Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea I still have my mega saved for that exact reason, it's over a month worth of the bio sub for paywall characters to mythic them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Cinara posted:

Mythic'd Thor, Loki, and Hulk now. Used a 5/6* ticket from SL to finish Hulk, but the rest I did the hard way. I had a 300ish Thor and Loki bios saved as I was expected new unis so that helped some.

Jeez what do you usually run for all that XP [besides Specials]?

Esp. since you have to do rifts for the drat kits

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
I had a TON of uni experience things from SL 26-30 saved up.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Cinara posted:

I had a TON of uni experience things from SL 26-30 saved up.

Oh, I forgot those exist and have never used one... good pt

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
How is dormy as a striker? What are people's top 5?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Erdricks posted:

Strange
Jean
Dormammu
Sharon Rogers
Magneto

I roll with this even if I'm using physical damage characters

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Strange
Jean
Dormy
Sharon
SG
Prox

6 because one of them might be on the actual team.

Semi related -- Cable, SW, Dormy and Apoc are all at 55. Who to 60 first? Figuring Dormy but I see a lot of Cables on the high level WBU lists so maybe he's more useful?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its

Phoenix
Strange
Sharon
Magneto
Wolverine

Proxima or Black Widow. Widow's 5 is pretty powerful with a lightning obelisk so she's good if I need a dodger. I don't seem to have as much effectiveness with Proxima. I'll have to check and see if I have her gears and skills all the way worked up. She's ok, but not the killer people seem to bill her as. I mostly use her in Shadowlands in Waves where sometimes she tears through them and sometimes she doesn't. Like I said, I should check.

If I really need dodgers I pile Kate Bishop and Agent Venom on. Sometimes I'll go with Cap and Ancient One for the villain boost. But mostly I just cycle through that 5 and an alternate. Quicksilver doesn't really seem worth adding, Iron Fist and Captain Marvel fell out when I got better talent, and Spider Man can be effective but isn't really as valuable in World Boss as he is in Timeline and Battleworld. About to get Cable to 5* so I'll have to start looking at him and seeing what he can do.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

Prox advice: She really wants a +damage proc obo. Her main strength is her 6*, which was at one point the highest damage ability in the game.

In SL she's decent at waves but really shines in relays or the duo destroyer stage IMO. The key is to use her 3 when the 2 enemies are closeish together -- it'll bounce around and stun them each time it does, which gives you a chance to line up her 2 to hit both of them and shove them in a corner. Then 6, then 2, and then 3 again. If you do it right you can keep them stunlocked the whole time.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I know I have her a Critical Damage obelisk because like the little tip on her page told me to. Looking at her now I only have her gear at 18 and only a couple of her skills built up. So that's probably it. I must have started working her up and then got distracted by something else.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Erdricks posted:

He's good, op. My top 5 are probably Dr. Strange, Dormammu, Jean, Thanos, Odin. Maybe Sharon and Scarlet Witch but I haven't tested to see an exact top 5.

Beethovens Fist Symphony
Oct 21, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Is Sharon a good striker though? I thought her whole thing was that she needed to build up bonus damage from attacks hitting her shield and benefiting from ridiculous scaling from T2 Coulson (and I assume T2 Valk now)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Beethovens Fist Symphony posted:

Is Sharon a good striker though? I thought her whole thing was that she needed to build up bonus damage from attacks hitting her shield and benefiting from ridiculous scaling from T2 Coulson (and I assume T2 Valk now)

Yes she is. She already does a crapton of damage without her shield skill. The shield skill just skyrockets it to absurd levels. Plus she's an on hit leadership striker.

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So I've got a mythic costume ticket, but no idea who to spend it on.

I've already got mythical versions of the newest for Thor and Loki, Cap Marvel, Angela's good costume, Nico, She-Hulk, Kamala, Sharog, Gwenpool, Spider-Gwen, Kid Kaiju, and Crystal. Hela is already on Legendary. I only miss 100 something kits from finishing her.

So, who should I spend it on? I have all the costumes, except for that one Cap Marvel costume you can't get anymore, because I started whaling too late.

Edited for clarity

Datasmurf fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Nov 19, 2017

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
The new Thor uniform at mythical gives you what might be the best card in the game, so I'd recommend that one.

Unless you're saying you have all those at mythical, then I have no idea.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Vulture, hands-down. A kitted out Vulture is a blast to play. Dude's made out of iframes, deals pretty good damage.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

My body is ready.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

i don't like Chavez much

but it means it's possible Blue Marvel is coming

so gently caress yesss

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Where Monica Rambeau at?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yasssss ultimates update

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Where Monica Rambeau at?

i wish

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

I hope this next update brings 0 (zero) new native T2s

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

fart simpson posted:

I hope this next update brings 0 (zero) new native T2s

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

NmareBfly posted:

You have to apply to one so we's can let you in. Alliances can't send out invites directly. Goonlactus has room if you want.

How're people's Thor uniforms doing? I've taken him on every mission since that update dropped and I just got to legendary. Spent today's 300 selector on him because you need 480 bios to mythic it, good grief.

Cool. I have applied for Goonlactus.

Also thank you for this thread. Without it I would have never learned about the Lab section.
An entire part of the game I would never had known about.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Datasmurf posted:

So I've got a mythic costume ticket, but no idea who to spend it on.

I've already got mythical versions of the newest for Thor and Loki, Cap Marvel, Angela's good costume, Nico, She-Hulk, Kamala, Sharog, Gwenpool, Spider-Gwen, Kid Kaiju, and Crystal. Hela is already on Legendary. I only miss 100 something kits from finishing her.

So, who should I spend it on? I have all the costumes, except for that one Cap Marvel costume you can't get anymore, because I started whaling too late.

You might want to double check cinematic battle but won't Hulk give you one of those special new gears?

Not sure if you consider that worth it, I'd just hoard it tbh

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
Already spent in on Vulture. It's not like I really use him, but I T2ed him when he first came out anyway, so why not. I was considering Hulk, but I guess he'll wait for the next one.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

I just finally ranked up Jean to 6* and I'm not really impressed. I was hoping to finally finish the story with her but she can barely even get to the 12-7 boss, and does barely any damage when she does get there. She's still level 55, do those last 5 levels make that much of a difference, or what else am I missing here?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Zokari posted:

I just finally ranked up Jean to 6* and I'm not really impressed. I was hoping to finally finish the story with her but she can barely even get to the 12-7 boss, and does barely any damage when she does get there. She's still level 55, do those last 5 levels make that much of a difference, or what else am I missing here?

They do make a huge difference. Level gap affects the ability for your attacks to land on higher level enemies, and on top of being about 4 times stronger than normal bosses (based on recommended atk) you're just going to miss a lot because you're 55 and they're 62. And they're going to ignore your dodge.

Gotta get those last levels. Don't get discouraged, because 12-7 and 12-8 are no joke.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯
Majorly bogus alert - new Battleworld requires Valkyrie for entry.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cool Kids Club Soda posted:

Majorly bogus alert - new Battleworld requires Valkyrie for entry.

Lol!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Jean got me over the hump of the last few Asgardian stages. I had cleared them awhile ago but Jean made it easy and got me the three stars. But I had to work her level, gears, and skills up. Plus iso and obelisk. She's an absolute beast now and my big goal with her is trying to get 2 million (or however many zeros) pts in ABX. I got real close the last couple of times she could play.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Finally, people have zero excuse to not T2 Modok PBUH.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Jesus, more story missions. How much more difficult can they be?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I kinda sorta wish I could get a partial refund for Sif, IF, BW, GR, spideyman and venom but oh well. Now I can T2 Mockingbird without hating myself as much.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Zokari posted:

So as far as I can tell, the game doesn't treat Native T2 characters as actual T2 until they hit level 60. Why this is important: T1 characters take massive penalties when fighting T2 characters, most easily noticeable in dodge rates. Any T1 character will miss like half their attacks against the enemies in chapters 11 and 12 because of this penalty. It seems the game internally does this by marking a T2 character as being higher than level 60 when doing a lot of these calculations. But a Native T2 can't be both sub-60 and above 60 at the same time, so what seems to happen is your sub-60 Jean is being treated kind of as a T1 character until the moment she gets leveled up to 60, at which time her internal level leapfrogs over 60 into like, 70 or something.

I tested this directly with my own Thanos. When he was level 59 but needed only 1 more bio to be level 60, I ran mission 12-8 a few times and it took about 10 minutes to complete because of all the penalties. I fed him that 1 more bio to hit level 60 and it dropped his completion time down to 4 minutes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I would not have predicted an Alpha Flight update.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson posted:

So as far as I can tell, the game doesn't treat Native T2 characters as actual T2 until they hit level 60. Why this is important: T1 characters take massive penalties when fighting T2 characters, most easily noticeable in dodge rates. Any T1 character will miss like half their attacks against the enemies in chapters 11 and 12 because of this penalty. It seems the game internally does this by marking a T2 character as being higher than level 60 when doing a lot of these calculations. But a Native T2 can't be both sub-60 and above 60 at the same time, so what seems to happen is your sub-60 Jean is being treated kind of as a T1 character until the moment she gets leveled up to 60, at which time her internal level leapfrogs over 60 into like, 70 or something.

I tested this directly with my own Thanos. When he was level 59 but needed only 1 more bio to be level 60, I ran mission 12-8 a few times and it took about 10 minutes to complete because of all the penalties. I fed him that 1 more bio to hit level 60 and it dropped his completion time down to 4 minutes.

Another example of this was when my Jean was level 59 I literally could not clear Ebony Maw WBU at all and as soon as she hit level 60 I cleared him in 24 seconds.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

STAC Goat posted:

I would not have predicted an Alpha Flight update.

I got super-excited when I read your comment because I thought we were getting the Canadian super team.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wizchine posted:

I got super-excited when I read your comment because I thought we were getting the Canadian super team.

:(

I totally misread the update and thought that was what we were getting. I apologize for the false hope of Puck and Sasquatch. I'm as heartbroken as you are to have been bad at reading.