Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

Call Your Grandma posted:

This is one of his trademark hard-to-parse statements, but trophy-hunting conservation is one of those counter intuitive triumphs of capitalism.
http://www.radiolab.org/story/rhino-hunter/

It works sort of like the vice tax on cigarettes/alcohol (this is in Canada, don't know if there is equivalent in States), where you get the people who want to do a bad thing to pay a premium that goes to offset the real-world costs of said thing.
So for cigarettes, the revenue from those taxes goes directly into the healthcare system and theoretically pays for their cancer treatment down the line.
With conservation, rich people pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to kill a (if the system is working) old/infertile member of the species and that cash goes to local conservation efforts.
yeah but... poaching. If I'm the kind of idiot that wants to shoot an elephant, i want to shoot the strongest more virile example of one. not some lame old one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/NRDC/status/932417211414843392?s=17
https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/932422722214416384?s=17
https://twitter.com/WardDPatrick/status/932422311231328256?s=17
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/932418491247972352?s=17

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
It never ceases to amaze me that so many people have blind faith for such a stupid wretch of a human being.

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 20, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

ah so that's the character study for Garrisison's badass virile old rich white man version of Trump

poor Jeb is being rotoscoped over Trump

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Tumble posted:

ah so that's the character study for Garrisison's badass virile old rich white man version of Trump

poor Jeb is being rotoscoped over Trump

That transition from knee-on-belly to mount was slick tho. High level jiu-jitsu there.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Bob NewSCART posted:

(Anemic, poor(“mike” toast”))/

*nods sagely and whispers: "MAGA"*

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nobody panic but Donald Trump is the president somehow and isn't doing a very good job at it, at all!

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

This is loving stupid for two reasons.

One, they were injured/killed (shot maybe? no news yet on how the agents were injured exactly, just backfill in your preferred bias) on the American side of the border in Culberson County, about 30-40 miles from the border.

This is what the terrain looks like around Van Horn on I-10:

- Indio Mtn. Research Station

Imagine building a loving wall on that terrain, in the middle of the desert. Chinga hijo de puta.

Kumo fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Nov 20, 2017

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

of course it's for uranium. That's like super villain level poo poo.

hamtaro
Oct 7, 2008

nooneofconsequence posted:

of course it's for uranium. That's like super villain level poo poo.

the stupid part is that uranium is apparently dirt cheap now, to the point where existing mines are shutting down because it's not profitable. it used to be that republicans destroyed the environment to make massive profits, now apparently they just do it on principle

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Forbes says the GOP tax bill is insanity

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stancollender/2017/11/19/gop-tax-bill-is-the-end-of-all-economic-sanity-in-washington/#466aee1077ef

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

triggered, libs? :smug:

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Just nuke Washington and start over. gently caress all those idiots.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Death To America

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.

Dude looks like he tried to blow his own face off with a shotgun.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
he looks like a mask from texas chainsaw massacre

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Chinatown posted:

Death To America

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Lol the Berlin Wall went down and you thought you won the cold war and stopped figniting it and now the checkmate is about to fall

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
like a house of cards they have fallen to reach checkmate

SEGA Ass Fisting
Feb 15, 2012

KEEP IT TIGHT!

Holy loving poo poo, that comments section.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ajdukakis/status/932431652940386304

lol

funny song about politics
Feb 11, 2002

What in the gently caress??

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Catastrophe posted:

lol a guy who couldn't figure out how Legos work runs the country

This is from pages ago, and someone already asked, but is this just a hip new insult, or did he really gently caress this up somehow? I feel like I shouldn't need clarification, but then... Trump.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Alan Smithee posted:

Imagine how insane 2018 has to be to top 2017

Trump is going to bring the insanity. He's gonna make 2018 insaner because he will

Sean Hannity, Chief of Staff. Press Secretary Alex Jones. Roy Moore, Supreme Court Nominee

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

Jeb, that's not what we meant when we said you need to connect with minority demographics.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

I can't wait for Trump to not only refuse to pardon the Thanksgiving turkey, but to blow its head off with a shotgun on live TV.

:hmbol: just imagining it.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Chinatown posted:

Death To America

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

StupidSexyVaultGuy posted:

Jeb!, that's not what we meant when we said you need to connect with minority demographics.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
The turkey will go nuts and attack Trump like that eagle did in his office and the Secret Service will have to put 17 bullets in it.

Birds know what a shithead he is.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im going with 50/50 either he refuses to go in the same room as the bird or it's in a tiny lovely cage

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol if you think he will get anywhere close to the turkey

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
He'll pardon it, but only if it's a white one.

e: here we go

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/932363136073654275

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

bill gates for president

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FuhrerHat posted:

bill gates for president

there were literally thousands of people who voted for Donald because they liteally (LITERALLY) thought that he was an accurate representation of a successful businessman/entrepreneur.

Bill Gates on the other hand is literally both of those things, and due to that, has 0% chance of being President.

a bunch of retards literally elected the monorail salesman from the simpsons lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Bill Gates spreads aids through his fake schools in africa

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Imagine for a moment that you're arrested in a country that doesn't really have the rule of law. Maybe you did it, maybe you didn't, but you're being threatened with harsh penalties for the minor infraction you're charged with. That country decides to use your imprisonment as a bargaining chip with the leader of your country who is coming for a visit in a few days, so you can't even pay the standard bribe to get out or get your jailers to respond to the usual embassy negotiations. And then a few days later they let you go and you're told that you need to thank Donald Trump.

I'd probably go, "gently caress it, just lock me up and harvest my organs."

That tax bill doesn't have a poison pill in it. It's a cartoon style back bottle with a skull and crossbones on the side that has an equal amount of rat feces mixed in.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 20, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

They paid the bribe which is how they got out and why the dad said who

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Also they're on camera doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion