Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

Synthbuttrange posted:

hmm, nope doesnt ring a bell, well off to drink some lizard serum!

In all the years of NSM, has Curt Connors really only tried to restore his arm once?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

techknight posted:

In all the years of NSM, has Curt Connors really only tried to restore his arm once?

Like Pete can remember more than the one time. He's lucky to remember that much. Frankly, he's lucky to remember MJ.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

jng2058 posted:

Like Pete can remember more than the one time. He's lucky to remember that much. Frankly, he's lucky to remember MJ.

If he removes his shirt he is tattooed memento style
Mary Jane = wife, rocket = son (?), brick = bad

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

techknight posted:

I'm sure he must have tried more than once, but how would you ever check? I don't think anyone's crazy enough to have actually documented all 40 years of it.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

jng2058 posted:

Peter has taken multiple headwounds, maybe Doc Conner should get him a CAT scan.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Leave Alicia out of this, she's too good for this comic.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Perhaps the enemy will be Mobius again. This time he finds out the cure to his vampirism is the regenerative properties of lizard blood. To become human again, he needs to drain the lizard, so to speak.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What if we just grow you a new wife

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Talented assistant? We know Peter is an idiot so I guess Connors means something like a magician's assistant and is hitting on MJ hard.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
*smashes everything in the room* You guys wanna come hang out in my cabin?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

swear I won't turn into a giant lizard man this time

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I cannot wait for Peter's limp agreement. He has every reason to say no, but he'll find a way to just go along with the plot, as he's known to.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Pete, your Aunt is newly single. Maybe hook the Doc up?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
maybe he'd cool off with the lizard serum stuff if instead of a talented assistant, he had a wife for a few days? aunt anna, you're up.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Synthbuttrange posted:

What if we just grow you a new wife

Doc, look, just use your other hand. It's not that bad. Hell, it might even feel better!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Push El Burrito posted:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Lobok posted:

Talented assistant? We know Peter is an idiot so I guess Connors means something like a magician's assistant and is hitting on MJ hard.
Hey now, this is the man who keeps trying to regrow his arm and turning into a lizard in the process. He's right on Peter's level.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Push El Burrito posted:

They really have captured the quintessential essence of being in Florida.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The MSJ posted:

Has he tried other animals that can regenerate? Like a starfish or flatworm? Or even plants. Curt Connors, transforming into a half-plant thing in the his swamp lab, like some of... Bog Stuff.
Or maybe, and stick with me here, maybe try a salamander? The only vertebrate that can actually regrow a lost limb? As opposed to a lizard, which can only regrow a cartilaginous facsimile of its old tail, and has no limb regenerative properties at all?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Knormal posted:

Or maybe, and stick with me here, maybe try a salamander? The only vertebrate that can actually regrow a lost limb? As opposed to a lizard, which can only regrow a cartilaginous facsimile of its old tail, and has no limb regenerative properties at all?

Then it turns into the Spider-Man version of the voyager episode threshold

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Knormal posted:

The human dna in the serum enhances the regenerative properties of the lizard (and the lizard properties of the lizard) in order to fully restore a limb. Usi g salamander dna would cause connors to regrow three arms on his arm because of how potent the regeneration dna would become. Its newspaper science.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

tbh I think connors would be into that

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The gang would do a better job than Peter

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I am loving this arc so much more knowing that while Aunt May is sobbing her broken heart out her nephew is assisting the only man who can rival him in stupidity.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
:geno: I wish we could talk you out of this crazy experiment. No. Really. I do.

(I would have included Peter's :geno: face, but hosed if I can figure out how to get a BBcode link from Imgur now.)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Is there a reason why he can't get a bionic arm like Misty Knight?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Alhazred posted:

no one likes him, for obvious reasons.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he also spends all his money on replacing lab equipment he's previously destroyed and turning himself into a lizard monster

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Alhazred posted:

There's no worse fate than being forced to give yourself The Stranger for the rest of your life.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Jesus Pete, no need to taunt him with your non amputated right hand. Look he's all traumatized in panel 3 now.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh I finally get it... MJ is an enabler.

She's probably the one who told him to homewreck May and Uncle Moley's beautiful love :argh:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I love that the last panel looks like connors is sulking after peter showed off the fact he still has a right hand

head58
Apr 1, 2013

Is Peter Hailing Hydra in the first panel?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
He was doing a Goodbye High Five

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
He's proving through hand size that he does not have cancer.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Oh I finally get it... MJ is an enabler.

She's probably the one who told him to homewreck May and Uncle Moley's beautiful love :argh:

Or she knows that Curt is going to turn into the lizard and wants to see Peter get injured

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I like how there's all this talk of Peter's hand in panel 1, but zero talk of MJ's in panel 3.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Choco1980 posted:

I like how there's all this talk of Peter's hand in panel 1, but zero talk of MJ's in panel 3.

She's gonna swat that fly, make no mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mj was mr fantastic the whole time

• Locked thread