Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

McFrugal posted:

What was that about the Elder getting stronger if you let it consume bosses? AKA if you kill bosses in elder-controlled maps? Is it just that you get higher level guardian fragments from higher level elder bosses, or something?

If the elder controls a large amount of the map it can spawn its version of the shaper guardians in some of them. And yeah, the guardians and their rewards scale with zone level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maddot_66
Apr 4, 2007
Take the bomb to C, C Dammit!!

:dukedog:

McFrugal posted:

Wasn't there a shrapnel shot trap build?

That might be it. I think a goon made it. do you have a link?

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Vasudus posted:

I so want to use Spell Cascade with Storm Call. Or Contagion.

Spell Cascade Frost Wall. Be the worst partymember.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Maddot_66 posted:

That might be it. I think a goon made it. do you have a link?

No, but someone just linked to a build of the week chin sol shrapnel shot trap build.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Spell Cascade Glacial Cascade is just one long line of ice right?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Spell Cascade Glacial Cascade is just one long line of ice right?

If it even works. The wording makes me think it only applies to very specific spells.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Qwertycoatl posted:

RIP instant leech

I guess ES and life are the same footing again though
I wonder what this'll do to Acuity prices.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zephro posted:

I wonder what this'll do to Acuity prices.

Every time they've nerfed vaal pact they've nerfed Acuity.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

dis astranagant posted:

Every time they've nerfed vaal pact they've nerfed Acuity.

And Acuity prices tripled anyway.

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
Would be really nice to see ghost reaver get "energy shield leech rate is increased by energy shield recharge rate"

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

George posted:

And Acuity prices tripled anyway.

Acuities used to be 300ex though

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I bought mine for 13ex in Legacy, and after the nerf was announced they shot up. It's bizarre.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Cory in the Blouse posted:

Would be really nice to see ghost reaver get "energy shield leech rate is increased by energy shield recharge rate"

I'd just hope that ghost reaver and new vaal pact work together outright, although I guess now that vaal pact is down near the duelist start your idea would be better.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

George posted:

I bought mine for 13ex in Legacy, and after the nerf was announced they shot up. It's bizarre.

When item nerfs get announced standard players start buying them up in case they're going to go legacy

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I stumbled on a blade vortex + decay + blight build that seems really fun and I'm wondering if its a decent league starter. The top occultist in Turmoil was using it, so I would assume so, but he had a team. The only gear it really needs is dual obliteration wands and an alleopathy.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Lechtansi posted:

I stumbled on a blade vortex + decay + blight build that seems really fun and I'm wondering if its a decent league starter. The top occultist in Turmoil was using it, so I would assume so, but he had a team. The only gear it really needs is dual obliteration wands and an alleopathy.

It doesn't even need that, actually. It needs an Al Dhih, that lovely level 26 claw. That happens to cast Abyssal Cry on hit (that still observes cooldown). And of course the blight gloves. Dual obliterations are another option but largely unnecessary, while Al Dhih + shield gives you mobility and defense. With BV decay (which is a build I'm starting with in either Mayhem or Abyss) you really get nothing from dual obliterations except increased boom rate.

It looks like a really solid build.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Lechtansi posted:

do you have a link for this? tried checking top occultist but its a private profile.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
The guy who was #1 ripped, so hes like, #5 now. Heres a video he did of the build while he was still #1. He had a support, so its not something I would follow 100% but its a good starting point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aK0MCBehz4

I've seen other streamers who use this build start with essence drain and then move over at some point. Would you recommend that? BV is level 12 but decay isn't until level 38 so i would imagine 1-38 would be aids.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

his rip was really funny too. he had been hybrid and then switched to ci and forgot about that as he watched the corrupted blood slowly tick down his es

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Congrats TheRat!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
grats rat

Awesome! posted:

his rip was really funny too. he had been hybrid and then switched to ci and forgot about that as he watched the corrupted blood slowly tick down his es

lmao he even said that he should not be playing like that 5 seconds earlier

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
Congrats Rat!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

you done did it grats

also when did they stop putting your character name on it wasnt that a thing

Dream Attack
Feb 12, 2008

nothing in this world

Congrats Rat!

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grats Rat!

nerox
May 20, 2001

Vaal it. Grats

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

How does alt-art stuff like that work? Is it just locked in standard?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
i like how in any other game, grinding that hard would summon multiple threadshitters to be all judgemental on how much you played

but in poe everybody is just like that's sick brah

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

How does alt-art stuff like that work? Is it just locked in standard?

It's in a remove only tab that's available in any league I want it to be in, but I can obviously only take it out once.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

TheRat posted:

It's in a remove only tab that's available in any league I want it to be in, but I can obviously only take it out once.

*after 1 month of the league

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Look at the Chieftain leaderboard for SSFHC...number 6 :negative:

How the hell does one sustain maps in a ssf setting? I was stuck running tier 6 and 7 for what seemed like a long rear end time

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

zxqv8 posted:

How the hell does one sustain maps in a ssf setting? I was stuck running tier 6 and 7 for what seemed like a long rear end time

I built my map pool running at least single packsize rare maps, many of them very nasty. I would pretty much only reroll triple damage mods. Initially I ran bloodlines turmoil mod exclusively, and for a while I popped zana bloodlines on top as well. Then after I had a few maps saved up I started running breach as well.

E: This is about T10+ shaped maps btw. Before that I just ran whatever maps I had available and rolled them rare with at least one packsize mod.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Forgot to add that I blew all my sextants too when I built the initial pool. Packsize sextants are huge for map drops and xp both.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
I wish there was a cool endgame where I didn't have to stress or think about all that fiddly stuff. Buying sextants and chisels, combining maps and poo poo. Just jump in and play. I restart every league and my runs peter once the character growth slows and doesn't outweigh the tedium of that.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I largely run my atlas in dumb ways, never properly use sextants, and probably chisel at the wrong times too. I regret nothing, and if a character is fun enough get them to the mid 90s.

Come 3.1 I'm going to fill my atlas out completely and not bother with any shaping strategy, assuming that there is one for 3.1.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Vasudus posted:

never properly use sextants, and probably chisel at the wrong times too.

1) I didn't set up any blocking at all for this race, just popped on sextants when I had them available
2) Someone did an analysis a few months ago that basically concluded that chiseling is negative EV. For ssf and very early league I would use them to build the initial red map pool, outside of that I sell them all for chaos.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I haven't bought a single map or anything since starting a couple of months ago and I'm overflowing with maps. I have like 180 stockpiled chisels because I'm probably really bad at the game, but I've never had a period where I didn't have maps at my appropriate level to run. If they aren't superior or one tier below what I'm running then I just leave them on the floor, too.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

scorpion boss looks fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHWCPQpd9bA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

that guy should pick up some new flasks