Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Flesh Forge posted:

Robby Fuckin Mook landed a job as a CNN contributor, lol

Please get rid of this guy forever

He was on the losing side of Hillary, the Italian referendum and the British election lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

He's so useless he mocked one of the major UK polling companies for their predictions and they got it nearly 100% lol

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Kinsky posted:

the speaker yields the floor to the senator from Iowa, an 800 lb genderqueer furry goth who wails loudly and pitifully if a 20" bowl full of fried mayonnaise balls is not within arm's reach at all times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYFikTIAT-s

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I forgot about this excellent Democrat lol, please to be watching it.

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

Well the word got around they said this kid is insane, man
Banged in the mouth and now he's got AIDS, man

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

I forgot about this excellent Democrat lol, please to be watching it.

the whirling cultural clusterfuck and brutal isolation of the information age has bred some truly fascinating specimens

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

The internet is leaking

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The internet is leaking

smug, secure-in-their-own-ignorance shitheads are a timeless phenomenon but it's the loving bizarre hodgepodge of borrowed judgements and ideals that gives this era's their particular flavor

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

coherent worldviews shatter like glass over an ocean teeming with subculture echo chambers. each claims a shard and multiplies, fractal, giving birth to ever more exclusive extrapolations, driving its shrinking circle of adherents ever further into babbling incoherence. in a hundred years, every person on earth will hold mutually unintelligible worldviews. in a thousand years, every person will hold a hundred of them simultaneously. the first alien sentients to discover this world will spend lifetimes cataloguing our culture and the lessons learned therein, then glass the entire planet and never look back.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
Bernie would have won.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose posted:

Has Peter daou come up a lot because smh if not
Hillary legit needs to file a restraining order against him at this point

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nut to Butt posted:

Thank WW2 wage controls, aka commie laws.

idk dude, even the heritage foundation keeps publishing charts where the difference between productivity and compensation starts diverging right around reagan

e: well, and, you know, that whole thing about how we were the dominant economy after the ww2 command economy and the eisenhower admin having 90% rates on top earners, whatever, I'm not loling at the democrats like I should, so:

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Bernie would have won.

World War Mammories has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Nov 20, 2017

Salacious Spy
May 29, 2010

World War Mammories posted:

well, and, you know, that whole thing about how we were the dominant economy after the ww2 command economy and the eisenhower admin having 90% rates on top earners, whatever,

the clear solution is to increase taxation on top earners and HOLY poo poo A HATE CRIME LOOK OVER THERE *runs back into office and locks door*

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Magnitogorsk. posted:

89.3% of workers in the US are not in unions and their working conditions have not deteriorated to Industrial Revolution levels
The compensation of US workers has essentially not increased at all since the 80s despite soaring productivity, profits, and GDP. Worker compensation being correlated with productivity and profits is a myth.

The new generation of workers in the united states may be the first generation in american history to have a worse standard of living than their parents. this trend-line does not look promising.

Businessmen and capitalists organize together and collude against workers all the time. The vast majority of americans think this is normal and acceptable. The idea that workers should not also organize and collude is just the success of a century of anti-worker propaganda.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Hillary legit needs to file a restraining order against him at this point

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/932664825708273672

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/932584570448474117

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Wulfolme posted:

You guys can mock all you want but there is widespread negative perception of unions and you can't just shush that and make it go away. If you don't have a plan to deal with that then you're just jerking off.
Get rid of the capitalist altogether. Start worker co-ops where the employees are their own boss and democratically make all the important economic decisions of the business. Stop submitting to a class rule where a tiny minority of people run your life and make all the important economic decisions of society.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I am extremely aroused by the concept of running a company expressly being a team effort, but stupid worker proles aren't allowed to team up because that would be unfair

however, this arouses me even more

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

idk dude, even the heritage foundation keeps publishing charts where the difference between productivity and compensation starts diverging right around reagan

e: well, and, you know, that whole thing about how we were the dominant economy after the ww2 command economy and the eisenhower admin having 90% rates on top earners, whatever, I'm not loling at the democrats like I should, so:
Right, which completely ignores compensation like health insurance, a benefit that was only ever offered because companies were legally prohibited from offering more money. I was pointing out how these deformations of the market can have enduring and pernicious effects, like an ever-increasing share of "your" dollars going into the hands of the insurance industry instead. Even this brief analysis is eliding how the feds simultaneously shortchange and get fleeced by the medical and insurance industries, and how that adversely impacts the prices these industries charge consumers. Imagine if we had a health care system where doctors and hospitals posted prices instead of playing gently caress-gently caress games with massive bureaucracies before spitting out some outrageous sum your treatment allegedly "cost?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/upshot/the-real-reason-the-us-has-employer-sponsored-health-insurance.html
http://reason.com/blog/2017/09/29/medicare-is-a-bank-without-security-guar
https://reason.com/archives/2013/03/13/the-obamacare-revolt-physician-fight-bac

I'm sick of all these cartels of "professionals" colluding with the government to obscure the fact that they're loving everyone.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Meiers Goldbrick posted:

Bernie would have won.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol

Also, what an amazing response time for those cops.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nut to Butt posted:

Right, which completely ignores compensation like health insurance, a benefit that was only ever offered because companies were legally prohibited from offering more money. I was pointing out how these deformations of the market can have enduring and pernicious effects, like an ever-increasing share of "your" dollars going into the hands of the insurance industry instead. Even this brief analysis is eliding how the feds simultaneously shortchange and get fleeced by the medical and insurance industries, and how that adversely impacts the prices these industries charge consumers. Imagine if we had a health care system where doctors and hospitals posted prices instead of playing gently caress-gently caress games with massive bureaucracies before spitting out some outrageous sum your treatment allegedly "cost?"

