Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I'm still waiting for January.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That Works posted:

Finally I can be free of this Avatar

7-9 no more. We broke the Jeff Fisher line!

I swear, I'm so getting a 2009 vibe from this team. The Miami game from 2009 was like this one, we came back and won that one. The Vikings were one of our primary obstacles back then too. We have a decent defense (who bentttt today but stood strong at that last Washington drive in regular time) and a nice running game. And of course, when Drew needs to step it up, he can. I believe, man. I believe.

Who Dat!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

I'm still waiting for January.

February, bruh. Fingers crossed I celebrate spring festival in china with a Saints win.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Silly Burrito posted:

And of course, when Drew needs to step it up, he can.

I swear Payton went to Brees on the sideline at some point and said "I know, we've been doing things different for a while, but you gotta win this one 2014-2016 shootout style" and then Brees said "Ok."

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

ulmont posted:

I swear Payton went to Brees on the sideline at some point and said "I know, we've been doing things different for a while, but you gotta win this one 2014-2016 shootout style" and then Brees said "Ok."

"Again? Oh, all right then. Y'all better pay me next year."

Kamara and Ingram still basically won this game in the end though. Kamara had that awesome catch & run for the tying TD and 2 point conversion, and Ingram nailed them with those giant runs in OT . Let's not forget Wil Lutz. Man, thank you so much John Harbaugh for that guy. :hfive:

Leviathan
Oct 8, 2001

I hear the jury's
still out.. on science.
Fun Shoe
of course i leave the loving superdome with 5 minutes left in the game. of loving course

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Leviathan posted:

of course i leave the loving superdome with 5 minutes left in the game. of loving course

Drown your tears at missing the end of that game with some delicious Felipe's.

I wish I was still in town.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leviathan posted:

:nono:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I went to the movies when it looked like the Saints were gonna have a pretty meh game. How'd it go?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

I went to the movies when it looked like the Saints were gonna have a pretty meh game. How'd it go?

Find yourself some highlights because you will see the point where 1.1% of the time the extremely drunk home crowd that can't make out to the parking lot under their own strength are vindicated

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

PostNouveau posted:

The last five minutes and then OT were magical, my friend. Remember the crazy 2009 Washington game where Meachem ripped away the TD?

This game was almost as crazy as that in the end.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

That Kamara kid is something else, huh

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
But imagine what we could've gotten for that future second round pick! It could've been anyone, even an Alvin Kamara!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Two Tone Shoes posted:

But imagine what we could've gotten for that future second round pick! It could've been anyone, even an Alvin Kamara!

Alvin Kamara is definitely a dude who needs to go by Kamara because Alvin isn't selling the product on the field

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

CMC will still get more ROTY votes for some.....reason...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

CMC will still get more ROTY votes for some.....reason...

Lattimore or Kamara.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Someone like Stanley Jean Baptiste!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

We could get another Trey Edmunds

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Juju could steal rookie of the year

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Barudak posted:

Alvin Kamara is definitely a dude who needs to go by Kamara because Alvin isn't selling the product on the field

I just call him AK, and that's gonna be my new avatar in a few days.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That Works posted:

I just call him AK, and that's gonna be my new avatar in a few days.

AK-41, our newest gun.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Silly Burrito posted:

AK-41, our newest gun.

Pretty much along those lines

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

The Bucs won and I don’t have to feel guilty about it because Jameis was on the sidelines.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Silly Burrito posted:

AK-41, our newest gun.

As a side note to your avatar text, Mark Ingram now has over 5000 career rushing yards.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/932592018412498946

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Silly Burrito posted:

Bring back good and wholesome Mike Glennon.

I don't think it's a stretch to say this wouldn't have happened with Glennon around.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Someone else already made the obvious joke, but it's always amazing to watch a controlled demolition. Something that was constructed carefully and expertly, but in the end, it was unable to stop the inevitable and just collapse completely.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Someone needs to put the SB final score on this.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Fitzpatrick show rolls on.

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/932636811255566336

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

That Works posted:

I would have laughed if as it was imploding, every time the patriots scored, the game score would have came flying from the smoke.

Oh well, so long Dome, you had a good run :(

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

That Works posted:

Has anyone tweeted it to Pete Carroll yet?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WampaLord posted:

Has anyone tweeted it to Pete Carroll yet?

Are you saying the demolition was an inside job? :tinfoil:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Are you saying the demolition was an inside job? :tinfoil:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

:lol:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Chili, Falcons by 20 tonight or 24?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i got to be on top of 2 peachtree street when they imploded the dome and it was real cool to watch

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

I was on top of the world when the Falcons imploded.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

That Works posted:

So mean :(

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

:glomp:

Sometimes the fat pitch is just too much to lay off of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

no for real, he was in the Arctic filming polar bear sea-ice hunting.

• Locked thread