Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Randarkman posted:

Is Norca in yet?

No :( and they're all I want to play right now. Going to great heathen army the heck out of ulthuan as soon as they get added.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gitro posted:

Yeah you should be a bunch of assholes cruising around the map, choosing juicy sack & raze targets until you get a +replenish moon event and then you go hog wild autoresolving sieges.

Localisation for abilities is weird as gently caress. I have no idea why some UI elements are showing and some aren't despite all the relevant strings matching. I know I need some arbitrary combination of words to make it work, but which ones? Good times.

Stick a 1 in front of the filenames of the tables that aren't working.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

sassassin posted:

Stick a 1 in front of the filenames of the tables that aren't working.

Crashes aren't the issue, I just need things to actually display. So far the solution seems to be re-copy/pasting the ability name into the part of the .loc cell it goes into. Nothing changes but it decides to work. Doesn't happen automatically when I've done all the rest of the legwork too, I have to specifically do that to make things work (sometimes).

For some reason my custom savage dominion's standard savage dominion cygor just skates around t-posing and refuses to animate. A quick duplicate custom cygor doesn't fix it. I have no idea what's happening there. Happens with at least one other unit too

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Gitro posted:

jesus gently caress unless I'm missing something doing mass localisation in PFM is distilled misery.

e: wellp it's identical to the other stuff I did but for an exciting change the rest of them just don't work

Localization changes to the big files like campaign_variables will not go through unless you replace the entire thing, which is pretty likely to gently caress up anyone playing in anything other than English. Good luck.

For individual localization changes you need to make sure the table entry was actually processed, it has a weird delay/bugginess the regular tables do not, probably relating to how localization seems to just be a giant mess in the first place. The solution that worked most often for me is just selecting another line or entry before saving, since it seems to save more effectively if you do that, like it confirms the previous change.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 20, 2017

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
It was a moral failure on my behalf, but Vashnaar had so thoroughly hosed Bretonnia that the Wood Elves ended up taking 2/3rds of it during the chaos. They actually liked me since I stomped down Mousillon to feed a liberated and vassalized Bretonnia, and with the Vampire Count power block eating every Imperial province apart from Reikland and constantly warring against me, I wasn't in the mood for another flank to open up and made friends with them.

Still, their armies were encroaching on Empire lands north of the Reik, which were long conquered by a mix of undead and Norscans. Since I wanted to turn the area into an Imperial vassal, I doubled down on peace and made an alliance with the Wood Elves, and got them into war with another rogue army that had settled in Carcassonne. To my surprise, their armies turned back home, leaving my new vassal open to further expansion with some help from my armies.

Which brings me to this: I really hope some form of diplomatic regional management eventually makes its way to Mortal Empires because between climates now opening up the map for expansion everywhere and the AI not giving a poo poo about keeping coherent borders, actually trying to fulfill your victory conditions or "playing thematically" is a goddamn nightmare. The sandbox has gotten way too messy.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

toasterwarrior posted:

Which brings me to this: I really hope some form of diplomatic regional management eventually makes its way to Mortal Empires because between climates now opening up the map for expansion everywhere and the AI not giving a poo poo about keeping coherent borders, actually trying to fulfill your victory conditions or "playing thematically" is a goddamn nightmare. The sandbox has gotten way too messy.

Yeah I would quite like the ability to give other factions regions and demand they give you a settlement or whatever. Really annoying when a settlement gets razed, your AI ally nips in and takes it and then you can't get it back without going to war.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gitro posted:

Crashes aren't the issue, I just need things to actually display.

That's exactly what putting a 1 in front did for me when I needed to alter a tooltip. Something to do with load order, maybe idk.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah I would quite like the ability to give other factions regions and demand they give you a settlement or whatever. Really annoying when a settlement gets razed, your AI ally nips in and takes it and then you can't get it back without going to war.