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/05/upshot/the-real-reason-the-us-has-employer-sponsored-health-insurance.html

I'm sick of all these cartels of "professionals" colluding with the government to obscure the fact that they're loving everyone.

:capitalism:

on topic: hillary is dumb and bad, almost as much as donny twoscoops, whereas bernie would have won one

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

comedyblissoption posted:

Get rid of the capitalist altogether. Start worker co-ops where the employees are their own boss and democratically make all the important economic decisions of the business. Stop submitting to a class rule where a tiny minority of people run your life and make all the important economic decisions of society.

Anyone who has ever worked with the proles knows exactly how bad of an idea it would be to turn over management duties to them in a democratic fashion. Management has to make tough decisions in hard times that sometimes adversely effect the entire workforce. You can't expect that to happen through the democratic process with an electorate that constantly wants more benefits and lower taxes. It's a pipe dream for academics who have never really experienced the working class. It would never work.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

new phone who dis posted:

Anyone who has ever worked with the proles knows exactly how bad of an idea it would be to turn over management duties to them in a democratic fashion. Management has to make tough decisions in hard times that sometimes adversely effect the entire workforce. You can't expect that to happen through the democratic process with an electorate that constantly wants more benefits and lower taxes. It's a pipe dream for academics who have never really experienced the working class. It would never work.

Ownership != management

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
A meta-lol at all the Dems who cannot handle any criticism so they spend a bunch of time trying to get threads like these closed.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

a bone to pick posted:

A meta-lol at all the Dems who cannot handle any criticism so they spend a bunch of time trying to get threads like these closed.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
And also lol at the mods who help them

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Elect me mod, and I will probate those who poo poo up the "democrats, lol" thread

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so long as this thread stays on topic laughing at the dems i'll keep it open

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's not at all, though. Legal regimes like occupational licensing, and tax structures that make alternatives to the Approved Method prohibitively expensive, these are not capitalism.

I don't know why you would say such a thing.

Here's a lol @ Democrats finally realizing how their situational ethics of convenience totally obliterated any standing they may have once had on gender issues:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/18/opinion/sunday/what-if-ken-starr-was-right.html?src=twr

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
This thread will end up the same as the trumps fine and liberal tears threads. You can’t have a bunch of happy people enjoying themselves and making fun of political topics like democrats. Miserable people will spam it and scream to mods until it gets closed. :tinfoil: some say they want us all dead.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Nut to Butt posted:

It's not at all, though. Legal regimes like occupational licensing, and tax structures that make alternatives to the Approved Method prohibitively expensive, these are not capitalism.

I don't know why you would say such a thing.

"Let the free market do as it wills."
(regulatory capture occurs)
"My God, who could have predicted this?!"
answer: bernie would have and hillary wouldn't

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

if you don't post like idiots i like to lol at dems almost as much as trump so its fine

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

kickascii posted:

This thread will end up the same as the trumps fine and liberal tears threads. You can’t have a bunch of happy people enjoying themselves and making fun of political topics like democrats. Miserable people will spam it and scream to mods until it gets closed. :tinfoil: some say they want us all dead.

Jaws remake lookin good

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Jose posted:

if you don't post like idiots i like to lol at dems almost as much as trump so its fine

Please rule with an iron fist against those who do not like to lol.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

"Let the free market do as it wills."
(regulatory capture occurs)
"My God, who could have predicted this?!"
answer: bernie would have and hillary wouldn't
Hrmm, I guess the solution is to give more power and control to the people actively participating in this plunder, allowing them to further circumscribe our freedom for their profit.

Or we could craft minimalist laws with public choice theory in mind, and not assume that bureaucrats and politicians are (:lol:) angels.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
both lol threads are good and funny until some idiot has his feelings hurt and has to state their own opinions.

Be merciless Jose

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

new phone who dis posted:

this is the same argument of kings and queens and autocrats. the masses cannot be expected to make important decisions, so a privileged elite must do it for them.

if you've paid attention to american politics over the past 40 years, you might notice that the capitalists have used their influence to make terrible decisions for everyone else just so that they would benefit in the short term. many of these terrible policies (e.g. mass offshoring jobs at the expense of workers) would not have happened if there was actual democracy in the united states.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Completely open borders. Free trade, free immigration, free verything. No more walls!

Liberal progressives now have their own version of Christian Rock that they use to promote these virtues.

I present to you: gently caress Borders
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zj_GwgSuRWk

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

kickascii posted:

If you lol at dems then it means you're a republican. That's just science and you can't deny it.

Jose posted:

i like to lol at dems almost as much as trump so its fine

DOES NOT COMPUTE

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Nut to Butt posted:

it's a cartel of rent-seeking capitalists. and the reason there is not price transparency is because there is no democracy under capitalism. it's the same reason why your telly preaches the virtues of 'free markets' to you but you are literally banned from re-importing the exact same drugs that are sold here from Canada or the UK where the drugs are sold for much cheaper. 'free market' (and corporate welfare) for the capitalist. gently caress you for the worker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

If you lol at dems then it means you're a republican. That's just science and you can't deny it.

But since Hilary took over the dems that means everyone who isn't for Her is a republican, including Bernie and Jill.

Huh.

• Locked thread