actually that bummed to see them leave

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Venom Snake posted:

leaving the EU is the economic equivalent of laying down in a dumpster and smashing your kuerig to own the libs

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Squizzle posted:

haha a russian oligarch is now planning yr death

As long as I can finally die.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Don't read too much into it but

https://twitter.com/PaulBrandITV/status/932176933797933056?s=17

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Fwiw internal polling was the only accurate polling in 2015. Not sure how it went in 2017 but judging from the reactions to the result I'm guessing it was off in the same way the public polls were