Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I pay attention to none of my active buffs ever, and that goes double for the coe switch.
I honestly only remember I have it on when I look in my inventory or stand idle in town

I mean yeah I'll give you that CoE is fun when you aren't at the extreme end of pushing GRs and it's just "Oh hey every 15 seconds I buttmunch everything (consistently because of how much I like to eat the butts)" but at that high end it becomes mandatory and the only way to push higher and there needs to be a better and funnier way so we don't end up with every leaderboard being a CoE geared dude who kites in between procs.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I mean yeah I'll give you that CoE is fun when you aren't at the extreme end of pushing GRs and it's just "Oh hey every 15 seconds I buttmunch everything (consistently because of all the butt eating I employ)" but at that high end it becomes mandatory and the only way to push higher and there needs to be a better and funnier way so we don't end up with every leaderboard being a CoE geared dude who kites in between procs.

Gotta dream small like I do.
Getting to 80 is all I vaguely care about, it's really all about them primals

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 19, 2017

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Gotta dream small like I do.
Getting to 80 is all I vaguely care about, it's really all about them primals

You only need to clear GR70 to get primals!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Xaris posted:

I have everything else for the most part (and a few ancients) with decent rolls. Now one of the things I'm struggling with is survivability, especially trying GR70 solo right now, I just instantly pop. I pretty much this build sans a second Unity which I understand is a big part of survivability, but still, drat.

It took me awhile to get the full set piece on my monk and yea, the helm I was super lucky when I got it. The tanky aspect of SWK monk is to not forget to pop your spirit generators to get that 50% damage reduction from the bracers and to only use dashing or your mantra if things get dicey. I was farming 85s with some friends of mine and we rarely died. The skeleton king boss believe it or not is the most scariest boss for SWK monk as they can just instantly teleport to you and knock your head clean off. All of the other bosses are very predictable.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I'm using this build right now to farm TX-TXIII and it's the most fun poo poo ever.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hatebit-11885/hero/95512291

Charge from pack to pack, slam my hammer cause I'm MAD AT THE GROUND, then move on to the next one. I'll replace Thunderfury with Pig Sticker eventually, but this build is invincible and fast, even with my lovely gear and unleveled gems.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I mean yeah I'll give you that CoE is fun when you aren't at the extreme end of pushing GRs and it's just "Oh hey every 15 seconds I buttmunch everything (consistently because eating butts is how I keep my energy levels up)" but at that high end it becomes mandatory and the only way to push higher and there needs to be a better and funnier way so we don't end up with every leaderboard being a CoE geared dude who kites in between procs.

It’s poorly designed and isn’t fun to play. Same reason something like bombard crusader being the top build is bad for the game, it’s fine for it to exist but when it’s 5-10 GR better than everything else it’s miserable.

Thankfully they’ve shown with stuff like Sunwuko they’re willing to change bad mechanics and make them better.

It’s also extremely bad because different classes have different numbers of elements. Monks have 5 and Necro have 3. This means for monks, assuming a cubed CoE, it’s ~40 percent damage buff, and for Necro, 66 percent.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Nov 19, 2017

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

I'm using this build right now to farm TX-TXIII and it's the most fun poo poo ever.

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hatebit-11885/hero/95512291

Charge from pack to pack, slam my hammer cause I'm MAD AT THE GROUND, then move on to the next one. I'll replace Thunderfury with Pig Sticker eventually, but this build is invincible and fast, even with my lovely gear and unleveled gems.

Your profile is showing a WW build right now. Are you talking about something like this?

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/hota-barbarian-raekor-variation-variation

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Unity doesn't bother me. It's a minor annoyance that it takes two rings and one (easily cubed) follower token to make it useful at all, but that's no big deal. CoE is a much more annoying thing, I hate that it continues to exist at that power level. I'm at the point where if I can find a decent one and my CoE isn't in the cube, I sometimes just swap in a Stone of Jordan instead for my own decreased annoyance.

I realize I don't have to time CoE, I fully understand one can just have it as a sometimes-passive and I usually do. It just bugs me anyways.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
God, what I wouldn't give for a T12 rift with some pylons and some loving monster density so I could knock it out in under 6 minutes so I can move on to the next set of season objectives. I know my build is capable of it with a favourable rift, because I did a GR59 in 5:52 about an hour ago.

Edit. What's the cursed chest to do the Curses! Conquest? It looks like that and On a Good Day are the easiest of the ones I've got left. (I've already done The Thrill, surprisingly easy to be honest, but not exactly fast)

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 19, 2017

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

biscuits and crazy posted:

Edit. What's the cursed chest to do the Curses! Conquest?
The Cursed Peat in A5.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

biscuits and crazy posted:

God, what I wouldn't give for a T12 rift with some pylons and some loving monster density so I could knock it out in under 6 minutes so I can move on to the next set of season objectives. I know my build is capable of it with a favourable rift, because I did a GR59 in 5:52 about an hour ago.

You can do this in a group. Join random T13 pubs and you'll get it pretty easily.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

MMAgCh posted:

The Cursed Peat in A5.

Yeah took me about 15min making games to fish for it but I got the conquest first time with Cursed Peat as Nats DH.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Thrill seems pretty dang easy once you're a few hundred paragons into the season and can string a LoN-less LoN build together.

Getting 6 Sets to Gr55 is a huge pain though. Getting set gear on an alt is teeeeeeeedious

I don't know why I care about Conquests since I've never once gotten beyond Chapter 5, aka the Set Foot In A Set Dungeon chapter

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Getting 6 Sets to Gr55 is a huge pain though. Getting set gear on an alt is teeeeeeeedious

Did all 4 on the wizard, got Inarius done and just pulled the last piece I need for Rathma. Gettin' that poo poo done tonight!

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

bio347 posted:

On the other hand, I can attest that the Condemn build is hilarious and shits all over everything.

Thanks. After a mostly tolerable sword-grind, I can now attest that you are completely right!

Finally got all the bits for a proper Condemn speed farm build too, and holy poo poo, this is really good. Have never used Sage's set + RoRG trick before, but all that extra death's breath is...well, it's giving me a lot more chances to still not find a loving restraint ring...

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Uh what?

Play game as normal
Hit Blood Shard Cap
Gamble set armors

It’s literally the easiest process in the game?

To me, Bounties are tedious, rifting and GRifting is like... the entire game, ergo, the least tedious part.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

Uh what?

Play game as normal
Hit Blood Shard Cap
Gamble set armors

It’s literally the easiest process in the game?

To me, Bounties are tedious, rifting and GRifting is like... the entire game, ergo, the least tedious part.

The process (run Rifts and Grifts) is easy, agreed - It's the RNG I'm bitching about (in the Diablo thread, no less!!). I farmed up about 6,000 blood shards and 800 death breaths earlier today and gambled/upgraded/set-item-converted every single material and ended up with 5x, 5x, 5x, and 4x pieces of each Necromancer set.

Oh well, I can probably cube a RoRG and limp through a gr55 with at least two of them.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Every Necro set can faceroll TX with 6 pc set bonus and 1 support item, so depending on what you are missing, RoRg probably works even better.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The Thrill seems pretty dang easy once you're a few hundred paragons into the season and can string a LoN-less LoN build together.
The other thing that makes it easier is that so many builds have designated weapons now. I got The Thrill on a crusader by putting random legendaries in every armor slot and then using Condemn weapons.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
What did they change that made condemn not suck against single target's like rift bosses?

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
The reworked set and items make it do insane damage. I didn't have any problems with any RG until I started doing low 90s.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
110 2HE sword upgrades, not a single Blade of Prophecy. Why can't this game understand I just want to vacuum up everything while ponying around.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Playing tons of IK Hota and still not tired of it . Getting real lazy too just face tanking multiple molten explosions .

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
On PC, do you have any measure of control over the giant spider from Arachyr? I spent like an hour doing the set dungeon on console last night, and had to remove every piece of gear and remove all gems so that the elites would live long enough for corpse spiders to cause the spider to actually do anything to the target.

Oh well, at least with that done I don't need to fuss with a set dungeon ever again.

Am I imagining it or have past seasons required you to master MULTIPLE dungeons??

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
One of the conquests can be "Master 8 set dungeons" or something insane.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

nvm

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
whats a good item to be gambling on as a DH? I only have the season set, doing fairly well just wanna make sure im not wasting shards on trying to get belts lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Quivers. Always quivers.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Tokubetsu posted:

whats a good item to be gambling on as a DH? I only have the season set, doing fairly well just wanna make sure im not wasting shards on trying to get belts lol

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/natalya-rain-of-vengeance-demon-hunter-bis-gear-gems-paragon-points

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

exquisite tea posted:

Quivers. Always quivers.

You’ll still never roll that Ancient Holy Point Shot though.

poo poo you might not roll the drat thing at all! :shepface:

Coelacanthian
Dec 23, 2008

Tahirovic posted:

110 2HE sword upgrades, not a single Blade of Prophecy. Why can't this game understand I just want to vacuum up everything while ponying around.

Same - not quite 110 rolls but still.

I'm actually having a similar problem getting ANY Akkhan set pieces to drop. I finally got the pants to drop after constantly rolling Seeker of the Light pieces through Kadala. As if I need more of the free set...

Plus side is while farming my Blessed Hammer build is pretty effective and for some reason I don't hate the gameplay like my last hammerdin.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

euphronius posted:

Playing tons of IK Hota and still not tired of it . Getting real lazy too just face tanking multiple molten explosions .

For how good the damage output is, survivability on HOTA barb is ridiculous

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Slap four pieces of Raekor on and go hog wild charge barbin. Speed run variant of that takes very very little to crush t13 and is very very easy to speed blitz the game.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Captain Oblivious posted:

You’ll still never roll that Ancient Holy Point Shot though.

poo poo you might not roll the drat thing at all! :shepface:

10,000 blood shards and still no Holy Point Shot :shepicide:

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
I’ve had insane luck with quivers, 3 ancient DMLs and 2 ancient Holy Points, but I can’t get an ancient Karleis or Yangs to save my life.

Still capping out at like GR85 in either build, just not doing enough damage to keep myself from dying to basically anything that reaches me.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
You are upgrading rare daggers for KP? Every season I do DH I drown in KPs, including ancients, but can't get a good HPS no matter what sacrifice I make to an uncaring god.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Alter Ego posted:

10,000 blood shards and still no Holy Point Shot :shepicide:

about a 2.5% chance of that happening, or 10x the chances of getting a Primal!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

On PC, do you have any measure of control over the giant spider from Arachyr?
No, and yeah set dungeons usually feel tuned for just the set and rares.

I was surprised at how easy Arachyr's was though, got it on my second try when I was aiming just to clear it and come back later.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, wonder how I was loving it up so badly, haha.

I'd target the Elite with corpse spiders, wait 3x seconds, then cast Piranha Wave for the kill and it'd fail about 50% of the time

Guess I'm retarded!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Or maybe I was just lucky.

I actually forgot corpse spiders was supposed to influence the spider so I just walked right up to the elites and let it walk into them before casting. :v: