Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

MourningView posted:

If you’re gonna do this why not aim high and get Ken?

Kelly would make sense at UCLA but yeah I can’t see them outbidding Florida if Florida really wants him. It’d also probably be a good spot for Frost but can’t imagine them beating out Nebraska for him. That’s an interesting job, there aren’t really a ton of obvious west coast candidates that I can think of because most of the good coaches in the most obvious feeder conference (the MWC) are all pretty old

There's this coach at a bad program that has increased its win total each year he's been there . . .

:pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Jagged Jim posted:

Anyone who can say this with a straight face should be immediately distrusted.

Honestly we should have made the playoffs last year and we have the same roster + some playmakers. The problem is our play calling is godawful and our defense is getting exposed because our DE's and OLB's are trash.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

That sinking feeling when you fear your search will be less Urban Meyer sweepstakes than Ron Zook consolation hire.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

That sinking feeling when you fear your search will be less Urban Meyer sweepstakes than Ron Zook consolation hire.

hiring Ron Zook as a recruiter would not be the worst idea, to be honest

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

DJExile posted:

Little of column A, lot of column B.

Jim Mora Jr. once got fined by the NFL because he made a phone call in the middle of a Falcons game because he did not know the playoff ramifications if the game was tied after overtime. Now ties are certainly rare in NFL outcomes but the head coach of an NFL football team hadn't even entertained that possibility.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao holy poo poo

quote:

UCLA: Head coach Jim Mora has been let go, the school has announced. Offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch will serve as interim head coach for the remainder of the season. AD Dan Guerrero announced a national search will begin immediately with support from Casey Wasserman and Troy Aikman... UCLA announced they will honor the terms of his buyout (over $12 million), paying for it “exclusively with department generated funds”. Today is Jim’s birthday.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

MourningView posted:

there aren’t really a ton of obvious west coast candidates that I can think of because most of the good coaches in the most obvious feeder conference (the MWC) are all pretty old

There's one candidate who would be so perfect that it just has to happen

Lane Kiffen

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MourningView posted:

If you’re gonna do this why not aim high and get Ken?

I thought Ken was a Navy lifer I guess. Plus, Monken turned around one of the worst programs in FBS.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I’m not sure how credible but seems there may be smoke:

https://twitter.com/buddyshow/status/932386728555446274

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

https://twitter.com/buddyshow/status/932386728555446274

who the hell is buddy Martin lol

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/932327252750229504

lol Mac

also welp...

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/932380060253917184

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

who the hell is buddy Martin lol

Wasn't he a Gatorsports or Gatorbait guy? Sounds familiar but its prob bullshit.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I hope Chippy goes to UCLA cause gently caress tha gator

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I hope Chippy goes to UCLA cause gently caress tha gator

Same.

Rodan
Sep 24, 2002
Florida Gator

LeeMajors posted:

He's moderately credible, but others I trust more are now all but corroborating this. Could all be BS but at this point there is a whole lot of smoke for there to be no fire.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dango Bango posted:

I thought Ken was a Navy lifer I guess. Plus, Monken turned around one of the worst programs in FBS.

Maybe? He hired a new agent recently and his name has started popping up in rumors more, which makes me think he’s open to moving now. I think it’d need to be a pretty good job, but Nebraska could definitely make it worth his while. I don’t think he gets as much interest from big schools as you’d think because not many programs want to commit to running a triple option.

regulargonzalez posted:

There's one candidate who would be so perfect that it just has to happen

Lane Kiffen

Oh poo poo you might actually be right. His name might still be pretty toxic in LA though after USC. Plus does UCLA really want rapist enabling coaches in both major sports?

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Dango Bango posted:

Not many programs are interested in running the triple option. Navy also has a lot of money to throw at their coach, and the unique recruiting and life at a service academy is likely to scare off teams that might want to hire him otherwise--they don't know how he'd do outside that weird little bubble. There's kind of a reason there are only four programs at the FBS level running the triple option (even if it's not a truly football-related one; the triple option works and is by no means outdated)

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Florida, don't gently caress this up. I don't want to drown in my own salt if Chip Kelly comes back to the Pac-12.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

A bunch of players and recruits just tweeted out the same emoji

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/932418153476263937

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Please let Florida get Chip Kelly

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

regulargonzalez posted:

Please let Florida get Chip Kelly

:same:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.

