Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Started playing Dead Space on a whim. It's a cool game but maaaaan does the FOV suck, it feels like a chore just turning around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

found my copy of 2011's goty, thinking about reinstalling it

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

homeless snail posted:

tag urself i'm rp

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

homeless snail posted:

literally all i remember about sims medieval is an ad where ea hired a guy to dress up and point at a dying king and laugh while saying "HAH, BOY GOT POISON IN HIS DRINK"

i still have no idea what the game is actually about

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

its like a way more accessible version of guild 2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

does the game support backtracking or am i gonna overlevel the poo poo out of everything in the Cradle (or is it the Embrace, i can't work out the nomenclature) as a result

Anxiety? Dont sweat it. The hunting is more interesting out of the tutorial area

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Waluigi is a postmodern man.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

weh. you call this madness??

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The Toys-to-Life fire-sale also extends to Animal Crossing amiibo BTW.

Buy one, get three free right now at Toys R Us.

They don't even need to be different ones, you could just have four Mr. Resetti. One for each corner of the desk.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Ciaphas posted:

does the game support backtracking or am i gonna overlevel the poo poo out of everything in the Cradle (or is it the Embrace, i can't work out the nomenclature) as a result

No such thing as traditional levels in this game, just relative difficulty.

You can get a free sample box from each new merchant you meet, many containing fast travel packs. Or just buy them, it's NBD.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I want Reese, are they selling her alone yet?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'd just killed my first tiger robot fuckin thing, before the proving, it took me 3/4 of its life to realize a) there was nothing stopping me from running, hiding, and setting up another tripwire; and b) status ailments are on a buildup meter kinda thing

I should learn to read manuals

also I assume shooting off parts gets you materials above and beyond any that normally drop a la Monster Hunter, right, so I should always Break All The Things? makes all the stealth murdering of watchers I did seem wasteful :v:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjQTO-VrRuU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

mutata posted:

I want Reese, are they selling her alone yet?

No, you still have get her husband and their nudist musician friend in a three-pack.

However the price on said three-pack has been fluctuating wildly over the past year to the point where a few months ago you could find it for like five dollars or so at Best Buy.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

When you get to Meridian find the vendor with the unlimited fast travel pack

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

codenameFANGIO posted:

lmfao I love the cutscene zone. You tell me that insane story dude. You say those ridiculous words at me. I have an hour or so, it’s cool

who wants EGGGGGGGS???

i actually like the cutscenes in MGS4 tho. in general i like MGS4 a lot more than 5.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

When you get to Meridian find the vendor with the unlimited fast travel pack

Oh, guess that would be why I was advised to beeline for the place :v:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

homeless snail posted:

i literally never heard of this, i think i might have to legally purchase it from Electronic Arts(tm)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

sims medieval is weird as gently caress yo, you should check it out if you're into that kind of thing

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Ciaphas posted:

Oh, guess that would be why I was advised to beeline for the place :v:

You'll need 1 Fox Skin for it so hunt those cute little animals into extinction along the path until you find one. Unlimited fast travel isn't actually that important though, the game is generous with giving them out and the world is actually quite compact.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The Colonel posted:

literally all i remember about sims medieval is an ad where ea hired a guy to dress up and point at a dying king and laugh while saying "HAH, BOY GOT POISON IN HIS DRINK"

i still have no idea what the game is actually about

Its strange. Its got all the character creation elements of a normal Sims game, but its gameplay is structured completely differently. Instead of controlling Sims and leading them to some goal (or demise) of your own creation, Sims Medieval has structured roles and quests. You make Sims to fill various positions such as king, doctor, wizard, bard, etc. You then control those sims and guide them through story quests where they interact with the other members of the town to accomplish their goals. Or you fail them miserably and get sentenced to death by pit tentacle.

It doesn't have the randomness of a regular Sims game but you still get the weird character interactions. Also the writing in the quests is genuinely humorous. I found it to be enjoyable enough that I bought the expansion. I paid for it over Origin, which ate my money but wouldn't actually let me download the expansion pack. I tried to contact EA support and they were literally useless. So Origin basically robbed me which soured me on the whole game, but that wasn't its fault.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AnEe28cuIY

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

enemies cooperating to cast lv2 acid magic. well the other guy was outside of the capture frame

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah its a real underappreciated game, I think mostly because it looked like a Sims 3 expansion and by 2011 everyone already had formed an opinion on The Sims as a concept. Even though its running on the Sims engine and adapts a lot of the Sims mechanics I think Medieval is a different enough game that those opinions don't really carry over though, lots of Sims people didn't like it at the time and everyone else ignored it.

Like most fundamentally differently, unlike most Sims, Sims Medieval is a game you can win or lose. IIRC you set a goal when you start your kingdom and it rates you based on how successfully you accomplished that goal and the game pretty much ends, and you can new game+ essentially taking any one of your characters and found a new kingdom with them with a new goal.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
I have never even heard of Sims Medieval, despite loving the series a lot during 1-3. I think they just fundamentally hosed up the marketing somehow, or intentionally played it cool.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

apparently sims medieval only works on windows 10 if you install it from origin, I guess I'm not playing sims medieval today

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Sims 3 update: Kammy went to set the neighbors' house on fire, because gently caress those guys, and like ten nearby sims took this as an invitation to burst into their house and react to it.

Waluigi ran to the scene, climbed the stairs, looked at the fire and proceeded to black out in a fit of cowardice.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Quatermass and the Pit (1967)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

the story in Yakuza 0 is actually really good, probably one of my favorites in any game. idk how Horizon wins all the Narrative awards when this romantic yare yare brawl tale of a vacant lot and a blind-chan and a man with a robot hand gets no recognition. for shame

The Golden Joysticks are 100% public vote and Horizon has sold 4x the copies of its next closest competitor. Kind of unfair to the other games in that category, Horizon's story is pretty solid but NITW + Hellblade are ultra good and I'm sure I would have liked Nier:A if I didn't have to refund the PC port for being a horrible piece of crap and no I don't want to install a fan mod.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This just happened:

I'm wearing my old Welcome to Rapture t-shirt.

Acquaintance says to me: "Cool shirt."

I mumble, mouth full of dryness and head full of sleepiness, "Thank you kindly."

Acquaintance chortles and thinks I made a joke.

Then it hits me: it kind of was a joke. And I'm so excited that I can't wait to tell you guys about it

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I will buy VC4 for this goddamn dog alone

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
That dog is packed with explosives and he'll dive under tanks and detonate.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

The Golden Joysticks are 100% public vote and Horizon has sold 4x the copies of its next closest competitor. Kind of unfair to the other games in that category, Horizon's story is pretty solid but NITW + Hellblade are ultra good and I'm sure I would have liked Nier:A if I didn't have to refund the PC port for being a horrible piece of crap and no I don't want to install a fan mod.

?????

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

to be fair expecting a videogame ostensibly developed and published by a professional company to work properly without having to resort to fan hacks is not unreasonable

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

to be fair expecting a videogame ostensibly developed and published by a professional company to work properly without having to resort to fan hacks is not unreasonable

Counterpoint: What if that 'professional company' is Square Enix

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This pc really blows...look how much it sucks!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

something something case fan

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If video games are anything like fridges, modifying them voids the warranty :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I know of a cool 3ds case mod you can do with some gorilla glue, scissors, a bunch of spare cases you'll need to cut up, and a sharpie for touch-up.

• Locked thread