Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Aphrodite posted:

Amell showed up at an ROH show last night. He teamed with his old nemesis Stardust (now Cody. Yes, just Cody) and took a table spot then helped nail an Indytaker.

Table (you can see the other guy makes it safe for him by breaking it with his rear end first): https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbn_oaQj0Bp/

https://twitter.com/blowcastle/status/931772731175178240
God, wrestling is so gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

I'm heartbroken that it suggests we won't get the necessary "Diggle meets Dibney" scene.

Jax and Stein aren't in that shot either, and you'd think if they were anywhere they'd be on the Waverider for the crossover, right? There might be hope yet.

V-Men posted:

Is that supposed to be The Ray next to Snart?

Yes.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Isn't there supposed to be an animated movie to go along with this? Not seeing it on the CW Seed.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LongDarkNight posted:

Isn't there supposed to be an animated movie to go along with this? Not seeing it on the CW Seed.

There's supposed to be (a series, actually :eng101:), but it hasn't debuted yet apparently. The way they were describing it in the promotional material made it sound like it's supposed to be the prequel/setup to Crisis on Earth-X to give people some context for the crossover... but unless they're planning on dumping the whole thing online this week, I don't think that's gonna be happening.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

V-Men posted:

Is that supposed to be The Ray next to Snart?

I didn't think we could get a helmet worse than Digg's first one but I should have known LoT would pull it off.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/932465585170124801
Look how far the little Batman-with-the-serial-numbers-filed-off show has come.

https://twitter.com/EchoK/status/931973620586434560

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Man like 8 years ago if you would have told me I'd be excited for some CW super hero TV show crossover that all spawned from Green Arrow and completely disinterested in a Justice League movie I'd have called you crazy and would have ranted about how Angel got done dirty.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 20, 2017

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

I didn't think we could get a helmet worse than Digg's first one but I should have known LoT would pull it off.

The worst part is that it's 1:1 with the comic book version. The rest of the suit is stylish though

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6T-jPN-VCoA
Cooooooool

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Citizen instead of Captain but still owns.

Also did I mis-see something or was that Thea at the wedding? Did they spoil this week's episode ahead of time?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Alex and Sara knocking back shots is great. Also that first set-piece fight in the church looks to be great.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

howe_sam posted:

Who's that helmet between Flash and Arrow? Looks familiar but I can't place it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's Rene.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aphrodite posted:

That's Rene.

Huh, I completely missed that his getup had changed from the white mask.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
That looks more like the balls-out crossover they should have had last year.

Also, Barry invited Mick to his wedding?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phylodox posted:

Basically everyone else on the Waverider was invited and Sara probably doesn't trust Mick enough to leave him on the ship by himself

Alternatively: It's Ray's +1

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Phylodox posted:

Probably invited the rest of the Legends and they promised they could keep him under control. Given this is the Legends we're talking about here, they got him to come (with his flamethrower gun) so long as he promised not to drain the entire bar straight down his throat.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oliver jumping out of a Vibe portal while shooting a Nazi means this is going to be a good time. Also looks like they found a cheap way to film all the duplicates by giving the bad guys masks.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Spotted Sara and Alex pounding back drinks together at the night-before wedding party. Lanvers is confirmed :woop:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I do feel a little bad for Alex, going to a wedding so quickly after her own imploded.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

WhyteRyce posted:

Man like 8 years ago if you would have told me I'd be excited for some CW super hero TV show crossover that all spawned from Green Arrow and completely disinterested in a Justice League movie I'd have called you crazy and would have ranted about how Angel got done dirty.

I've said it before, but I think the Arrowverse did right what the current DC movie universe did wrong. It's great that they had a less known hero as a starting point for their universe instead of Supes and Batman. It's great that they keep them in their own separate bubbles, only crossing over sparingly. It's cool that there can be different tones in the storytelling of different heroes. They also have some fun references and obscure side characters from all of DC's comic book history, and all the shows can be really fun when they're at the top of their game. All these details are doubly good because they help make the shows feel like comic books.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

muscles like this! posted:

I do feel a little bad for Alex, going to a wedding so quickly after her own imploded.

Same. Though I imagine that the wedding crossover was planned out well in advance of Floriana Lima deciding to leave Supergirl, so they kinda got screwed by circumstance from the look of it. I hope they at least acknowledge in in the crossover.

...Then again, Kara being a self-centred dick and dragging Alex across dimensions to go to a friend’s wedding without realizing it would upset her is completely in character for her :v:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
If Sara Lance is your rebound you’re doing pretty okay

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

nine-gear crow posted:

...Then again, Kara being a self-centred dick and dragging Alex across dimensions to go to a friend’s wedding without realizing it would upset her is completely in character for her :v:

I'd describe Kara as less self-centered and maybe more oblivious. She means well, but forgets the fallout of her actions sometimes.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

There's only 53 Earths? :confused:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nooneofconsequence posted:

Welcome to the DCU.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

howe_sam posted:

Curtis's T face stands out as the dumbest thing.
Who is the gold helmet in the middle?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nooneofconsequence posted:

There’s always only 52ish, except when there isn’t.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mr Beens posted:

Curtis's T face stands out as the dumbest thing.
Who is the gold helmet in the middle?

The Ray, a superhero from Earth-X

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xelkelvos posted:

The Ray, a superhero from Earth-X

Oh! Everybody kept saying it was Ray and I kept thinking, “No, Ray’s right behind him. Is everyone blind?”

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't entirely get why Earth X has to be the 53rd. Does the Arrowverse writing crew really have 52 other designated Earth's? Can I see their work? Please?

Very, very hyped now. That wedding scene is like everything I've ever wanted from comic media and I didn't know it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phylodox posted:

Oh! Everybody kept saying it was Ray and I kept thinking, “No, Ray’s right behind him. Is everyone blind?”

I really hope that when The Ray reveals who his is, there’s a shot of Ray Palmer in the background whimpering “but I’m The Ray...:(

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

kjetting posted:

I've said it before, but I think the Arrowverse did right what the current DC movie universe did wrong. It's great that they had a less known hero as a starting point for their universe instead of Supes and Batman. It's great that they keep them in their own separate bubbles, only crossing over sparingly. It's cool that there can be different tones in the storytelling of different heroes. They also have some fun references and obscure side characters from all of DC's comic book history, and all the shows can be really fun when they're at the top of their game. All these details are doubly good because they help make the shows feel like comic books.

I'm not sure how totally fair it is to compare the two but I definitely think that the Arrowverse is the best representation of how comic books feel. There's a bunch of different shows/books that do their own thing and they crossover here and there and people jump around the shows/books sometimes and then they get together for big world endangering mega crisis which awake your inner child.

MCU goes for the same thing and does a good job but since those are largely movies its not the "book" feel that the Arrowverse TV shows brings. And DCEU has just gone the exact opposite route forgoing "world building" through individual movies/books and going straight to the big mega events.

Which isn't a value judgement of any of them. You can love or hate whichever one you want. But Arrowverse and MCU to me look like they really went for the approach comic books have and because they're TV shows Arrowverse has really captured it very effectively. The DCEU - for better or worse - is just doing something else, like selling Elseworld graphic novels or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Citizen instead of Captain but still owns.

Also did I mis-see something or was that Thea at the wedding? Did they spoil this week's episode ahead of time?

I'm pretty sure that was Alex, if you meant the short-haired brunette ripping her dress next to Sara

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The MCU also has a consistent tone, which comics don't.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I wonder if this is the year the CW puts out a better team-up event than Justice League. :stare:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phylodox posted:

I wonder if this is the year the CW puts out a better team-up event than Justice League. :stare:

I mean, as bad as previous crossovers were the JL reviews make it seem like they've already done that a couple of times?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I mean hell, Supergirl in some ways did a better version of the Batman/Superman fight in BvS, when Kara fought the Myriad controlled Alex.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

I really hope that when The Ray reveals who his is, there’s a shot of Ray Palmer in the background whimpering “but I’m The Ray...:(

So now we have
Ray
The Ray
Rory
Roy
Ra's

It's confusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mr Beens posted:

So now we have
Ray
The Ray
Rory
Roy
Ra's

It's confusing

And Rip (who used to be Rory on another show)

Also the Arrowverse has three Supermen in it... thus far.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 21, 2017