Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I don't even see my unlimited gazbux anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

wizard on a water slide posted:

I don't even see my unlimited gazbux anywhere

classic gaz

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kelp Plankton posted:

this one was always the most worth getting as an actual forums emote and im surprised nobody did it. its useful for like every game

someone made a purple version too, i forget who?

$30 is a lot of cosmic boosts.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Kheldarn posted:

Remember when... I think it was Frank? Pissed off Comixfan by beating him to making a Costume Suggestions Thread? :allears:

I forgot about that, but I know I did it to him too, that was great.

Hours played: 2825
Dollars spent: 89.92

I am a cheap cheap date

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

My thread for Demolition Man costume suggestions was well received
https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/268717/next-heroes-costume-suggestions-demolition-man

quote:

I thought this was @Comixfan 's shtick

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Mellow greetings, what seems to be your boggle?

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Is it possible a Russian or otherwise "don't care bout this internet poo poo" entity will be able to patch this to work as a single player client? I know Disney wouldn't condone it but life finds a way.

Reading this thread just makes me really want to play again and I'm sad it's going away.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
There's a better chance that Gaz somehow gets their license back than someone miraculously backwards engineering their server software( or a Gaz employee leaking it to the public). The game would need private server software to run, far more work than a simple pirate patch.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Scoss posted:

There's a better chance that Gaz somehow gets their license back than someone miraculously backwards engineering their server software( or a Gaz employee leaking it to the public). The game would need private server software to run, far more work than a simple pirate patch.

I can see a group of crazy fans doing it. I won’t be surprised if it happens.

I just see Disney shutting that poo poo down real quick though.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
this game sucks almost as bad as my life

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Phyresis posted:

this game sucks almost as bad as my life

it's not that bad

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

much more likely is that all the oforum stars join the discord and comixfan runs a fantasy marvel heroes game where he decides which 12 characters appear in that year's AP and we all vote on which of his costume suggestions get implemented and its sort of like a MUD crossed with erotic roleplay for asexuals

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I wonder where all the emma posters will go, don't think she's in any other game.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
SHES IN OUR HEARTS

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Let’s get to the real poo poo though. What’s been the most epic meltdown post since Mr Gaz announced it’s dead mcdeaderstein??

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I don't understand why people want a private server. The game is half finished garbage right now, if anything we would want mid 2015 MH back.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Lechtansi posted:

I don't understand why people want a private server. The game is half finished garbage right now, if anything we would want mid 2015 MH back.

swg's private server crowd implemented old-swg in a similar situation because nobody liked swg as it was when it died

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
"MAKE WAY FOR MIKE THE HOLY, BEST WM IN THE GAME" is one of my favorite things. I also loved tiny wolferine and big collosi and hulkbusters.

Reminder that it took me like 2 years to cosmic the only character I ever cosmic'd. It was Ghost Rider. When I started, he was bad. By the time I was done, he had been reworked and people liked him.

Marvel Heroes was weird.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Let’s get to the real poo poo though. What’s been the most epic meltdown post since Mr Gaz announced it’s dead mcdeaderstein??

Cams backpedaling harder than Lance Armstrong

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Jazerus posted:

swg's private server crowd implemented old-swg in a similar situation because nobody liked swg as it was when it died

You have elected to use potentially the worst example of private servers there could be. At least with this being an ARPG instead of an MMO it may not have as rampant of admin abuse.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

You have elected to use potentially the worst example of private servers there could be. At least with this being an ARPG instead of an MMO it may not have as rampant of admin abuse.

i don't have any commentary on how it's run as i haven't paid attention in years, just that implementing the best version of an online game rather than the most recent one has been done before

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Fair enough. Man, private servers are super bad and I'd rather never play this game again than deal with that.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

A big part of the appeal of MH in it's prime was the rapid rate we got new content. Characters, challenges, story chapters, terminals, events, etc. Even new items came every patch for someone to use.

A private server that ran MH in it's prime, however people determine that, would not have any new content ever again and I don't think I could bring myself to care about a game that's just not getting anything new added to it. It'd get like a week or two of play out of me and most people and then just be a weird place for the die-hard people.

The game's also just not big enough to attract the right kind of people to make a private server happen, unfortunately.

It's a shame we won't have any kind of offline or small-scale co-op version of MH to play in the future though. Running through the story mode in a group is something that's fun enough I'd like to be able to do it every once in a while with some friends, especially with a roster of characters this diverse. Oh well.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I spent a bunch and sperg'd out hard cosmicing the only good hero

rip this game

a lot of you guys owned and I hope you have awesome times in new games

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

It's not a meltdown per se, but there was that post by a guy who sold his car to afford more MH stuff and now is sad because it's all gone.

I'm not convinced it wasn't a troll post, though, if only because the alternative is that the guy has some serious loving issues.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

nickhimself posted:

rip this game

You’re alive!

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Holy poo poo it's the one true luke cage. You made me seriously main luke for a while with the ridiculous poo poo you did.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

big cummers ONLY posted:

Is it possible a Russian or otherwise "don't care bout this internet poo poo" entity will be able to patch this to work as a single player client? I know Disney wouldn't condone it but life finds a way.

Reading this thread just makes me really want to play again and I'm sad it's going away.

In true Asros fashion, he'll fatfinger hitting the delete button, and accidently release the source code, never knowing what he did.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

BabyFur Denny posted:

You’re alive!

Don't kid yourself, ICR logged into his account and posted that.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Of course I'm alive, I just had to oust myself from the marvel cancer to regain some semblance of autonomy from the gaz IV drip

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Holy poo poo it's the one true luke cage. You made me seriously main luke for a while with the ridiculous poo poo you did.

That owns and makes the whole trip worth the while. I'm glad to hear someone else enjoyed lukey man.

I remember getting really pissed after farming fisk for a month and getting zero canes, then making a dumb picture about it

Ahhh, the good old days before they made drop rates ridiculous

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

It is not enough the the game shuts down. I will not forgive the coward Gazillion until Ms. Marvel endorses Sodastream.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Final tally I spent about $550+ and 813 hours on this wild ride. RIP Hot dog game.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Marvel Heroes: MASSIVE SYSTEM UPDATE. GAME CLOSED FOREVER. Attn: It's time to logout!

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
the best oforums post is gonna be the one that demanded Ms. Marvel have a VA line where she apologizes to Israel and called her a bunch of slurs that was 1 point moderation

the same dude made a post about how cosmic trial complaints were babyshit and that was like 3

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If I just want to level every single hero to 60 and call it a day, what's the fastest way to do that? I bought a fuckton of experience boosters but that doesn't stack effects, just time.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

My dumb thing in this game was collecting all the teamups. Civil war iron man and captain america defeated me because even I wasn't dumb enough to buy so many crates to get reskins. Justified... it took 5 crates to get iron man and about 90 crates to get cap, buying the 5 box bundle at 50 gazbucks a pop. Craziness.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Mover posted:

It is not enough the the game shuts down. I will not forgive the coward Gazillion until Ms. Marvel endorses Sodastream.

The Assassination of Marvel Heroes By The Coward David Dohrmann

Zwick
Sep 30, 2004
Think.

nickhimself posted:

rip this game

nickhimself was the reason i yellow'd my luke cage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I too did time in the yellow prison in his memory.