Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
I was going to post some new Jerm! and Honest John cartoons but they are atrociously bad, hate crimes against the visual senses.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well he never killed anyone himself.

Engaged in a lot of exploitation, abuse, and sexual assault of women, though. Wonder if anyone is going to make that timely connection.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

there wolf posted:

Engaged in a lot of exploitation, abuse, and sexual assault of women, though. Wonder if anyone is going to make that timely connection.
Show me a religion where people don’t rules lawyer their god in order to get into heaven. It only says thou shalt not kill, not all that other stuff.

I’d like to see a Manson in heaven cartoon to that effect but I doubt I will.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Ziv Zulander posted:

A smiling, clean-shaven Charles Manson arrives at the pearly gates, with all four Beatles waiting in open arms to greet him

Korner Kelly: When you're here, you're family

oh my god

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ziv Zulander posted:

A smiling, clean-shaven Charles Manson arrives at the pearly gates, with all four Beatles waiting in open arms to greet him

Throw in an evil :arghfist: Roman Polanski somewhere in there and you're golden.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I wonder if someone would bring up his musical attempts.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
:smugjones:
Great. So Prickly City has always been pure vomit. Good to know.
I can't even sarcastically sum up the point from the first two panels in a way that'd be shittier than they themselves did it legitimately.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ziv Zulander posted:

George Harrison is in hell though

I take Kelly Kontinuity very seriously :colbert:

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Post 9-11 User posted:

I was going to post some new Jerm! and Honest John cartoons but they are atrociously bad, hate crimes against the visual senses.

:justpost:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Best turkey cartoon of the year.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Post 9-11 User posted:

So they would be perfect for this thread! Bring 'em on!

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Ah I see where this cartoonist made their mistake. You see, claiming that disagreeing with Obama AT ALL is racist is a thing that almost no one does, so the artist has created a scenario where it happens. Now, normally someone would claim you're racist for hating everything Obama does for lovely and stupid reasons that can usually be lead back to racism but...

I guess it seems like "you just call everyone who disagrees with you a racist" when there are so many racists in your party.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Never go full Branco.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"Oh, I mourn the loss of civility in this country, woe is us for Trump tweets so rudely, also LOL THAT TRUMP "AL FRANKENSTEIN" BIT IS HILARIOUS, I'M GONNA USE IT"

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

How the gently caress does he think a backlit tablet screen works? He even drew the light emanating FROM the screen.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
All these "Pee pee doo doo" cartoons about Kaepernick seem to sort of gloss over the fact that, agree with him or disagree with him, he was standing up for something he believed in, he faced punishment and ridicule for something he cared about. At the very very least he brought attention to an issue so much that it caused the "deflect" reflex to kick in so they present the issue as "He was protesting America!!!" but, what the gently caress have you been doing for the last eight years? 8 solid years of "Americans are so stupid for voting for OBUMMER" comics, sometimes very specifically calling the American voters "lovestruck stupid teens" or "communist thugs" or any number of dumb poo poo things while, very specifically, making GBS threads on the president, sometimes literally and here you are screaming "How DARE someone not like everything about the United States????". It's almost like there's something Obama and Kaepernick have in common that makes these cartoonists just dislike them, some sort of similar trait that makes them so wholly alien to these cartoonists that an instant repulsion is created. Hmmm...

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Better than St Pete.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Uppity Kaepernicky! :argh:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Hmm, and where does this statue stand ? It's quite impressive

quote:

Once more, parallel worlds

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

All these cartoons about Franken/BillClinton yet they still support Mr. Grab-them-by-the-pussy, the sitting President. They don't care outside of scoring points for their team.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

All these cartoons about Franken/BillClinton yet they still support Mr. Grab-them-by-the-pussy, the sitting President. They don't care outside of scoring points for their team.

The only reason they're saying anything bad about Moore is because of how much negative attention he's gotten. If it wasn't for the outcry, they'd be silent on him and we know that because it took them all a couple of weeks before even so much as mentioning Moore.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Ramos posted:

The only reason they're saying anything bad about Moore is because of how much negative attention he's gotten. If it wasn't for the outcry, they'd be silent on him and we know that because it took them all a couple of weeks before even so much as mentioning Moore.
No, when the Moore stuff came to light they were tripping all over themselves to find bible verses to support his behavior.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
It does feel really absurd that we're in a huge wave of sexual assault allegations while DONALD TRUMP is still President.

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Best turkey cartoon of the year.

He pardoned a turkey months ago though :confused:

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

But Undertale already exists.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Why exactly is she pitching a game to an existing studio, anyway, I don't think that's how it works

Are they a publisher, and if so, why is she talking to a publisher when Steam exists

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Ramirez has had two cartoons now calling out Moore without equating him to Democrats or otherwise trying to deflect. I'm concerned for him. :ohdear:

Sandpuppy posted:

Never go full Branco.
:fuckoff:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

Why exactly is she pitching a game to an existing studio, anyway, I don't think that's how it works

The studio hivemind just decides on a game simultaneously with no pitches?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

loquacius posted:

Are they a publisher, and if so, why is she talking to a publisher when Steam exists

Because :rolleyes: men :rolleyes:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Faustian Bargain posted:

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

loquacius posted:

In that particular arc, she was pitching her game design to a studio hoping that they would hire her as a consultant or something and essentially pay her to develop the game. It ended with a strip where she was depicted as Princess Peach and the developers as koopas. They asked her "If we decide to hire you, what is your desired salary? But remember - this is a unique chance to get exposure". Her answer "I want the same salary as the lads doing the same job" led to frowns across the board and a "Game Over".

Of course, in real life she could probably try to make a prototype in Unity or something. Plus, you have to wonder how a protagonist being intergender would impact gameplay rather than narrative.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

loquacius posted:

Looks like a Game Jam to me.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Bloop posted:

The studio hivemind just decides on a game simultaneously with no pitches?

Usually developers get their projects from a publisher (who says something like "hey, turns out we now have access to the Game Of Thrones IP; please poo poo out a mobile game or something to squeeze us some money out of it"), or executives within the company decide to pitch a game to the owner of an existing IP, or designers who already work there will figure something out as they go along (this is the rarest option for a developer company of any remarkable size, since it's expensive and risky). As thousands of Ideas People on the Internet have been continuously learning for thirty years, you don't get to just show up at a game company saying "here is my brilliant billion-dollar idea, please give me money to watch you make my dreams come true for me."

Most of the time these days, if you have, like, this brilliant idea for a game, and you don't work at a game company already, you just make it yourself. There are plenty of platforms that are accepting of indie devs who actually know what they're doing.

(SOURCE: I personally have been chewed up and spit out by the games industry)

Kopijeger posted:

In that particular arc, she was pitching her game design to a studio hoping that they would hire her as a consultant or something and essentially pay her to develop the game.

hoo boy

one of those

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
"I just want you to take my brilliant idea and do all the work to transform it into a game. Why won't you hire me?!?"

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
To be fair, that was most likely caused by the author of the strip not understanding how game development works. It seemed like she thought it worked more like a movie script you pitch to a producer that might want to buy it, with Kim's presentation only going on about the narrative ("it is a space epic with an intergender protagonist") instead of discussing the mechanics of the game or even what genre it belongs to.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

The "ideas guy" myth remains a stubborn one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I just think it's funny when someone tries to write one story but accidentally writes a story with a completely opposite moral.

Like in this case whoever writes Zelda obviously wanted to make the story about how male gamers/game designers are universally sexist pigs but instead accidentally wrote a story about an idea guy failing miserably and blaming everyone else.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 20, 2017

• Locked thread