Strickland had better loving close this deal.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Uh oh

https://twitter.com/robbieandreu/status/932444920018808832

https://twitter.com/robbieandreu/status/932445253629554689

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Imagine having a Florida RB punching a Michigan player on national TV in Week 1 this year.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

if UCLA snags Chip from UF we're headed back to pre-spurrier status as a football program

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Hed posted:

Imagine having a Florida RB punching a Michigan player on national TV in Week 1 this year.

Imagine a Florida QB stealing a projector and getting suspended for a season.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

nachos posted:

if UCLA snags Chip from UF we're headed back to pre-spurrier status as a football program

you can join the miami bandwagon. it's cool.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

nachos posted:

This would be cool and good

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

nachos posted:

Chip will be second^2 fiddle (behind USC and UCLA basketball) in LA and that would be a poor choice on his part frankly.

I don’t think UF would be totally hosed in that scenario but Chip is as close as there is to a sure thing and whiffing here would be embarrassing and a huge gamble on Frost et al.

E: Also this coaching hire may make my heart explode bc the idea of Chip w unlimited Florida athletes makes me fully turgid like Ollivander jerkin off to Voldemort w the Elderwand.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 20, 2017

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
A Redditor livestreamed himself and some others stalking the Florida AD at the Ocala airport tonight:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1BdGYMVlyylGX

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

LLCoolJD posted:

A Redditor livestreamed himself and some others stalking the Florida AD at the Ocala airport tonight:

civilized society is dead

superbelch
Dec 9, 2003
Making baby jesus cry since 1984.

LLCoolJD posted:

I have no idea why a coach wouldn't want our fanbase!

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
The president of the university was there too getting harassed by this dude. What a world we live in.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

algebra testes posted:

Imagine a Florida QB stealing a projector and getting suspended for a season.

*Auburn’s ears perk up*

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

superbelch posted:

I have no idea why a coach wouldn't want our fanbase!

Let me introduce you to the Tennessee fanbase. They are the worst when it comes to coaching searches and they were the first (I'm pretty sure) to live stream from airports.

Edit: Rumors (which I don't believe) :

Matt Cambell Interviewed in Chicago (I can't imagine any coach interviewing before season ends)

Oregon State reached out to Butch Jones, and he turned them down:

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/coaching-rumors-oregon-state-reportedly-reached-butch-jones-job-opening/amp

I can actually believe Jones would turn them down (stick it to Tennessee with that buyout), but I find it hard to believe Oregon State reached out.

It seems the tide has changed on Gruden rumors. There are a few holdouts, but most now realize they have been played by several posters. Still there are people making excuses with words like 'smokescreen' and etc, and swear it is happening. These are the people that have no idea what 100% means.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Nov 20, 2017

Rodan
Sep 24, 2002
Florida Gator
UF fanbase now in full meltdown mode over Kelly apparently visiting UCLA today. Either he is doing his due diligence/courtesy visit before signing with UF, or he was actually using UF to force UCLA's hand with Mora because he had his eye on UCLA all along, or something else will happen. Glad we narrowed that down.

the chief v2
Apr 15, 2010

nate fisher posted:

Let me introduce you to the Tennessee fanbase. They are the worst when it comes to coaching searches and they were the first (I'm pretty sure) to live stream from airports.

Edit: Rumors (which I don't believe) :

Matt Cambell Interviewed in Chicago (I can't imagine any coach interviewing before season ends)

Oregon State reached out to Butch Jones, and he turned them down:

https://www.seccountry.com/tennessee/coaching-rumors-oregon-state-reportedly-reached-butch-jones-job-opening/amp

I can actually believe Jones would turn them down (stick it to Tennessee with that buyout), but I find it hard to believe Oregon State reached out.

It seems the tide has changed on Gruden rumors. There are a few holdouts, but most now realize they have been played by several posters. Still there are people making excuses with words like 'smokescreen' and etc, and swear it is happening. These are the people that have no idea what 100% means.

I saw where some people think Jon Gruden was a smokescreen for John Harbaugh. I don’t know what that even means. It’s amazing some of these people can hold down a job. Looking forward to when football is outlawed due to safety.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Rodan posted:

UF fanbase now in full meltdown mode over Kelly apparently visiting UCLA today. Either he is doing his due diligence/courtesy visit before signing with UF, or he was actually using UF to force UCLA's hand with Mora because he had his eye on UCLA all along, or something else will happen. Glad we narrowed that down.

confirmed, I'm melting down

• Locked thread