Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I would imagine PYF would be one of the easier forums to moderate.

"Hey idiots, no one has posted a funny cat picture in two pages. Be better at posting funny cat pictures in this, the PYF funny cat pic thread."

Moderating done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

Who was the person who modded PYF for like 8 years without going insane?

better to mod a loving forum for eight years than be a mod loving eight year olds for years

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Lol the loving cabinets

Does the archives thread still have the pictures? The loving cabinets with all the electrical sockets everywhere is still incredible.

Inspector: Sir, I can't possibly certify this, you realize if you use all these plugs it will burn your house down
:grovertoot:: But they're just for convenience! I won't use them all at once!
Inspector: Sir, why are there electrical outlets in the ceiling? You don't want your family to die.
:grovertoot:: Fine. I'll just fraudulently inspect my own house then.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Kalli posted:

Who was the person who modded PYF for like 8 years without going insane?

Backyard Blacksmith?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

3 DONG HORSE posted:

GiP mod until a populist revolt overthrew his tyranny.

Not even joking - he actually would treat enlisted differently from officers and made all these dumb little rules so the forums were basically military-lite instead of the chill place it eventually became.

A loving civilian lol

Oh yeah that's also great. He was arguing that his government contracting job made him the equivalent of a 1-star General or something right?

Background: The Federal Government has a wage scale from 1 to 15 with 15 being the highest. There is sort of a correspondence to military ranks but no sane person actually thinks they're equivalent. Except :grovertoot:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Backyard Blacksmith?

FizFashizzle posted:

Scoots Magoo?

Shoot, I can't remember, but either of those could be right. Either way, they were stepping down while I was mod and the admins were horrified because they couldn't imagine finding someone normal who read a bunch of PYF.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Then it wasn't BYB, he was still mod the whole time I was mod

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Grover was a GiP mod who thought he was king poo poo because he was like a gs-12 or some poo poo that worked WITH the military. He was aggressively terrible at moderation as most military jokes whooshed right the gently caress over his head.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Report: Oklahoma is flat and bullshit

You mean like topographically? Because man let me tell you about Kansas.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
who the gently caress is Linda Del Ri.....oh that sounds about right actually

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Dr. Eldarion has modded Coupons & Deals for what seems like eternity.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Spoeank posted:

lol Linda Del Rio voted for trump

against the wall with you

53% of white women (who voted) voted for him, it shouldn't be a surprise that a rich one isn't in the woke half of that.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I worked for a government contractor for a long period of time and there were definitely a lot of the Grover-types working there

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Grittybeard posted:

I deliberately drove around Kansas this time lol

Nebraska is my nemesis tho

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Skwirl posted:

53% of white women (who voted) voted for him, it shouldn't be a surprise that a rich one isn't in the woke half of that.
I see this and am reminded how much of a joke of a candidate Hillary was

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Man, my GF said "I don't get football" and then she had a few drinks, a little food, and passed out on the couch for a few hours while I had Red zone on.

Lady, I think you get football more than you realize

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Eli Wiggum posted:

I worked for a government contractor for a long period of time and there were definitely a lot of the Grover-types working there

I can't say for certain but I think I remember that Grover also carried a gerber and a knife with him everywhere because...?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Also there is this dude in Illinois who spends his life making giant versions of poo poo so he can advertise them at tourist traps

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Eli Wiggum posted:

I see this and am reminded how much of a joke of a candidate Hillary was

There was a really good interview on NPR the other day about how the dems need to reckon with Bill Clinton being a rapist

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Grittybeard posted:

I'll do it for you

Wall Drug

Wall Drug

Wall Drug

Wall Drug

Wall Drug

Wall Drug

Wall Drug

Wall Drug

Wall Drug

Wall Drug

You're at Wall Drug

Wall Drug back that way

Welcome to Colarado.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

We still talking bout mods? Something something Literally A Bird something

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

No Butt Stuff posted:

I can't say for certain but I think I remember that Grover also carried a gerber and a knife with him everywhere because...?

My dad did that but he was actually in Iraq when they were kidnapping contractors. Grover...not so much lol

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I deliberately drove around Kansas this time lol

Nebraska is my nemesis tho

Flyover states for a reason bro

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My dad did that but he was actually in Iraq when they were kidnapping contractors. Grover...not so much lol

a gerber is a knife tho?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/Colmogorman/status/932691097628893184

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I just saw a painting of a police officer with Angel wings in the colors of the American flag.

Red states are weird

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
This article on the last few Americans who need Iron Lungs to live is very pro-read.

It's also absolutely heartbreaking (and typical :capitalism: ) that the company who now is responsible for the machines tried to kick everyone off and is charging them $200 for little pieces of leather.

https://gizmodo.com/the-last-of-the-iron-lungs-1819079169

It's also so loving frustrating that things we thought were gone forever (polio, Nazis, etc.) are all coming back now that the people who had first-hand experiences with them are dead.

edit: and being an anti-vaxxer is child abuse and anyone who is should have their kids taken away.

axeil fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 20, 2017

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

No Butt Stuff posted:

Grover was a GiP mod who thought he was king poo poo because he was like a gs-12 or some poo poo that worked WITH the military. He was aggressively terrible at moderation as most military jokes whooshed right the gently caress over his head.

His downfall in GiP was incredible. Nothing brings mil types together like making GBS threads on someone who desperately deserves it.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/AP_Sports/status/932624348636241920

quote:

His future plans include an excursion into space. He and Stakes have already brainstormed on a “Rockoon,” which is a rocket that, rather than being immediately ignited while on the ground, is carried into the atmosphere by a gas-filled balloon, then separated from the balloon and lit. This rocket will take Hughes about 68 miles up.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

His downfall in GiP was incredible. Nothing brings mil types together like making GBS threads on someone who desperately deserves it.

It was weird because it was him and Hagetaka, who couldn't have been more different if they were trying.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fishing with the fam posted:

I would imagine PYF would be one of the easier forums to moderate.

"Hey idiots, no one has posted a funny cat picture in two pages. Be better at posting funny cat pictures in this, the PYF funny cat pic thread."

Moderating done.

you have very clearly never read a PYF thread, it's almost impressive how such a banal forum can just create massive bubbling cauldrons of contempt that occasionally boil over into multi-page shitfights

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

My buddy got called up to the NHL again. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Now there's a blast from the past. I wonder what happened to him.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alaois posted:

you have very clearly never read a PYF thread, it's almost impressive how such a banal forum can just create massive bubbling cauldrons of contempt that occasionally boil over into multi-page shitfights

Yeah, it at least used to generate a horrible number of reports.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

My buddy got called up to the NHL again. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Congrats to him. A semi-friend of mine in HS was drafted in the 1st round ages ago, and had a modest NHL career before ending up in weird european leagues.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Kalli posted:

Yeah, it at least used to generate a horrible number of reports.

Congrats to him. A semi-friend of mine in HS was drafted in the 1st round ages ago, and had a modest NHL career before ending up in weird european leagues.

Russia is apparently dangerous AF to play in and you get paid in paper bags full of cash lol

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Eli Wiggum posted:

Now there's a blast from the past. I wonder what happened to him.

I dunno, he was named GD_American for a long time and I used to play one of the variations of Call of Duty with him way back when.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
A friend of mine from back home once claimed he was a hotly sought-out hockey prospect but opted not to pursue it because his mom was against it. To this very day, I don't know if he was being honest about it and is just loyal to his family (he's Chinese, if that matters) or was full of poo poo.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

axeil posted:

It's also so loving frustrating that things we thought were gone forever (polio, Nazis, etc.) are all coming back now that the people who had first-hand experiences with them are dead.

edit: and being an anti-vaxxer is child abuse and anyone who is should have their kids taken away.

It's the natural result when American anti intellectualism pairs with the human brains tendency to discount things that don't seem like immediate or vivid threats.

America is also the perfect place to run cons. Anti intellectualism, hyper individualism, and self righteous as gently caress. We're a country of people who think they're smarter than experts, can do anything themselves, and pair both with the absolute certainty of a Baptist minister.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/JoeMyGod/status/932726229941268481

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

a gerber is a knife tho?

Gerber is a multitool. A knife is a dedicated knife. That's what makes it so laughable. Dude had a desk job in the states. He would NEVER need a knife. A multitool is defensible (tho I'm pretty sure he had a full on military style one) but still lol

Not that I did anything badass or cool in the Guard but the only time I had a knife with me was never. Gerber 100% of the time though

e: I still have that dick book

• Locked thread