Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7e2y7w/release_timeline/

E:

https://i.imgur.com/06QqNlj.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

I think people who tweet stuff like that still suffer from the "girls don't play video games" 'tude from the middle to late 90s

I actually think it’s partly that and partly the mentality that “suck my dick” is seen as a condescending comment. Obviously “suck my oval office” never really hit it off despite how hard Branson and his wife tried to make it a common household phrase.

Branson is probably having a meltdown somewhere that he tries to coin it but it failed.

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

CrazyLoon posted:

CIG truly deserves Derek Smart to be their nemesis.

Well, Derek being CIG's nemesis gave them the perfect opportunity to paint themselves as a victim of some grand conspiracy, because of Derek's deserved reputation of being an obnoxious asshat, his shoddy planetside 2 clone and gewns.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

SomethingJones posted:

CIG are to an extent making Derek's involvement and blogs about Star Citizen redundant, as they consistently continue to demonstrate ineptness, incompetence and greed all on their own.

This has always been the point from day zero that I know a lot of people and myself have been making.

Derek’s involvement has not been detrimental to the least for Star Citizen. If anything, CIG has tried harder to do things just to prove Derek wrong. At least they used to >1 year ago when it still felt like they actually cared about the games progress outside of being a money printing machine with jpegs.

The funny part is that if everybody teamed up as players against a company practicing shady techniques and little to no progress, CIG may have prioritized making a game instead of making a jpeg factory.

So without Derek, Star Citizen today would be even worse than it is now. I feel like this is the honest reality of the situation. Derek has been better for Star Citizen trying to become an actual product than all of the defenders and sycophants combined.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Toblakai posted:

Well, Derek being CIG's nemesis gave them the perfect opportunity to paint themselves as a victim of some grand conspiracy, because of Derek's deserved reputation of being an obnoxious asshat, his shoddy planetside 2 clone and gewns.

Say what you will about Derek, but he's one of the few people that has a job (had? I don't know if he retired or not) doing what he loves.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is hilarious because I’ve been saying in my blog about how CIG stopped caring about a year ago and here it is. You can almost pinpoint the exact spot where they have up trying to make a game. :3:

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

I actually think it’s partly that and partly the mentality that “suck my dick” is seen as a condescending comment. Obviously “suck my oval office” never really hit it off despite how hard Branson and his wife tried to make it a common household phrase.

Branson is probably having a meltdown somewhere that he tries to coin it but it failed.

It's going to be really confusing over the next few years for the old school, deep-in-the-closet Internet bros, since 90% of their insults are based around implications of gayness, but the general public's attitude toward homosexuality is now "who gives a poo poo?" I guess that why they're shifting to "cuck", since it still has some shock value left, and allows them to continue obsessing over somebody's penis.

P.S.: I think "suck my twat" would work better, at least in the U.S. I don't know why, but in America, "oval office" is the dirtiest word imaginable, and it really drags all the focus away from the rest of the sentence.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

Incitatus posted:

Say what you will about Derek, but he's one of the few people that has a job (had? I don't know if he retired or not) doing what he loves.

I think that nobody here will say that he does not love what he does.

What I was trying to say is that CIG can point at him, yelling that he is a big bad troll, who is after them, trying to promote his game at the cost of destroying them, utilizing his 'gewn minions'. To distract the crowd from the problems they have, so to speak. 'It is not our fault, we are getting harassed and targeted, blah blah ...'

Seriously, how one can think that Derek is some kinda of a supreme commander here is beyond me. I think he is getting as much poo poo as croberts in this thread and when the paywall is down, everybody can read the posts here.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9pSiUTwzF8&t=255s

Click/grab the video image to rotate the camera for the full experience.

This is gloriously stupid, as you stare up into Chris's black covered gut

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

The Titanic posted:

This is hilarious because I’ve been saying in my blog about how CIG stopped caring about a year ago and here it is. You can almost pinpoint the exact spot where they have up trying to make a game. :3:

Still writing it? I could deal with a good evening read

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Goredema posted:

P.S.: I think "suck my twat" would work better, at least in the U.S. I don't know why, but in America, "oval office" is the dirtiest word imaginable, and it really drags all the focus away from the rest of the sentence.

