Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
It was easy for me since I used Hector/Proto Cu and Nate's OG Cu.

Way better than the slogfest that is the caster mission.

But wow, I'm surprised not everyone used topless Cu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

At the very least I don't think there's a need to rush too much if you're relatively close; Xmas and presumably a lot of bad gacha rolls will probably result in a enough prisms to get people over the hump if they're maybe halfway there?

Then KnK's prisms can go towards Lunchtime.

Don't forget the 1000 prisms you're going to want to spend expanding second archive.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Don't forget the 1000 prisms you're going to want to spend expanding second archive.
That's kind of a bummer, the second archive already feels kind of useless at its current capacity. I just figured any sort of expansion would be a given client update down the line. At any rate, I'm at 4566 so it should still be fine that far out.

How long did it take JP to get that second archive update? IIRC didn't that come along relatively recently?

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
The special paid 5* banner looks like a good idea for me if I decide to spend the money. Literally everyone except for Altera will be a new addition for me. Hoping for Drake or Tamamo though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Also since a lot of events have been moved up, is there not a distinct possibility they would slot KnK in earlier for this exact reason?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

That's kind of a bummer, the second archive already feels kind of useless at its current capacity. I just figured any sort of expansion would be a given client update down the line. At any rate, I'm at 4566 so it should still be fine that far out.

How long did it take JP to get that second archive update? IIRC didn't that come along relatively recently?

Second archive expansion is being added to the NA shop with the Thanksgiving update.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

NRVNQSR posted:

Second archive expansion is being added to the NA shop with the Thanksgiving update.
Right but I thought I saw JP players talking about it being a new thing back in like...August or something. So it being in NA now is us getting it far sooner (by years) than JP players.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Second Archive expansion hardly seems a priority for NA at the current stage.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Right but I thought I saw JP players talking about it being a new thing back in like...August or something. So it being in NA now is us getting it far sooner (by years) than JP players.

Oh, right; that's because it's a client feature. They don't have any programmers attached to the NA version so they can't pick and choose which client features we get when - we just get all of them whenever they update to a later client. That's why we've had the rare prism shop in the menu since launch even though there'll be nothing to buy from it for another half year, among other things.

Though why we're getting a client update now at all is another question. Maybe they see it as something they can sell as an event feature? Or maybe an exec played the game and got annoyed by the incomplete quests counter. That's usually how these things work.

edit: If you're feeling very optimistic a client update could easily be required for Apocrypha, Extra or Heaven's Feel animation updates that they might want to bring to NA early.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Nov 20, 2017

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Jalter Lily is at least better than Liz, especially since she comes at NP5.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
They should slow down with the events imo

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

They should slow down with the events imo

Well there's both Christmas and London release in December so...

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I just want to level some servants up and recharge my mana prism stash :(

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I remember quite a lot of people complaining about the downtime between Nerofest and Moon Goddess :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ugh its Troika posted:

Jalter Lily is at least better than Liz, especially since she comes at NP5.

Jalter lily isn't even better than half of the gold lancers, let alone one of the ones that fills a support niche like Liz. Especially not when AOE NP5 is a niche fulfilled by so many other welfares.

She's better than Fionn I guess, not a big mountain to climb.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 20, 2017

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Having my own level 72 Cu plus a similarly levelled support makes archer 40ap a breeze. I have David tagging along to enable Gae Bolg spam with his three arts cards, and Harp Of Healing just in case one or both Cus don't have evade ready for Nobu's NP. She doesn't live long enough to get a second, even using my first Gae Bolg to kill the dragon. If David bites it, which is possible because a crit from Nobu kills him instantly, Hans is waiting in the wings as backup arts card supplier, but I've only needed him once so far.

Edit: unfortunately I don't have Poster Girl, but if anyone wants to use my Cu anyway here's the number: 080,053,533. He has MLB Halloween Princess so he can reliably oneshot the dragon before it can do anything, assuming your team isn't totally devoid of arts cards

Suaimhneas fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Nov 20, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It kind of feels like Lancer is a dump class in general for quite a while. You have standouts like Cu, Scathach, and Bryn, but beyond that it seems like there is a steady trickle of mediocre (or at least it appears to me) 4/5* until the first Summer Event with the exception maybe being Li Shuwen.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

It kind of feels like Lancer is a dump class in general for quite a while. You have standouts like Cu, Scathach, and Bryn, but beyond that it seems like there is a steady trickle of mediocre (or at least it appears to me) 4/5* until the first Summer Event with the exception maybe being Li Shuwen.

We're getting Lancer Alter just before Saber Wars.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Is she an exception to the AOE rule like Drake?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Cu, Scath, and Lalter were basically the good lancers for 2015, then 2016 came and with it came another set of scattered quality Lancers. You got Tamamo, Bryan, Vlad, Liz's buff that makes her good, Li and a decent 3* Lancer in Taiga. This year you got Raikou who is basically the best lancer in the game rn in JP and Hozoin who is a ridiculously good 3* Lancer to rival Cu in being absolute horseshit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

Is she an exception to the AOE rule like Drake?

She is the original buster crit meme servant, so yes. She is basically the best 4* Lancer until Raikou. I've seen some say she stays relevant longer than Scath and I would kind of agree with that.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Protection from the End of the World is almost completely self-contained as a Buster Crit skill. It gives her Stars, increases Star Gather Rate, and also increases Critical Damage. Any sort of stargen from the previous turn is going to result in her stabbing things really really hard.

Edit: And losing that skill (or, er, getting a new skill with the same name for some reason) really, really hurts the Lion King.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Speaking of the Raikous, how good are they as actual servants? I've seen the berserker Raikou's name pop up in the thread a few times but is she worth the effort of trying to get?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Don't forget her buster buff which is the most potent one in the game which is 55% increase to her buster cards for one turn.

Basically what you do is get a crit star gen servant have them go nuts for a turn. Pop blessings from the world, have 2 of her buster cards if RNG favored you on your hands, pop Mana Burst, pop charisma, NPBB, congratulations everything in front of you is now dead.

Also Merlin is a character in JP so stuff her with him and things are even deader.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
How high would you rate 2030? I'm thinking between going for the scath banner (for 2030) or saving for london (Lancer artoria)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
W-who is lancer alter?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dragonturtle posted:

Speaking of the Raikous, how good are they as actual servants? I've seen the berserker Raikou's name pop up in the thread a few times but is she worth the effort of trying to get?

Berserker Raikou is an AOE buster based berserker, very few of these exist in the gold cards because hey having weakness damage against mixed servants of all kinds is an incredibly powerful thing. Her skills enhance her own buster cards, have her increase her star absorb rate, and let her do a million damage against Mystical servants of which there are a decent amount and she does even more against Earth and Sky ones.

Lancer Raikou is potentially more bullshit, but in a different way. She has a targetable buster buff that goes to 50% at max, has a crit star skill that buffs her damage and absorption, and a charisma that also buffs crit star gen. So she is basically Lalter again but with ST NP. I've seen some people saying she is possibly the best Lancer in JP FGO right now, I would not disagree because she is loving disgusting.

I would say both are worth getting, especially Zerker Raikou because she is a godsend for exp grinding.

Tae posted:

How high would you rate 2030? I'm thinking between going for the scath banner (for 2030) or saving for london (Lancer artoria)

2030 is one of the best CEs in the game and if you have multiple versions of it you will literally never need a star gen servant on a team. It's getting to the point where I see people trying to say Jack the Ripper is a less good servant because of 2030.

Tired Moritz posted:

W-who is lancer alter?

Artoria but with a spear

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 20, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

W-who is lancer alter?

Altria with Rhongomyniad instead of Excalibur.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I wish Liz‘ NP was a bit better, but her skills, VA and hat are all pretty great, so whatever

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

W-who is lancer alter?

Lancer Saber Alter. Not to be confused with Berzerker Lancer Alter.

Lancer Alter is a lancer version of Arthoria Alter. There will also be a Cu Alter in a few months, though, who is a Berzerker.

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

Captain Baal posted:

Berserker Raikou is an AOE buster based berserker, very few of these exist in the gold cards because hey having weakness damage against mixed servants of all kinds is an incredibly powerful thing. Her skills enhance her own buster cards, have her increase her star absorb rate, and let her do a million damage against Mystical servants of which there are a decent amount and she does even more against Earth and Sky ones.

Lancer Raikou is potentially more bullshit, but in a different way. She has a targetable buster buff that goes to 50% at max, has a crit star skill that buffs her damage and absorption, and a charisma that also buffs crit star gen. So she is basically Lalter again but with ST NP. I've seen some people saying she is possibly the best Lancer in JP FGO right now, I would not disagree because she is loving disgusting.

I would say both are worth getting, especially Zerker Raikou because she is a godsend for exp grinding.

2030 is one of the best CEs in the game and if you have multiple versions of it you will literally never need a star gen servant on a team. It's getting to the point where I see people trying to say Jack the Ripper is a less good servant because of 2030.

Artoria but with a spear

Ouch, thanks for the information. I doubt I have a chance in hell of getting either of them but might be a good idea for me to conserve some tickets after Scathach I guess.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
From the looks of it, the non-Alter version of Lancer Artoria might have better stats, but the lack of a Blessings of the World means she's nowhere near as good for crits?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Karna should also be out around New Years.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Nate RFB posted:

From the looks of it, the non-Alter version of Lancer Artoria might have better stats, but the lack of a Blessings of the World means she's nowhere near as good for crits?

She's just a generic AOE NP Lancer. Nothing about her is particularly amazing, but hey she kills archers and Zerkers well enough, I guess. It's a niche that a good number of Lancer servants fill.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The other really bonkers thing about both Raikous is the huge amount of stars their NPs generate. Berserker's auto-buffs her star generation and hits like a million times, Lancer's just straight up creates stars based on overcharge, starting from 20 iirc. So you can pop their NPs and depending on how the cards fall out the next turn either just buster crit for stupid damage or be well on your way to another NP with how good Lancer's art and quick cards are.

taser rates fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 20, 2017

Miltith75
Oct 29, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

She's good for Hand farming. I find that she can generally clear any non-saber hand round. She's better at it than Drake for me but that's probably just different np levels at work. Plus she was my first five star on my JP account.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I feel like "good for hand farming" is the most "damning with faint praise" you can get in FGO.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lancer Alter's NP also can inflict NP Seal, which gives her some nice utility.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
EoR4 stream is next Tuesday, 6:30am EST, and it's probably going to be released simultaneously. Which also means Christmas 2017 is probably going to begin sometime in the week of December 11th.

https://twitter.com/fgoproject/status/932536473454178305

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Wait Saber Wars and Valentine's have about 1,000 prisms each on top of the bunch people will get from Xmas. Yeah you might have trouble getting to 5,000 if you're starting literally at zero right now but that's otherwise a fairly reasonable number.