Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

cheese-cube posted:

sorry shut the gently caress up everyone like the ringtones you'd wish be silent

says someone who probably has borat "my wife" on loop while they look around hoping someone else will appreciate their counterfeit humor when the phone owner is turning 37 five days ago but no one in the office delivered even a half-eaten cupcake in the style of forgotten tribute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

ate all the Oreos posted:

the guy who sits behind me at work not only leaves his phone on at max volume all the time (even when he's not around) but he's set his ringtone to a loving alert klaxon so every time it rings it sounds like the fire alarm is going off

get a bucket that the phone fits in the bottom of, and cut the bottom out

set the bucket on his desk, put the phone in it, and fill the bucket with ball bearings

e: oh poo poo use a foam coffee cup instead of a bucket, so you can set that on top of the phone completely with the ball bearings resting right on the phone

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

today, hang a sign on your office that says "BOX CUTTERS $20"

next week, bring a can of spray foam and a one cubic foot cardboard box to the office

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
oh oh here's a good one

ask your coworker nicely to pick a less obnoxious ringtone and to be considerate for the people they work with

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
take a picture of your genitals touching his phone and text it to him the next time he picks up his phone

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Don't forget to leave a few curlies as well.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Cocoa Crispies posted:

oh oh here's a good one

ask your coworker nicely to pick a less obnoxious ringtone and to be considerate for the people they work with

i actually did this like months ago and he said he would and then never did :argh:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Cocoa Crispies posted:

oh oh here's a good one

most people would take the chance to act more like the decent person they think they are, if asked politely

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Murder and consume them, while taking pictures of each step with their phone and text it to their families. Revel in the blood and your descent into ringtone psychosis.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Step 1:

Cocoa Crispies posted:

oh oh here's a good one

Step 2 if step 1 doesn't work:

Cocoa Crispies posted:

take a picture of your genitals touching his phone and text it to him the next time he picks up his phone

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Just wrote a group policy and built out a plan to migrate all of our server local admin access to be completely managed by group policy, with access only granted through a serveradmin_%servername% security group for service accounts and support staff.

it will purge local admins every time policy runs and only assign the server name group dynamically. I have the security manager's buy-in, and I'll sell it to my team tomorrow with a POC demo.

from there, I'll build out RBAC for all of the support staff's admin accounts, because right now it's all over the place and we need to be able to assign team-level access to every server a team supports.

after that, implementing LAPS for servers as well.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCVdQ8xXBfk
My actual ringtone

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

same but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOl2FOw_FYo

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

devmd01 posted:

Just wrote a group policy and built out a plan to migrate all of our server local admin access to be completely managed by group policy, with access only granted through a serveradmin_%servername% security group for service accounts and support staff.

it will purge local admins every time policy runs and only assign the server name group dynamically. I have the security manager's buy-in, and I'll sell it to my team tomorrow with a POC demo.

from there, I'll build out RBAC for all of the support staff's admin accounts, because right now it's all over the place and we need to be able to assign team-level access to every server a team supports.

after that, implementing LAPS for servers as well.

Noice.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Hahaha. God drat.

I would piss so many people off with this....

:thunk:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

6-step ChromeOS exploit worth $100,000: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=766253

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
set your ringtone to a recording of gsm buzz

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

haveblue posted:

set your ringtone to a recording of gsm buzz

or the drunkenly speed changing nokia ringer from "Crank"

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Dutch tech news is reporting that the police decrypted a metric crapton of PGP-encrypted e-mails.

How?

Well, the company selling this 'encrypted e-mail service' kept a copy of the private keys on the same server where the encrypted e-mails were hosted. All they needed was access to the machine.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Always check for a key under the mat when breaking in to a bank vault

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/pat_r10t/status/932640826844426240 https://twitter.com/pat_r10t/status/932642318502584320

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

This is my back up alarm in case the first one does not wake me up in the morning and Mrs. MononcQc loving hates it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Soooo CSME...

https://twitter.com/FiloSottile/status/932723792908050432

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lol that under intel’s rating system it’s only “important” and not critical

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

hobbesmaster posted:

It's only critical if it effects profits/stock price directly.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

hahahaha fuuuuuuuuuck me and our 30 day remediation window

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zil posted:

It's only critical if it effects profits/stock price directly.

remotely effects stock price

quote:

Critical
A vulnerability, which if exploited, would allow remote execution of malicious code without user action.

Important
A vulnerability, which if exploited, would directly impact the confidentiality, integrity or availability of user’s data or processing resources.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

:eyepop:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

Intel has released a downloadable detection tool located at http://www.intel.com/sa-00086-support , which will analyze your system for the vulnerabilities identified in this security advisory.

Okay what the gently caress is this.

The Linux version appears to be a bunch of python files + a larger executable.

The Windows version has 4 folders, one that contains a GUI tool that says my system is not vulnerable, and a log file that seems to have been created on an Intel company machine a couple days ago, that has log lines about DLL signing.
One that contains documentation. One that contains a command line tool that tells me "your system might be vulnerable" and then throws an error about not having access to write poo poo to Windows Registry, and writes a log file in the same folder which says "Detection error: your system might be vulnerable" so I'm thinking that whole tool doesn't work.
And the fourth folder contains a windows application package, what seems to be a powershell build script of sorts, and a cert file issued by "user" to "user".

They were in a rush to get this tool released, I suppose?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

yeah it's a shitshow so far

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

This was a good read, has there been any more info released? Did the guy get sued?

Never mind, looks like it made mainstream news:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42052473

quote:

Wizard-security expert Prof Alan Woodward from Surrey University said DJI's actions were "outrageous".
"Wizard-security is one of those areas where there is no government organisation or central body or standards agency holding these people to account. It's ethical hackers and security researchers," he said.
"The public has a right to know when there's a security problem."

Phrosphor fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 21, 2017

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

MononcQc posted:

This is my back up alarm in case the first one does not wake me up in the morning and Mrs. MononcQc loving hates it

well yeah

you get to associate something with the mailman having his key in the door while your chubby hubby is sleeping in you're gonna hate it

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

thanks for ignoring the trans day of remembrance to declare your dumbass cybering day i guess

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

hobbesmaster posted:

theyre saving critical for when someone finds the network accessible vulnerabilities

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
that's oregon governor kate brown, the former secretary of state who signed a letter written by comcast to tell the fcc that the comcast-time warner cable merger was good, actually, and not the governor who oversaw the worst obamacare aca rollout in the country, in which the state of oregon was sued by oracle

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lmao https://twitter.com/UE/status/932293049027264517

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
classic Mr Hands

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

bicycle posted:

metal gear solid codec ringtone and guard spotted you "!" for text tone on the guy behind me im hoping he dies soon

that's actually cool and good, mate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

so whats up with aws secret region and aws top secret airgapped region or whatever

• Locked thread