Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

nine-gear crow posted:

Also the Arrowverse has three Supermen in it... thus far.

And three Supergirls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
And as someone else pointed out, Three John super heroes, oddly enough none of which are coming to the big party.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can't think of the 3rd John for the life of me.

Diggle could make sense if he's dealing with some fallout of his nerve damage/drug use. I assume there's some explanation for why he doesn't show up at Barry's wedding.

And J'onn never leaves the DEO unless he absolutely has to. And its not like he knows Barry and Iris anyway. Alex is probably Kara's +1.

The thing I find funny is I'm pretty sure I saw Wally at the rehearsal dinner but he doesn't seem to get invited to the party. I'm curious if there's an explanation for that. I'm hopeful it involves him getting lost on the Waverider.

Also, I know people are focused on the Sara/Alex scenes but I just love that Alex has apparently been upgraded to full hero status. She has to complete her Diggle journey and come up with a name.

Yes, I've watched that thing like 6 times and shown it to a bunch of people and gotten at least one "wow" and can not wait.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

howe_sam posted:

I mean hell, Supergirl in some ways did a better version of the Batman/Superman fight in BvS, when Kara fought the Myriad controlled Alex.

And when Kara fought Daxamite-controlled Superman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Diggle could make sense if he's dealing with some fallout of his nerve damage/drug use. I assume there's some explanation for why he doesn't show up at Barry's wedding.

Ollie's the Arrow again so something probably puts John on the shelf a bit.

Gotta get those time off episodes in to save budget.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Lotta people ITT forgetting about the first fight that brought it all together: Barry vs Oliver :colbert:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aphrodite posted:

Ollie's the Arrow again so something probably puts John on the shelf a bit.

Well that could just be a temporary thing. He's at Barry's wedding, Nazis from another planet attack, Alien Nazi Invasion probably counts as a good enough reason to break your promise to your kid and risk the FBI noticing.

But Diggle's absence does seem to suggest we're getting a resolution this week.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

And J'onn never leaves the DEO unless he absolutely has to. And its not like he knows Barry and Iris anyway.

He met them when he went to Earth-1 with Mon-El last season.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Well that could just be a temporary thing. He's at Barry's wedding, Nazis from another planet attack, Alien Nazi Invasion probably counts as a good enough reason to break your promise to your kid and risk the FBI noticing.

But Diggle's absence does seem to suggest we're getting a resolution this week.

Yeah but he seems to have his gear there too.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

howe_sam posted:

He met them when he went to Earth-1 with Mon-El last season.

Ah, true. Forgot that. My bad.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but he seems to have his gear there too.

I assume that if Oliver doesn't carry a collapsable bow with him at all times Felicity does. Just in case. Or Cisco had a new design he wanted to give him or something.

But I'm just playing devil's advocate. Its plausible that there's a logical explanation for why Oliver is Green Arrow here even if he hasn't returned to the role by next week. But as said, Diggle not being there makes the alternative more likely.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Nov 21, 2017

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

I assume that if Oliver doesn't carry a collapsable bow with him at all times Felicity does. Just in case. Or Cisco had a new design he wanted to give him or something.

But I'm just playing devil's advocate. Its plausible that there's a logical explanation for why Oliver is Green Arrow here even if he hasn't returned to the role by next week. But as said, Diggle not being there makes the alternative more likely.

There’s a brief shot of Diggle on the ground knocked out. So it’s possible that Digg gets tooled by the Nazis early on when everyone else is at the wedding and is out of the fight for most of the crossover, so that’s why Oliver has to step up and become the Green Arrow again very briefly. Thus freeing David Ramsey up to film stuff for actual Arrow episodes while everyone else was filming the crossover.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I can't think of the 3rd John for the life of me.

Constantine

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Last year's crossover was a helluva good time. The final fight against the dominator is kinda dinky, but all the interactions were great.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Scyantific posted:

Lotta people ITT forgetting about the first fight that brought it all together: Barry vs Oliver :colbert:

I never forget that awesome fight. It ended in a "tie" (Ollie loving wrecked Barry's poo poo, actually).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

bentacos posted:

Constantine

Ahh, I was thinking maybe Jay Garrick. Who is also "notably" absent from the massive teamup if you're just counting any prominent one like Constantine and Mari. And Jay actually should have gotten an invite to Barry's wedding. It would be weird if he invited Constantine.

