Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

She's working so hard :3:

Knorth fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I really, really hope there'll be a second season of this sometime eventually. It's really really good, and man, this series gets fuckin' wild later. From what I can tell it's going over super well? I've been seeing a lot of merchandising and fanart and poo poo, so I hope blu-rays sell well.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Phos continues to be the most relatable rock of them all.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

The GIG posted:

You might say she's a rock star.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

The GIG posted:

The most down to earth at least.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The rare and elusive Phosphoslug

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i looked it up and apparently antarcticite is real and you need to precipitate it out of solution and the top google search is of the anim char

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
also, im inclined to believe kongou because he was pretty amenable to an alliance with the sea peoples even if they lacked human form

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Phobophilia posted:

i looked it up and apparently antarcticite is real and you need to precipitate it out of solution and the top google search is of the anim char
Ah, the Fate Grand Order effect.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:same:

That said, I'm surprised they didn't assign her to be a scout.

Though who knows what's going to happen now.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

iospace posted:

That said, I'm surprised they didn't assign her to be a scout.

Though who knows what's going to happen now.

she was basically supposed to be a scout last episode and hosed that up

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/jetjetmkii/status/932662367736946688

poo poo man, I'm trying to save so I can buy presents for my freakin family here

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

a kitten posted:

https://twitter.com/jetjetmkii/status/932662367736946688

poo poo man, I'm trying to save so I can buy presents for my freakin family here

Do they have these in a digital format?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

Do they have these in a digital format?

Amazon sure does, i'm debating which way to get them right now myself.

e: sales are great, but so is considering my limited shelfspace

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

an actual dog posted:

she was basically supposed to be a scout last episode and hosed that up

I wouldn't entirely blame her on that one as much as the twins trying to show off and then getting dumpstered.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

a kitten posted:

Amazon sure does, i'm debating which way to get them right now myself.

e: sales are great, but so is considering my limited shelfspace

That's a nice bundle but I was really leaning toward digital. All 3 on amazon is $27 since one volume is weirdly cheaper than the other two, so you'd be saving a good chunk but it might be worth $7 to not have to store another series.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Why do the gems even go out patrolling when it's not winter? They're much safer if they stay by sensei in the complex. Instead they go running out around the fields where they can be picked off much easier by the lunarians.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Ccs posted:

Why do the gems even go out patrolling when it's not winter? They're much safer if they stay by sensei in the complex. Instead they go running out around the fields where they can be picked off much easier by the lunarians.

Maybe things somehow get worse if they're allowed to warp in uncontested?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Not much else to do after thousands of years of living on the same island with the same people.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

my only guess on the patrols is they're meant to protect the school from attack. also if there are enough gems that some have days off, patrols would protect them if they happen to be out and about. also patrol gives purpose to otherwise unoccupied immortals.

but it's worth noting that gem/sensei logic is incredibly alien if it even exists at all.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I didn't actually know this had an anime and now I'll have to watch it I guess. The manga was weird and fun.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I finally started watching this show so now I can tell all the people who wouldn't shut up about them being girls that they're idiots and they can suck my rear end

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

DisDisDis posted:

I finally started watching this show so now I can tell all the people who wouldn't shut up about them being girls that they're idiots and they can suck my rear end

Yeah I mean the last episode where everyone dresses up in frilly dresses to sleep and the ice gem person wears stiletto heels made everyone saying how feminine they are look pretty stupid, huh?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Can we just loving not?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Joshlemagne posted:

Yeah I mean the last episode where everyone dresses up in frilly dresses to sleep and the ice gem person wears stiletto heels made everyone saying how feminine they are look pretty stupid, huh?

:barf:

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Joshlemagne posted:

DisDisDis posted:

suck my rear end

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009
I am super glad the thread was talking about the cool show again until this argument got raised again out of nowhere, and all of you clowns rushing to get sick burns and emoticons in rather than talking about anything else are also the problem.

Phos is a miracle of the universe and as a non-manga reader I am excited to see what new ways she will find to screw up next week. It's pretty refreshing to see a protagonist fail at everything she tries to do.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

let's take bets on the next body part phos loses

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

dogsicle posted:

They replace her nose and she gets an incredible sense of smell.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

dogsicle posted:

It's got to be an extremity, right? So... head? Is that possible?

Comedy option: Butt

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009

dogsicle posted:

Eyes, maybe? Do they have eyes?

Do we even know how they perceive stuff? Maybe that's something the Includes do.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Lestaki posted:

Eyes, maybe? Do they have eyes?

Do we even know how they perceive stuff? Maybe that's something the Includes do.

nah man phos could see where she was going even when she was slugging it through the snow, they can obviously perceive throughout their body

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

An emergency butt transfer would be hilarious

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
poor Phos ain't gonna have memories of anything left by the end of this

Antarcticite is very good

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I have a guess about Phos' arms but I'm worried I might be right and don't want to spoil anyone.

aaaaaaaaa why isn't it Saturday

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Xun posted:

An emergency butt transfer would be hilarious

the grandfather's butt paradox

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Joshlemagne posted:

That widely known bastion of femininity; I give you president Franklin D. Roosevelt!

... gee, it's almost like how clothing and gender relate to one another isn't a universal constant that's totally immutable or something.

On topic, the cover of one of the manga volumes spoiled something upcoming for me, and that is annoying. Don't go looking at the book deals if you don't want to risk that.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I love the escalating wrongness in the ice floe stuff.

The ice forms weird shapes....
which are called sinners for some reason...
and they get cut up to stop them from screaming....
and the screams are actual words....
telling Phos to remove her arms

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Qwertycoatl posted:

I love the escalating wrongness in the ice floe stuff.

The ice forms weird shapes....
which are called sinners for some reason...
and they get cut up to stop them from screaming....
and the screams are actual words....
telling Phos to remove her arms

the part where the ice is whispering at her to cut off BITE off her arms is genuinely creepy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

What's creepy is that Phos actually does it!

• Locked thread