The ai is nowhere near smart enough not to get scammed out of all their territory for a few beads.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gitro posted:

For some reason my custom savage dominion's standard savage dominion cygor just skates around t-posing and refuses to animate. A quick duplicate custom cygor doesn't fix it. I have no idea what's happening there. Happens with at least one other unit too

There's an animations to factions allowed table or something like that.

edit: culture to battle animations tables

sassassin fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Nov 20, 2017

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, I think Empire was the last Total War where that was a thing and you'd get Prussia selling the Iroquois eastern Poland or something. Total War would need something similar to cores/regions/claims from the PDS grand strategy games to ground the AI's decision-making when it came down to trading provinces, which would definitely be an improvement, but it would just increase border gore and give the player a huge advantage if it was implemented into the game as it is.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
It's bad enough that I'd be satisfied with the player being the only faction that could do regional trading, if Empire's Iroquois Prussia is any indicator of what'll happen if the AI does it. Let me trade for exclaves and give them to the "correct" owner, I don't care as long as Angrund no longer turns the Southern Realms into an ugly patchwork of colors.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Yeah, Paradox used to have territory trading in their games as well but they removed it because the AI couldn't handle it at all.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It’s worth it even if the ai never agrees if you can console command them to autoaccept and fix insane borders

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Kainser posted:

Yeah, Paradox used to have territory trading in their games as well but they removed it because the AI couldn't handle it at all.

EU4 actually has territory trading, but they tweaked values well enough that you generally won't see it happen at all unless a nation is in really dire straits or the occasional glitch happens. In the meantime, it lets the player nation get rid of provinces they don't want (ie. England selling off continental provinces) or play kingmaker by shuffling provinces between allies, vassals, or even just their neighbors for shits and giggles. I'd be really stoked if they got something like that in, just enough so the player can gently caress around with it because it helps the sandbox feel.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It’s worth it even if the ai never agrees if you can console command them to autoaccept and fix insane borders

EXACTLY

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 20, 2017

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Mazz posted:

For individual localization changes you need to make sure the table entry was actually processed, it has a weird delay/bugginess the regular tables do not, probably relating to how localization seems to just be a giant mess in the first place. The solution that worked most often for me is just selecting another line or entry before saving, since it seems to save more effectively if you do that, like it confirms the previous change.

Yeah, I've already been on the receiving end of that a fair few times. Always annoying, but something I watch out for now at least. This is stuff that's saved, but I guess the game can't properly render it due to other entries not showing correctly :shrug: I don't know why re-pasting works but as long as it does I won't complain.

sassassin posted:

There's an animations to factions allowed table or something like that.

edit: culture to battle animations tables

Jesus gently caress thank you so much, that did it. I think I just need to beat the game around the head with a few more tooltips and I'm done for this stretch of things.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Double Bill posted:

Autoresolve really hates Skaven huh? I'm consistently getting comfortable victories against 20-80, even 10-90 autoresolve odds. Which is fine because I really like battles as Skaven, especially grinding encircled enemy blobs to dust with warp cannons (getting 400+ kills each)

The autoresolve calculation is absolutely hilarious when you siege a city, too. 20-stack of Clanrats, Gutter Runners, Warpfire Throwers, and Warp Lightning Cannons on a Lizardman city with walls and a garrison of 8? 10-90 autoresolve in their favor. Get one set of Siege Towers? Odds go 90-10 in your favor.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

If the only region trading possible would be minor settlements to the owner of the capital it would do everything I want it to do without overly trapping the AI.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Gitro posted:

Jesus gently caress thank you so much, that did it. I think I just need to beat the game around the head with a few more tooltips and I'm done for this stretch of things.

It's an easy table to miss especially as I imagine a lot of cross-culture animations are already in place. Plus I'm sure one of my unit mods worked 100% fine without it one day but then didn't the next.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

thebardyspoon posted:

This would be so great. I want all the mountains as Dwarves but I don't want to fight my pals the Empire or VC to get them.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/whats-next-warhammer-ii

Updated Norsca won't even come with the foundation update :suicide:

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Splitting it up must’ve really hosed up their file organization because it shouldn’t be this hard otherwise.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

jesus, didnt expect it to be the new year to get the foundation update and poo poo in. Things must be pretty hosed between the 2 games if its taking that long and not even getting norsica or the RoR in.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
The Norscan coastal settlement thing colliding with the climate system is probably the troublesome part, I'd guess. Ah well, at least auto-resolve does not care for the Norscans, even with their 19-chariot stacks.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Offers Norsca as pre-order FLC. Norsca gets added to game 2 on game 1's anniversary.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Wow, that really blows. I wasn't planning on playing again until Norsca get fixed, and while that's on me, I kind of wish I'd just waited to buy the game later on sale at this point. After seeing how much better the first game got over time, patience probably would have made the most sense anyway. I'll have to try to remember that for Warhammer 3.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Backseat devving, but I think the way to deal with settlement trading is to make it so that only tier 0, 1 (and maybe 2) settlements can be traded.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

toasterwarrior posted:

The Norscan coastal settlement thing colliding with the climate system is probably the troublesome part, I'd guess. Ah well, at least auto-resolve does not care for the Norscans, even with their 19-chariot stacks.

It shouldn't be troublesome at all. Norscan factions can own any coastal province and major race capitals without any climate penalties. I don't think it has to be harder than that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Huh, from that post it sounds like there won't be any D or FLC at all this year, kinda surprising. The first game added the Beastmen just two months after launch.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Kainser posted:

It shouldn't be troublesome at all. Norscan factions can own any coastal province and major race capitals without any climate penalties. I don't think it has to be harder than that.

To make it a bit more complicated, they could even make coastal settlements green, capitals yellow (but still probably worth it because of the huge number of building slots and faction bonuses), and everything else red.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Game feels so fragmented right now. You've got stuff in one game but not the other, stuff in Vortex but not ME, foundation update coming 'soon', but no norsca, no RoRs, no news on the upcoming FLC, no news on TK. It makes me just not want to play until they've got everything consolidated into ME, but that feels like it's not gonna be until end of Jan/Feb at this point.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

IMO they shouldn't have promised to have Mortal Empires out as fast as they did so people would have just had the fun experience of the Vortex campaign without worrying about another broken campaign at this point. Fixing Norsca would make the Vortex campaign more fun too, but it's not as critical there unless you're dark elves I guess.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sinteres posted:

IMO they shouldn't have promised to have Mortal Empires out as fast as they did so people would have just had the fun experience of the Vortex campaign without worrying about another broken campaign at this point. Fixing Norsca would make the Vortex campaign more fun too, but it's not as critical there unless you're dark elves I guess.

Fully agree.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Glad they found the time to get that afternoon's worth of copy & paste work ready for us.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
At least they're finally buffing Ghorst!

Jum-Jum
Oct 23, 2013
I've been holding off on ME until they added the foundation updates and Norsca and here we are, late November and still nothing. At leard the old world lords finally get the immortality trait.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Hopefully they're going slow because most of the team is working on paid dlc instead.

Or they've all shifted to lame history titles.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ghort Who vs the Old World.

It's specially annoying that the 30th RoR's are delayed (probably because they include the RoR's for Norsca).

I do like the note at the end that they have plans to give all Old World independent starts. I hope Vlad/Isabella are exempt from that, but I wonder where everyone else would go to.

The Dwarf and Greenskin LL's are obvious.

Kemmler to Moussillon with the Red Duke being turned into an Alastair-LLL (Legendary Lord Light) would make sense. Ghorst could potentially go to one of the vampire factions in the Land of the Dead or the Vampire Coast and make him relevant by providing a really different start for the VC experience.

Volkmar and Gelt, though? They mostly make sense in Altdorf, but since Teclis is not in Saphery, I guess they could go to one of the elector counts. If Sudenburg hadn't been removed in ME, Volkmar could go there to lead some crusaders, but since that's not a thing, I got nothing but random speculation, because I don't think they're particularly tied to any imperial province other than Reikland, and Volkmar in particular wouldn't be welcome in the northern provinces where Ulric is favoured.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
I like the idea of some of the older LLs basically becoming challenge starts. Put Grombrindal in Kraka Drak, they'll need him. Volkmar in Stirland, facing down the Vampire Counts head-on.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

ZearothK posted:

Volkmar and Gelt, though? They mostly make sense in Altdorf, but since Teclis is not in Saphery, I guess they could go to one of the elector counts. If Sudenburg hadn't been removed in ME, Volkmar could go there to lead some crusaders, but since that's not a thing, I got nothing but random speculation, because I don't think they're particularly tied to any imperial province other than Reikland, and Volkmar in particular wouldn't be welcome in the northern provinces where Ulric is favoured.

They are trying to put LL in places where they make the most canon sense. However, as seen with Teclis, Kroq-Gar, Skarsnik, they have no problem just sticking them somewhere interesting on the map and pulling an excuse of of their rear end as why the LL decided to go set up shop there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bit of a stretch to call Teclis' starts interesting.