I thought of Jay when I was thinking about how at some point Cisco must have vibed over to Supergirl's Earth to deliver her invitation, then popped over to Earth 2 for Harry and Jesse (who is also MIA), and then over to tell Gypsy, and presumably stopped in to give one to Jay. He must just be busy with Justice Society business.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

STAC Goat posted:

A collapsible bow sure. Where is getting the arrows from?

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Arrowforce.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

V-Men posted:

A collapsible bow sure. Where is getting the arrows from?

Nanites... courtesy of Ray Palmer!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Narcissus1916 posted:

Last year's crossover was a helluva good time. The final fight against the dominator is kinda dinky, but all the interactions were great.

I unapolgetically loved last year's crossover and everything about it, including Diggle shin kicking aliens

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I hope they don't try to make the episodes as single-show-contained as last year. Oliver telling Supergirl to gtfo of his episode was the dumbest poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Although that ended up being the best of the 3 (.05 if you count Supergirl.)

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

nooneofconsequence posted:

I hope they don't try to make the episodes as single-show-contained as last year. Oliver telling Supergirl to gtfo of his episode was the dumbest poo poo.

It led to Flash and Supergirl completely beating down and no selling some tier 4 villain so it was worth it

That and the arrow alley-oop stab movie

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I don't entirely get why Earth X has to be the 53rd. Does the Arrowverse writing crew really have 52 other designated Earth's? Can I see their work? Please?

52 has been a DC obsession since The New 52 came out. I assume BUT THERE'S A 53rd EARTH!!! is a dramatic conceit.

Plus it makes sense, no one wants to talk about Nazis winning :(

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

nooneofconsequence posted:

Someone above mentioned it was filmed as one solid movie and is being broken up into two 2-hour segments spread out across Monday and Tuesday using the time slots of all 4 shows.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Chokes McGee posted:

52 has been a DC obsession since The New 52 came out. I assume BUT THERE'S A 53rd EARTH!!! is a dramatic conceit.

Plus it makes sense, no one wants to talk about Nazis winning :(

I'm not sure about there only being 52 earths in the comics, but I'm pretty sure that 52 has been a reoccurring number in DC for quite a while before the New 52.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its not the number 52 that weirds me out. Its why you'd set a number and then break it unless you actually had 52 slots already filled and need a 53rd. Its odd.

But yeah, I get "dramatic conceit". Its just still kind of weird, especially in a format like this where we have like 10 or 15 slots filled out max and are never going to get to 52.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aquasnake posted:

I'm not sure about there only being 52 earths in the comics, but I'm pretty sure that 52 has been a reoccurring number in DC for quite a while before the New 52.

Yes, it’s the New 52 because there was already a 52 before it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Aquasnake posted:

To my recollection, it was only after "52" series that they sorta had a fixation on 52. After 52, it was revealed that the multiverse had returned with 52 Earths (previously the multiverse was straight up gone). Then they had the New 52 reboot with 52 different publications.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

Its not the number 52 that weirds me out. Its why you'd set a number and then break it unless you actually had 52 slots already filled and need a 53rd. Its odd.

But yeah, I get "dramatic conceit". Its just still kind of weird, especially in a format like this where we have like 10 or 15 slots filled out max and are never going to get to 52.

The impression I got is yeah, there are actually 53 earths, but nobody likes talking about nazi earth so everyone just ignores it and says there are 52 earths.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's just a silly reveal because there's no significance to the 52 to the other characters.

The only reason they know that number is the Earth 2 Harry version of Wells said it once. It's not like the comics where they've shown the orrery of worlds and we know there's higher dimensional beings who monitor them.

All it means is that Harry decided to conceal Nazi Earth from everyone for some reason.

Xelkelvos posted:

To my recollection, it was only after "52" series that they sorta had a fixation on 52. After 52, it was revealed that the multiverse had returned with 52 Earths (previously the multiverse was straight up gone). Then they had the New 52 reboot with 52 different publications.

Yeah, basically.

52 was a weekly release, which on the surface is where the name came from. It was supposed to cover a 1 year time skip the comics had taken after Infinite Crisis that condensed the whole multiverse into one, week by week. That skip included stuff like the Trinity giving up superheroing and other major changes.

Instead of covering what Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman did during that year like everyone expected though it mostly did its own thing with Booster Gold and some other B and C listers, but it was really good.

The reveal at the end was there wasn't a condensed multiverse after all, but 52 alternate universes.

DC continues to use 52 as a significant number, not as a coincidence but with the implication it's a special cosmic number and occurs naturally frequently.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 22, 2017

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

This FBI plotline is so loving bad.

10 points to whoever called Felicity spine implant being used for Diggle's shakey hands.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
I think I missed something

When Oliver first visits Diggle at the hospital Diggle explains that Curtis's magic science injection thing they used on Felicity's spine didn't work well enough and that Diggle has permanent damage and if he ends up going out in the field again he could end up permanently paralyzed.

But then at the end Oliver goes to him and says "Well I'll fill in as the Arrow again for the next couple weeks but I'm only doing it for a short time until YOU get better and get back out there as the TRUE Green Arrow!"

I'm assuming that there must have missed a scene I missed where Curtis said that he reconfigured the magic science medical doohickey and that now it can solve all of Diggle's problems.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh yeah there was a new episode last night :doh:

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

This FBI plotline is so loving bad.

10 points to whoever called Felicity spine implant being used for Diggle's shakey hands.

I think that's 10 points for just about everyone, then.

Yeah, I'd like to see Oliver out and fighting again. I want the show about the Green Arrow loving poo poo up and serving generous portions of justice to criminals the police can't/won't touch. I want insane stunts and crazy, almost inhuman archery that can only be performed by someone who has spent five years in hell while using every waking second to prepare for revenge against those who has failed his city.

I don't want a show about an elected politician under FBI investigation who's also struggling to adapt to life as a parent on the side.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Why did Diggle the highly trained, elite soldier need to have thermo-baric bomb explained to him?

Also that cut to Billy Joel was unexpected.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
What sort of monster disrupts a Billy Joel concert?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Lord Bude posted:

What sort of monster disrupts a Billy Joel concert?

Russians.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bbf2 posted:

I think I missed something

When Oliver first visits Diggle at the hospital Diggle explains that Curtis's magic science injection thing they used on Felicity's spine didn't work well enough and that Diggle has permanent damage and if he ends up going out in the field again he could end up permanently paralyzed.

But then at the end Oliver goes to him and says "Well I'll fill in as the Arrow again for the next couple weeks but I'm only doing it for a short time until YOU get better and get back out there as the TRUE Green Arrow!"

I'm assuming that there must have missed a scene I missed where Curtis said that he reconfigured the magic science medical doohickey and that now it can solve all of Diggle's problems.

Nope Digg just seems fine with the risk.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Those steroids got Digg lookin' good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't have a problem with the FBI story or Oliver taking a backseat. I think they've done good stuff with it. My only problem is that the FBI agent has been way too villainous, but she went far enough over the top this episode taunting Oliver about his kid and with the implied coordination with Cayden James' setup that it seems like a lock that she's actually part of Cayden's conspiracy.

Also, with her namedropping Roy and insisting she had secret evidence and some little dude showing up in a mask alongside Black Siren I got some worried vibes about further conspirators.

I'm glad Thea's awake. Even though they also laid it on a bit thick that that timing was a little suspicious too. But I don't own a tinfoil hat good enough to figure out why that could be a thing.

Aphrodite posted:

Nope Digg just seems fine with the risk.

Yeah, it was a matter of the flow of that conversation, and the conversations in the episode as a whole. Diggle reveals his increased nerve damage which leads Oliver to feel guilty that he "pushed" him into it by asking him to be Green Arrow. Diggle confesses that it was selfish on his part because he wants to be Green Arrow and wasn't doing it for Oliver at all. The implication is that Diggle remains resolute that being Green Arrow is what he wants regardless of the risk.

Also, I don't think he said it was "permanent" and I think the key was Curtis kept saying he used the "prototype" he developed for Felicity. So the solution is still probably going to be a 3rd version of Curtis' tech (the 2nd being what's in Felicity) that heals Digg and becomes the thing Helix is built on.