Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
McCarthy has to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

More like Connor Barf, am I right?

:smug:

But seriously though, the Lions defense is horrendous.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That was the best outcome possible.

Trubs came up big late, Loggains called a good game, Shaheen showed up big, Howard and Cohen owned.

And the Bears lost preserving that sweet sweet draft position.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Good Will Hrunting posted:

McCarthy has to go.

I'm not quite ready to sell on Fat Mike, but Hundley's performance is demonstrating that McCarthy's reputation for coaching up Rodgers is probably an illusion.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

More like Connor Barf, am I right?

:smug:

But seriously though, the Lions defense is horrendous.

Ziggy might not have been getting sacks, but the Lions are desperately missing him in their run defense.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Losing Rodgers for a while will likely do some good for the immediate future of the team. If only by shining a spotlight on problems that can be overlooked when you start a hall of fame quarterback for 24 years.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that barth miss was the funniest poo poo i've seen in a long time, that mitch run though

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Okay, never mind, after watching this I'm not willing to even put up a bit of doubt on McCarthy.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Good Will Hrunting posted:

McCarthy has to go.

Nah.
Thompson maybe to be replaced by Wolf, Capers yes, but Fat Mike and Rodgers are tied together, I don't think you get rid of him without breaking Rodgers.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
I guess I'm just happy the packers won't win the division this year. As a lions fan, this is as close to the Superbowl as I'll ever see

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

hahaha I just remembered Packers-Steelers is SNF next week and I think it's also too late to flex them out. The Packers are going to get humiliated on national television.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

hahaha I just remembered Packers-Steelers is SNF next week and I think it's also too late to flex them out. The Packers are going to get humiliated on national television.

Can it really be worse than Lions-Steelers on SNF was?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

xsf421 posted:

Can it really be worse than Lions-Steelers on SNF was?

I mean that was actually a close game, the Lions just forgot how to score touchdowns

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Well McCarthy just confirmed he's sticking with Hundley so here we go

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

What are the other options? Joe Callahan?

Players on the waiver wire that are worse then whoever the backups are in HOU?

McCarthy made his mistake by not making some sort of move before the deadline. He made the bed now he has to sleep in it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Big Beef City posted:

Well McCarthy just confirmed he's sticking with Hundley so here we go

If he knew what was good for him, he'd bring in Kyle Orton.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Or the team could just lose a bunch and get better than expected draft picks?

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
Hundley is bad but if you think this is all on him just lmao the game planning is loving atrocious

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Quite a lot of it is on him

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

BGrifter posted:

Or the team could just lose a bunch and get better than expected draft picks?

I'm not sure if even 5-11 gets us into the top 10, looking at the rest of the schedule. Giants, 49ers, Colts, Browns are basically all a lock for the top 10. Bears, Bucs, Cardinals, Redskins, Chargers, Bengals, Jets, Dolphins, Texans, and Broncos are all sitting at 4-6 or 3-7, with the Raiders probably joining that club soon. At least half of these teams will need to win a few more games for the Packers to have a real shot at a top 10 draft pick.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Big Beef City posted:

Quite a lot of it is on him
4 turnovers.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm not sure if even 5-11 gets us into the top 10, looking at the rest of the schedule. Giants, 49ers, Colts, Browns are basically all a lock for the top 10. Bears, Bucs, Cardinals, Redskins, Chargers, Bengals, Jets, Dolphins, Texans, and Broncos are all sitting at 4-6 or 3-7, with the Raiders probably joining that club soon. At least half of these teams will need to win a few more games for the Packers to have a real shot at a top 10 draft pick.

Still a better pick than bringing in a random QB to limp to a 7-9 finish. :shrug:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

This is a beautiful picture.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Fire Dom Capers

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions do not have a defensive line.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Brett/status/932362142191423491

But they have Matthew Stafford and Matt Prater. Maybe they should only draft Matts.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

iospace posted:

Fire Dom Capers

I disagree. Employ him forever.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

iospace posted:

Fire Dom Capers
They better be trying to let him retire with dignity rather than actually wanting him to have the job next year.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Will the Steelers play down to them because they're a bad team right now, or prepare seriously because it's still the Packers who are traditionally a contender?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Shangri-Law School posted:

But they have Matthew Stafford and Matt Prater. Maybe they should only draft Matts.

edit: I made an adjustment:

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Nov 20, 2017

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I bought the plush toy of this dog from the kickstarter and it arrived at my office within a week of a coworker's boyfriend dying in a fire. As soon as I opened the package and realized what it was, I put it away and didn't finish opening it till I got home. I'd planned on leaving it at my desk, cause...funny dog toy for the office, right?

Nope. never brought it in. Didn't want to explain the joke.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Shangri-Law School posted:

the Vikings haven’t given up a sack since the Chicago game. i now expect Detroit to paste Keenum into the turf.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Darth Brooks posted:

This is a beautiful picture.

i've watched that catch like six times since it happened, could watch it another 600. dude has got some speed.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Yesterday marked Detroit's first divisional road sweep in over 50 years :toot:

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I bought the plush toy of this dog from the kickstarter and it arrived at my office within a week of a coworker's boyfriend dying in a fire. As soon as I opened the package and realized what it was, I put it away and didn't finish opening it till I got home. I'd planned on leaving it at my desk, cause...funny dog toy for the office, right?

Nope. never brought it in. Didn't want to explain the joke.

I interviewed at a place a few weeks ago and as I was walking to the interview room I passed by someone who had that comic printed and hung up in her cubicle. I caught her eye and gave her a thumbs up as I pointed to the comic. I did not get the job.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Leon Einstein posted:

They better be trying to let him retire with dignity rather than actually wanting him to have the job next year.

Sit him down in a locked room with a glass of scotch, a bible and a .45 calibre handgun

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Might not be the best time for those kinds of jokes considering Ehud's family in the chat thread...

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/tomvh/status/932355658363605001

:lol:

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Might not be the best time for those kinds of jokes considering Ehud's family in the chat thread...

dpgshit posts on a dogshit forum? checks out to me

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Hot Diggity! posted:

:whitewater:

I don't read the chat thread...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/932609292359884800

:shepface:

• Locked thread