Suck my twat just doesn't feel like it carries the same kind of dominant objectification. But I've nothing better to bring to the table.

oval office is almost certainly at the top of the heap. Recently I've noticed sex specific terms like slit and split tail bubbling up from what I had previously assumed was a permanent residency in the shittiest communities. They do tend to have a fair bit of shock value when exposed to the light.

Anyways if you're reading this thread and you mod for Rimworld hurry up and update your stuff for B18.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Dusty Lens posted:

oval office is almost certainly at the top of the heap.

This is really only the case in the US. Any of the Commonwealth countries don't care about it at all.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/SC_Logicorp/status/932043525583265792
https://twitter.com/DisturbedJim83/status/932329263180677121

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
I just logged into my Star Citizen account (yes, I still have one) and had the horrifying realization that I still have something like $250 sitting on it, and for various reasons, the likelihood of getting them to refund it is basically 0.00%. How did I gently caress this up? Why is there this much credit in there? I think during my mad profit-taking spree a year or two ago, I must've looked at my ledger, saw that I was a few thousand in the black, thought about the time and effort required to extract that last $250, and thought "gently caress it, I'm good."
:ughh:

The worst part is that I was trying to be optimistic about this gently caress up. "Hey, maybe I can use this to purchase some dumb Star Citizen merchandise to own ironically!" No such luck; even the merch for Star Citizen is hot garbage now. Why can't I buy a ten piece set of Star Citizen pint glasses for hosting Concierge cocktail parties, or one of those $100 die-cast ship models that fall apart in transit? Why can't I show off my lovely Star Citizen merch like some hipster collecting Boo Berry memorabilia?
Instead I'm limited to T-shirts most companies would give away at PAX, or a generic, overpriced "sci-fi cityscape" mousepad that will consume my whole desk like :lesnick: consumes donuts and sadness.

I know, it's my own fault for not cashing out EVERYTHING when I had a chance. But I can't help but feel like this is in keeping with the magic of Star Citizen: I actually made a decent amount of money off this train wreck of a game, but it's still found a way to rip me off.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/932338233366650880

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Goredema posted:

It's going to be really confusing over the next few years for the old school, deep-in-the-closet Internet bros, since 90% of their insults are based around implications of gayness, but the general public's attitude toward homosexuality is now "who gives a poo poo?" I guess that why they're shifting to "cuck", since it still has some shock value left, and allows them to continue obsessing over somebody's penis.

Yes, oval office seems to transcend some pretty big areas for some reason. It’s like the worst of the worst. Somebody will need to create some new insults that hurt all people because in general gay and lesbian is getting less of a derogatory thing (at least it was). Twat isn’t used much, at least not by me. I call dog vajayjays twats though so there’s that.

Somebody better get on new horrible insults ASAP.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Hash tag Holocaust, of course.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Goredema posted:

I just logged into my Star Citizen account (yes, I still have one) and had the horrifying realization that I still have something like $250 sitting on it, and for various reasons, the likelihood of getting them to refund it is basically 0.00%. How did I gently caress this up? Why is there this much credit in there? I think during my mad profit-taking spree a year or two ago, I must've looked at my ledger, saw that I was a few thousand in the black, thought about the time and effort required to extract that last $250, and thought "gently caress it, I'm good."
:ughh:

The worst part is that I was trying to be optimistic about this gently caress up. "Hey, maybe I can use this to purchase some dumb Star Citizen merchandise to own ironically!" No such luck; even the merch for Star Citizen is hot garbage now. Why can't I buy a ten piece set of Star Citizen pint glasses for hosting Concierge cocktail parties, or one of those $100 die-cast ship models that fall apart in transit? Why can't I show off my lovely Star Citizen merch like some hipster collecting Boo Berry memorabilia?
Instead I'm limited to T-shirts most companies would give away at PAX, or a generic, overpriced "sci-fi cityscape" mousepad that will consume my whole desk like :lesnick: consumes donuts and sadness.

I know, it's my own fault for not cashing out EVERYTHING when I had a chance. But I can't help but feel like this is in keeping with the magic of Star Citizen: I actually made a decent amount of money off this train wreck of a game, but it's still found a way to rip me off.

Well, at least you made this former star shitizen happy that he had refunded his amount 2 years back, when there was a magical moment of them still being fairly quickly processed (they even refunded me the ship I'd sold on the grey market lol!) So, your misery does at least make me glad for myself.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/nLWqp33.gifv

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

The Rabbi T. White posted:

This is really only the case in the US. Any of the Commonwealth countries don't care about it at all.

oval office is a very strong word in the UK. Twat is a lesser form, but still potent.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

The Rabbi T. White posted:

Yeah I meant in parts of the world where pauses in telegrams use the word "stop" instead of oval office.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Mr.Tophat posted:

oval office is a very strong word in the UK. Twat is a lesser form, but still potent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7UHKfqXYTU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Combat Theory posted:

Still writing it? I could deal with a good evening read

I can’t release it until it’s at least 42,000,000 pages long, otherwise it will barely be a drop in the ocean of Star Citizen blogs.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Yes, oval office seems to transcend some pretty big areas for some reason. It’s like the worst of the worst. Somebody will need to create some new insults that hurt all people because in general gay and lesbian is getting less of a derogatory thing (at least it was). Twat isn’t used much, at least not by me. I call dog vajayjays twats though so there’s that.

Somebody better get on new horrible insults ASAP.

I find in general, that "You loving wankstain!" seems to do the trick and it's completely gender/orientation neutral. :)

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Medium - 27 left
4XL - 4 left

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

This is the most majestic thing

lol

"It's just another machine somewhere else!"

Dusty Lens posted:

Yeah I meant in parts of the world where pauses in telegrams use the word "stop" instead of oval office.

Achewood is a celebration of the english language :allears:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Mr.Tophat posted:

Yorkshire puddings loving own. They are saucers for gravy and meat. They are divine.

If you really want to go mad, have a yorkshire pudding with golden syrup on them for the ultimate I don't give a gently caress food.

I'm quite the fan of toad-in-the-hole, all the ownage of yorkshire pudding, and also just some loving sausage chilling in there.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Dusty Lens posted:

I was once part of a conversation with an ex-Prime Minister of New Zealand lamenting the fact that he was no longer able to use the term "good oval office" in the US due to the horrific stares he received.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sabreseven posted:

I find in general, that "You loving wankstain!" seems to do the trick and it's completely gender/orientation neutral. :)

Oh there you go. :)

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

cynic posted:

I'm quite the fan of toad-in-the-hole, all the ownage of yorkshire pudding, and also just some loving sausage chilling in there.

Put some bacon on top and it's the dish worthy of the gods tbh :)

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Incitatus posted:

Medium - 27 left
4XL - 4 left

:lesnick: Just remember though, that shirt really punches above its weight. :lesnick:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

cynic posted:

Toad in the hole is good, so long as the sausage is plentiful and the batter has the right level of crisp.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Incitatus posted:

Medium - 27 left
4XL - 4 left

These numbers, while humorous, probably don’t mean anything. Usually you buy more items that are normal sizes and significantly less for the outliers.

So it’s very possible to buy 200 S, 500 M, 1000 L, 750 XL, 150 XXL, 50 3XL, and maybe 20 4XL.

Your outliers will move slowly, but hopefully at the end you won’t be stuck with too much inventory that you take a big hit.

I know people want to imply “lol Citizens fat!” but it’s just probably not the case at all. Judging by toilet sitting Citizen, I’d wager he was a L or XL at biggest.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Titanic posted:

These numbers, while humorous, probably don’t mean anything. Usually you buy more items that are normal sizes and significantly less for the outliers.

So it’s very possible to buy 200 S, 500 M, 1000 L, 750 XL, 150 XXL, 50 3XL, and maybe 20 4XL.

Your outliers will move slowly, but hopefully at the end you won’t be stuck with too much inventory that you take a big hit.

I know people want to imply “lol Citizens fat!” but it’s just probably not the case at all. Judging by toilet sitting Citizen, I’d wager he was a L or XL at biggest.

Then why do they have 40 XS shirts left.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

:colbert:

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

lol Citizens fat!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Incitatus posted:

Then why do they have 40 XS shirts left.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

:colbert:

Nobody ever said they were good at inventory management. :)

Incitatus posted:

lol Citizens fat!

Probably, but so are a lot of goons too. :3: