Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Doing what-if stories would help separate them from the pack. Their grim and dim thing right now isn't great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I've been watching a lot of Shaun's videos lately, and I've been enjoying them a lot. Even if the content he's covering is utterly heinous. HBomb's video segments on Sargon is great, but it's really only scratching the surface of just how deplorable this man is.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
One of Sargon's latest videos is on the 'fragility of femininity' because of the negative reactions to that app that was made to remove makeup from pictures of women.

It is mind numbingly dull and pretentious. in case you are curious.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I actually haven’t thought about Sargon since he got blocked from twitter, and man I just realized how great that is. I’m fine with him still doing a youtube that I never have to look at or think about. It’s like that Swamp Thing comic where he visits hell and his nemesis he killed is there getting tortured and Swamp Thing just walks on by and keeps doing his thing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Arcsquad12 posted:

I've been watching a lot of Shaun's videos lately, and I've been enjoying them a lot. Even if the content he's covering is utterly heinous. HBomb's video segments on Sargon is great, but it's really only scratching the surface of just how deplorable this man is.

Who or what is shaun? I do not know every youtuber on a first name basis and I don't think typing "shaun" into youtube will get me anything but that one hilarious heavy rain video. Because I've watched that a lot.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Nuebot posted:

Who or what is shaun? I do not know every youtuber on a first name basis and I don't think typing "shaun" into youtube will get me anything but that one hilarious heavy rain video. Because I've watched that a lot.

Search channels for "shaun" and you'll find a charming skull with sunglasses. That's him.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Nuebot posted:

Formerly Shaun and Jen, now the channel is literally just Shaun.

He's a person like HBomb and Contra that has done a lot of talking about right-wing youtube personalities and why they're bad and wrong. He also contributes to the "Why CinemaSins is bad" dialogue. His approach tends to be straightforward, not comedic like HBomb or artsy like Contra, but instead either point-counterpoint or straight up lecture. He's also started to delve into specific events and explaining the misconceptions around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqCCx4wj79o

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

FoldableHuman posted:

My favourite part of Justice League is when Wonder Woman talks to Superman like they were long time friends, even calling him Kal El (a name she only knows b/c Zod broadcast it worldwide), when he never even knew her name.

But, Dan, you see Dan, it makes perfect sense. Dan, okay, remember the last movie, buddy? Diana was all like "Hey, Bruce, here's my Youtube playlist! It's so kewl like share and subscribe"

And, Dan, remember, it was all videos of other people. People she only knew from Youtube videos, but she, like, knows them deeply. She only sent a few to her good friend Bruce, but you know she has a whole Pinterest specifically for her other good friend Kal El.

Dan, isn't it obvious, she's a Youtube fan who is, like, totally friends on a first-name basis. Heart emoji! Dan!

(I joke, but it might as well be. Not like this franchise has an unhealthy "women be shoppin' amiright" tinge to it or anything...)

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Trojan Kaiju posted:

His approach tends to be straightforward, not comedic like HBomb or artsy like Contra, but instead either point-counterpoint or straight up lecture.

He's still pretty darn funny tho. Got a wicked dry delivery for jokes.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

Yeah I kinda misrepresented him there. He's not writing for humor but he's got some sass in him that breaks things up nicely.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Puppy Time posted:

The incredibly dry way he said 'like...goku' made me howl with laughter in a truck stop bathroom at 3:30 AM and when I came out everyone working there looked really suspicious.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Hbomberguy posted:

The incredibly dry way he said 'like...goku' made me howl with laughter in a truck stop bathroom at 3:30 AM and when I came out everyone working there looked really suspicious.

Wait, which vid was this.

Shaun is great. Like, fundamentally I realize I'm basically just listening to glorified left wing talk radio, but I enjoy it and he's entertaining so eh.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

The latest Kim J video is making the copyright system flade up on youtube like hell, so she posted that on Vid.me for now. It's the promised WWE in NK doc! which I didn't listen to yet.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Nuebot posted:

the youtube channel is literally just called “shaun”

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Linear Zoetrope posted:

Shaun is great. Like, fundamentally I realize I'm basically just listening to glorified left wing talk radio, but I enjoy it and he's entertaining so eh.

I remember there was a stream that Hbomb and Garrett (also just channel name Garrett, no first name basis here) did where they both agreed that Shaun really is the best of them and it shows.

The only downside is that I never knew about Stefan Molyneux until I watched Shaun and he's like the only one of those types of youtuber that I have an actually hard time watching, even through Shaun.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Linear Zoetrope posted:

The 'immigration and the fall of rome' video posted above, at 15:44

I wouldn't really call Shaun's stuff itself left wing per se - he's just explaining things from an informed, truthful perspective reliant on looking at evidence in more detail than others on YouTube. That the left happens to also be on the side of truth is just a coincidence.

Hbomberguy fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Nov 20, 2017

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I remember there was a stream that Hbomb and Garrett (also just channel name Garrett, no first name basis here) did where they both agreed that Shaun really is the best of them and it shows.

The only downside is that I never knew about Stefan Molyneux until I watched Shaun and he's like the only one of those types of youtuber that I have an actually hard time watching, even through Shaun.

Sadly, Garrett shut his channel down. Because of leftie harassment IIRC.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Puppy Time posted:

Sadly, Garrett shut his channel down. Because of leftie harassment IIRC.

Wut?

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

That threw me too. I was able to find one video of his (it's not nice so won't be linking) which was a "goodbye/gently caress off" of sorts because his subs reacted badly to a somewhat lighter video than the ones he usually put up - he was increibly pissed. That was a year ago, mind...seems like he came back after, but has gone again for unclear reasons. I've seen him have the odd bad interaction with various objectionable lefties on Twitter in the past, dunno if that had owt to do with it but he's totally gone from social media.

Won't say much more but hey, wouldn't surprise me if that was the case!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hbomberguy posted:

For context British truck stops are tuxedo and top hat affairs for smoking pipes and reading the paper with a fire place, Persian rugs, brandy decanters and other fine furnishings. Nothing like American truck stops.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

It's kind of hard to track down details on Garrett's stuff anymore because he ghosted on like everything.

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

That's really too bad. This lefty really liked his videos.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

What where you doing in a truck stop bathroom at 3am hbomb

Truck stop bathrooms are horrible.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He did get locked in a bathroom recently.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Yeah Garrett owned. Shaun's kind of taking up that slack, but I really like the thorough fact-checking and debunking stuff and there needs to be more of it. Even though it doesn't fit with optimized YouTube revenue models or whatever.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TheMaestroso posted:

Search channels for "shaun" and you'll find a charming skull with sunglasses. That's him.

Turns out, this did indeed work. I genuinely expected youtube to just throw a million heavy rain videos at me.

Trojan Kaiju posted:

Formerly Shaun and Jen, now the channel is literally just Shaun.

He's a person like HBomb and Contra that has done a lot of talking about right-wing youtube personalities and why they're bad and wrong. He also contributes to the "Why CinemaSins is bad" dialogue. His approach tends to be straightforward, not comedic like HBomb or artsy like Contra, but instead either point-counterpoint or straight up lecture. He's also started to delve into specific events and explaining the misconceptions around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqCCx4wj79o

I kind of like his voice and enjoy these videos.

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
Out of curiosity, whatever happened to Jen?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

She's still around, she's on their twitch streams often enough and stuff, she just dipped out of the youtube videos I guess.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Arcsquad12 posted:

He did get locked in a bathroom recently.

Salt Cures Ham's legacy lives on.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Nuebot posted:

I kind of like his voice and enjoy these videos.

Shaun's perfect for these vids because his soothing, calm voice wryly reciting facts is wonderful balm after listening to clips of Molyneux being smug and punchable. He's very nice before bed listening, despite the subject matter.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Yardbomb posted:

She's still around, she's on their twitch streams often enough and stuff, she just dipped out of the youtube videos I guess.

I think Shaun mentioned in a Q&A video that she wasn't interested in the increasingly political direction? Not as in upset with it or anything, just as in she didn't really care about it so she bowed out of the channel stuff, stuck with the gaming stuff and illustrating.

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
IT'S loving CHRISTMAS GUYS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru4jsxzndoo

OH MY GOD ALL MY WISHES HAVE COME TRUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXqdEnXmmic

YES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsi5avAm7cg

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!! :unsmigghh:

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I don't mind Linkara's story lines and skits as much as some, but I don't think I could take several hours straight of them.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Mischalaniouse posted:

I don't mind Linkara's story lines and skits as much as some, but I don't think I could take several hours straight of them.

Rap Critic, ContraPoints and Hbomb have always been the only people who's skits didn't make my butthole turn into displeased Kermit so much that I inverted myself.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Sarcopenia posted:

Rap Critic, ContraPoints and Hbomb have always been the only people who's skits didn't make my butthole turn into displeased Kermit so much that I inverted myself.

You should probably go see a doctor if your butthole is green and also a talking frog puppet

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Jenny Nicholson has a take on Justice League:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFK7oWLWapc

Also, more Dingo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEYTjTUZ_w4

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It tickles me when one of my irl acquaintances sees a video from here. One buddy just came across Hbomb's Virtue Signaling episode and sparked a minor Facebook derail by people offended by the term.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Puppy Time posted:

Jenny Nicholson has a take on Justice League:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFK7oWLWapc

Good vid

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I wasn't expecting this from HBomb... huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnPOQr1pxY8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Dragonatrix posted:

I wasn't expecting this from HBomb... huh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnPOQr1pxY8

I watched it when he put it up early for patrons and it's very good, a must-watch if you enjoy HBomb or retro gaming.

• Locked thread