Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Why would I play Bloodborne when the order 1886 has the most graphics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I've been playing The Evil Within 2 with aim assist turned off and suddenly I sympathise with people who can't aim for poo poo with a controller.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's barely better with it turned on.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Valkyria Chronicles 4 announced.

https://kotaku.com/sega-announces-valkyria-chronicles-4-for-ps4-xbox-and-1820595546

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

A proper vc sequel? Cool

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGL5EzrHm_U

Death Cube K
Mar 20, 2008

You're pretentious, this club sucks, I have beef. Let's fight.
Why would they call it 4 if it's the second one?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Pablo Gigante posted:

DS2 is really the only one where Mace is the best weapon because so many enemies and bosses took more damage from blunt weapons, there’s plenty of viable weapons in 1 and 3

That isn't even actually true though, at least not anymore. The mace is incredibly good, but the actual best weapons in the game are either the rapier or the red iron twinblade. DS2 has remarkably good weapon balance.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

:vince:

:golfclap:

-edit if anyone missed the somewhat deep reference I think it was about a spoiler in Destiny 2 or maybe resident evil? In this thread

some guy got really mad when someone *spoiled* the fact that there was a "level" on a ship. That person as well as some defending him got mad because they didn't know there was a ship level and that the game could have taken place in the same setting as the initial levels and thus spoiled the story

or something like that it was all really dumb and lol

This is the complete opposite of what happened. "Spoilers buddy :argh:" was the only thing they said about the boat, which was all it took to send macarius wrench off the rails

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

surprised they're still willing to put money into that franchise at this point but cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

King of Solomon posted:

That isn't even actually true though, at least not anymore. The mace is incredibly good, but the actual best weapons in the game are either the rapier or the red iron twinblade. DS2 has remarkably good weapon balance.

Fair enough, I haven’t played since I beat the base game after launch besides a few hours of SotFS

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am considering whether $40 for a year of PS Plus is really worth it or if I should just let my subscription lapse.

With any luck the month it lapses is the month that Knack appears

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

just get two you can redeem the code whenever you don't have to apply it to your account. It's only gonna go up in price, $40 was cheap even before the price raise

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Valkyria Chronicles 4 confirmed VC1-style game. Thank God, now I can actually get excited for a VC game!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This is maybe the first entirely good and right thing that’s happened in 2017.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Skyrim question: PS4 pro owner here, 1080p screen.

DF’s original review of performance said it actually has more frame rate hitches than regular PS4s because it was pushing 4K and then downsampling.
DF’s review is from a year ago.

Did this ever get patched or improved? Is this a game worth playing?? I’m tempted to try it out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

just get two you can redeem the code whenever you don't have to apply it to your account. It's only gonna go up in price, $40 was cheap even before the price raise

Ah, I am easily swayed. Less than $4 a month isn't that bad, I guess. Maybe I'll try Bound

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Limited-time free bundle of a bunch of avatars and dynamic themes and such for Uncharted's 10th anniversary.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
SEGA officially apologizing for Revolutions.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Feenix posted:

Skyrim question: PS4 pro owner here, 1080p screen.

DF’s original review of performance said it actually has more frame rate hitches than regular PS4s because it was pushing 4K and then downsampling.
DF’s review is from a year ago.

Did this ever get patched or improved? Is this a game worth playing?? I’m tempted to try it out.

If you have a PSVR, get that version instead, because gat drat!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Black Stones posted:

SEGA officially apologizing for Revolutions.
Literally, or indirectly by way of making 4 like 1?

Also 2 and 3 need an apology too but for different reasons.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

Valkyria Chronicles 4 confirmed VC1-style game. Thank God, now I can actually get excited for a VC game!

Now, the big question is if they'll actually fix the problems the first game had -- like how if you actually fought half the battles in the game you'd end up with sub-par ratings and your best strategy was just to charge the scouts to objective points to win.

I always felt there was a great potential there for something really groundbreaking with VC's mechanics and somehow the series has never really lived up to that potential.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
Official title: Valkyria 4: Valkyria Revolutions 2

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Literally, or indirectly by way of making 4 like 1?

Also 2 and 3 need an apology too but for different reasons.

What was so wrong with 3, aside from the tiny maps? I didn't play that much of it, but it seemed to be competent, at least.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Unreal_One posted:

What was so wrong with 3, aside from the tiny maps? I didn't play that much of it, but it seemed to be competent, at least.
Tiny maps including a bunch copypasted from 2, a really rough start where you have to grind a bunch of stuff just to not get killed, and I was never a fan of just three characters getting super powers.

The story and most of the characters were ace though.

Edit: needing to grind each individual character is bullshit compared to each soldier type going up together.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Nov 20, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'll be comfortable getting excited about a new VC once it out and everyone is raving about how good it is, and no sooner.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

errr so there’s a PS4 app specifically for second screen now?

:thunk:

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Looked at the new releases trailers, and man the two PS2 to PS4 upgrades are like night and day. Okami HD looks like they just put a PS2 game on the PS4, while Shadows of the Colossus looks incredible.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Okami's visuals are timeless.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Uh, Okami HD is just the remaster ported again, while SotC is a full remake. also $20 vs $40.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Valkyria Chronicles set in frozen tundras and fighting anime commie-nazi-soviets? Sign me up!

I think those screenshots alone have more budget than the entirety of Valkyria Revolutions.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

So I was right about the setting and timeline.

Cast looks even younger in this, and half the girls have pseudo cat ears (head bands I think?), but this still appears to be a proper VC effort. I was pessimistic we were ever going to see another game after Revolution.

Cool to see it coming to other consoles. VC played well on the Vita, it'll be great on the Switch.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

some guy got really mad when someone *spoiled* the fact that there was a "level" on a ship. That person as well as some defending him got mad because they didn't know there was a ship level and that the game could have taken place in the same setting as the initial levels and thus spoiled the story

or something like that it was all really dumb and lol

It was a joke you goon!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have never got "really mad" about anything game related because I'm not a massive retard

except Ubisoft games

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

christ we just need a thread for all things DS/BB so y'all can bicker about which one you personally felt was best. It has been a while I suppose. Just enjoy what you like god drat

as someone that never played BB I agree with the BB meltdown also why is it being compared to HZD? Even comparing it to BOTW is a bit of a stretch :argh: give me a drat glider!!

Idk I think the circle jerk dog pile is much worse than the actual post :gerty:

I didn't compare the two games in any qualitative way. All I said was that BB is the best game on PS4, which is "objectively true" :smuggo:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

-edit whole lotta anime and BB boyz avs going on in this page

Hey, this is no mere anime av, this pink chuchu disease was handcuffed to me because i dared to set foot in a squaresoft thread. i'm not owned. i'm not owned.

VVVVVVVVVVVV you must think harder then

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Nov 20, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

🤔

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wow, I didn't realize VC4 was nearly done. The PS4 version comes out in March in Japan.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I just bought Cities Skylines, I can't put it down.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm kind of annoyed that I bought SotC on PS3 (and never even really played it, was too busy with RL) and now they're releasing an EVEN BETTER version on PS4.

... still gone by the poo poo out of it and stoked as hell to play it again on a huge TV in 1080p, but dammit. :arghfist::fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Team Ico PS3 collection was one of the best things I've ever played. I think I liked ICO even more 👀