Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Hang on, "believes in abortion."

1. It's loving 'bama. I'm pretty sure the Democrats there are all also pro-[punishing women for sex].
and
2. This isn't a question of belief, It exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I saw some Alabama Republican yesterday say "if Doug Jones comes out and says he's pro-life today I'll vote for him". Its weird. I've known tons of pro-life people who thought they could just change the minds of pro-choicers at any moment or that pro-choicers were pro-life deep down in their hearts, but I imagine even most of them would question if a Democrat suddenly went "Ok, I'm against abortion. Vote for me." Alabama voters don't seem terribly sophisticated.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

STAC Goat posted:

Well I'm mostly thinking of my social circle of Republicans who tend to skew more rational and non-Fox News viewing. But its been a year longs fight with them over my stance that "Republicans would vote for Lucifer if he had an R next to his name." They fought that hard all the way up until a year ago. Now its just kind of awkward silence when I say "see?"

"Awkward silence" is a big thing in my personal political debates these days. I've had a years long argument over the FRC and Tony Perkins and... whoops... he covered up a child molestation. Awkward silence when I brought that up last night.

Has the last year become an increasingly long series of you just pointing at current events and going "see" over and over again.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Josef bugman posted:

Has the last year become an increasingly long series of you just pointing at current events and going "see" over and over again.

Half the time i don't even have to point, they do it for me. A lot of the time its THEM starting the discussion and I don't even want to rehash it because we clearly both agree its terrible. As depressed as I am by all this stuff I think they're actually worse aside from the Supreme Court thing.

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Josef bugman posted:

This is literally what my year has been yes.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Keeshhound posted:

1. It's loving 'bama. I'm pretty sure the Democrats there are all also pro-[punishing women for sex].
and

many people in the us use "believes in x" to mean "believes x is not morally wrong".

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

I don't see the big deal, myself. It's not like if Hillary were revealed to be a pedophile I would've shrugged, said "gently caress women, minorities and workers I guess" and voted for Trump. Maybe I'm just a bad person.

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

PerniciousKnid posted:

I don't see the big deal, myself. It's not like if Hillary were revealed to be a pedophile I would've shrugged, said "gently caress women, minorities and workers I guess" and voted for Trump. Maybe I'm just a bad person.

That’s an insane matchup hypothetical, but I don’t think the Democrats or the left in general would just let her serve if she won and that was found out.

If they couldn’t do a last minute switch, like with Moore, they would probably publicly set up a plan for public vote on new speaker >impeachment > new president within first week.

If that wasn’t done then I probably wouldn’t have been able to bring myself to vote for Hillary I’d go 3rd party and D for the rest of the ballot.

I just can’t imagine a world in which liberals and leftists circle the wagons around a pedophile like with Moore. They’d be getting too much poo poo from both sides, unlike the Republicans who get Evangelicals to moralize them no matter what because Democrats are literally agents of the devil.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
By the same logic, people might vote for Moore expecting that he’ll be removed and Gov. Ivey will appoint another Republican to the seat.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Keeshhound posted:

and

Jazerus posted:

many people in the us use "believes in x" to mean "believes x is not morally wrong".

Also you can literally look up Doug Jones and see that he's explicitly pro-choice.

quote:

The Jones campaign, [in early October], doubled-down on the candidate's pro-choice platform: "I support a woman's right and freedom to choose what to do with her body. This is a decision between a woman, her doctor and her Lord. Who am I to tell a woman what to do with her body?"

Jones, in a statement, added, "I also support Planned Parenthood because they provide cancer screening, breast exams, contraceptives, prenatal care, and other vital, sometimes life-saving, services to hundreds of thousands of women. These are my beliefs."

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2017/10/post_114.html

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Jazerus posted:

Yeah the whole "lol this person disbelieves it" is a dumb take that makes you sound like a dumb liberal caricature.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

"I believe in you" rarely means "I believe in your existence."

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/930311323879124992

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Ann Coulter's still alive? What? :confused:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

nine-gear crow posted:

Ann Coulter's still alive? What? :confused:

She is a decaying harpy kept alive through a foul ritual that encased the crumbling remnants of what we laughingly refer to as her soul inside a vile phylactery. She hides it within her male counterpart Bill Maher's clenched rectum where its corroded, ragged edges gouge holes into his tortured prostate giving him the agonized pleasure he needs to fuel his defense of rapey funnyman Al Franken.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You're trying too hard to live up to it now.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Jazerus posted:

TildeATH posted:

Yeah the whole "lol this person disbelieves it" is a dumb take that makes you sound like a dumb liberal caricature.

:thejoke:

I will grant that I should have looked up Doug Jones first.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

This is really going to affect my everyday life.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

It's a fencing sword, not a head chopping scimitar.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Hannity is apparently reaching out to Roy Moore's victims for interviews, but at least one isn't having it.

https://twitter.com/EdKrassen/status/932325858768953344

Also, it looks like Hannity went a little nuts yesterday and tweeted this same text multiple times in a row, but with different pictures of Hillary Clinton.

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/932247467697102849

I think the pressure is getting to him. Maybe he needs a vacation?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

STAC Goat posted:

I saw some Alabama Republican yesterday say "if Doug Jones comes out and says he's pro-life today I'll vote for him". Its weird. I've known tons of pro-life people who thought they could just change the minds of pro-choicers at any moment or that pro-choicers were pro-life deep down in their hearts, but I imagine even most of them would question if a Democrat suddenly went "Ok, I'm against abortion. Vote for me." Alabama voters don't seem terribly sophisticated.

I was poo poo talking a pastor on YouTube for supporting Roy Moore. Called him a hypocrite Christian. He then said I'm no better because I support abortions. When I told him I didn't, he immediately said I was an atheist who hates God. You can't reason with mental illness.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Chadderbox posted:

I would watch scimitar fencing.

Sport sabres just don't do it for me.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

I was poo poo talking a pastor on YouTube for supporting Roy Moore. Called him a hypocrite Christian. He then said I'm no better because I support abortions. When I told him I didn't, he immediately said I was an atheist who hates God. You can't reason with mental illness.

I'm a Hindu and I don't hate Jehovah, I'm just glad He finally got medication for His bipolar disorder.

edit although the last two years might suggest He's not taking it as regularly as He should

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chadderbox posted:

It is very specifically a representation of a real person, an American Muslim medal winning olympian who broke ground in 2016.

But you know... Ann Coulter... racist piece of poo poo... all Muslims are ISIS... same old poo poo.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Leofish posted:

Hannity is apparently reaching out to Roy Moore's victims for interviews, but at least one isn't having it.

https://twitter.com/EdKrassen/status/932325858768953344

Also, it looks like Hannity went a little nuts yesterday and tweeted this same text multiple times in a row, but with different pictures of Hillary Clinton.

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/status/932247467697102849

I think the pressure is getting to him. Maybe he needs a vacation?

Hannity's been going full bore on the Clintons since the Roy Moore fiasco and leaving out a lot of really obvious poo poo. Like that Bill's poo poo were consensual affairs between adults and that also that Clinton was impeached.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Nov 21, 2017

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

BiggerBoat posted:

Hannity's been going full bore on the Clintons since the Roy Moore fiasco and leaving out a lot of really obvious poo poo. Like that Bill's poo poo were consensual affairs between adults and that also that Clinton was impeached.

Didn't at least one of Clinton's accusers state that she did not consent to what took place?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fearless posted:

Didn't at least one of Clinton's accusers state that she did not consent to what took place?

yeah, bill was and or is a rapist

the problem is, he's not in office any more. neither is hillary. they are both private citizens. it's pretty weak to yell about them when trying to explain why you should put a pedo into office as a tit for tat

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

boner confessor posted:

yeah, bill was and or is a rapist

the problem is, he's not in office any more. neither is hillary. they are both private citizens. it's pretty weak to yell about them when trying to explain why you should put a pedo into office as a tit for tat

I fully expect the alt-right to fabricate sexual assault allegations against Doug Jones in the final week before the election. All you gotta do is muddy the waters just long enough to get disaffected republicans out to the polls and depress democratic enthusiasm.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Republicans posted:

I fully expect the alt-right to fabricate sexual assault allegations against Doug Jones in the final week before the election. All you gotta do is muddy the waters just long enough to get disaffected republicans out to the polls and depress democratic enthusiasm.

Unfortunately for them (and us) there is a strong likelihood that Moore is possibly molesting girls right now with how putridly proud of the act he still is.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Crabtree posted:

Unfortunately for them (and us) there is a strong likelihood that Moore is possibly molesting girls right now with how putridly proud of the act he still is.

I'm sure they all look 20 and are dreaming it anyway
:bahgawd:

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Fearless posted:

Juanita Broderick. Ok then good point. Yeah, pretty obvious Bill Clinton was/is a scumbag. God drat. Everyone male person just sucks don't they?

*Awaits news of Bernie Sanders rape allegations*

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

It’s almost the holidays now can’t wait for all the “Ebenezer Scrooge was actually the good guy” editorials

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It’s almost the holidays now can’t wait for all the “Ebenezer Scrooge was actually the good guy” editorials

https://www.forbes.com/sites/fredsmith/2013/07/17/charles-dickens-ebenezer-scrooge-was-the-ultimate-job-creator/

https://cei.org/blog/scrooge-was-ultimate-job-creator

http://time.com/money/4595604/ebenezer-scrooge-defense-charles-dickens-christmas-carol/

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/286555/scrooge-first-1-percenter-jim-lacey

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

There it is. I love how they always say he was an upfront, fair, and honest business man when the plays and writings clearly state he has a monopoly over low income housing, doesn’t take care of his property at all, and purposely charges more then his tenants can afford because they can’t go anywhere else while lending horribly predatory loans the desperate poor can never get out of. He’s a proto-slumlord and payday lender rolled into one. But really he’s a good and honest business man!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Guess what other time it is?

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2017/11/16/starbucks-holiday-cups-accused-pushing-gay-agenda.html

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

So much for “don we now our gay apparel.”

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ErikWemple/status/932992720653692932
Hannity: “I get to say the craziest poo poo at our most visible hours and it’s getting people kinda mad.”
Levin: “Hold my beer.”

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

"These hands look like lesbian hands to me (also people don't hold hands ever unless they are having sex)" is a pretty lame way to force yourself to be offended.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Radish posted:

"These hands look like lesbian hands to me (also people don't hold hands ever unless they are having sex)" is a pretty lame way to force yourself to be offended.

Conservatives hate Starbucks, and they like to Lash out at Christmas. One year they used a snowflake instead of a Christmas tree, and I'm pretty sure another year it was because they used green instead of red.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Conservatives hate Starbucks, and they like to Lash out at Christmas. One year they used a snowflake instead of a Christmas tree, and I'm pretty sure another year it was because they used green instead of red.

I’m pretty sure Starbucks does it on purpose now because it makes them money off Conservatives. The go to protest for Conservatives each year for Starbucks has been to buy as much Starbucks as possible and say your name is Merry Christmas so the low level barista who doesn’t give a gently caress will say Merry Christmas out loud :downsbravo: