Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

dont even fink about it posted:

https://www.politico.com/states/new...resigned-120432

How do Democrats ever win elections? Do you see Republicans commenting to disagree on lovely Reagan things when prompted (lol at them even being asked). Do De Blasio and Gillibrand now want to send back the Clintonite money that they are getting to this day? Maybe someone should ask them and see.

I mean set aside the substance of the question and ask yourself if someone trying to accomplish something of substance in this country as a Democrat should even be talking about it.

What kind of horrible person do you have to be to want to vote Democratic but refuse because Democrats start to come to terms with our rapist former leaders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Covok posted:

Everyone here is really overreacting to this news.

If there was one thing I've learned from the hilariously tonedeaf #notallmen garbage, it was that the men terrified of women speaking out are almost always men trying to hide something.

NothingMatters
Nov 17, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

dont even fink about it posted:

https://www.politico.com/states/new...resigned-120432

How do Democrats ever win elections? Do you see Republicans commenting to disagree on lovely Reagan things when prompted (lol at them even being asked). Do De Blasio and Gillibrand now want to send back the Clintonite money that they are getting to this day? Maybe someone should ask them and see.

I mean set aside the substance of the question and ask yourself if someone trying to accomplish something of substance in this country as a Democrat should even be talking about it.

Like I said earlier in this thread. They are being pushed by the existing narrative of sexual harassment by people of power.

Good amount of the people here talking about horrible men are with sexual harassment probably defended Clinton back then.

There are very few in the world with clean hands when it comes to this stuff as much as certain people would like to believe it to be true. All humans are enablers for humanities wickedness because we are inherently all humans.

Jesus said "let he who is without sin throw the first stone."

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
We are living the sex trolley problem.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

NothingMatters posted:

Like I said earlier in this thread. They are being pushed by the existing narrative of sexual harassment by people of power.

Good amount of the people here talking about horrible men are with sexual harassment probably defended Clinton back then.

There are very few in the world with clean hands when it comes to this stuff as much as certain people would like to believe it to be true. All humans are enablers for humanities wickedness because we are inherently all humans.

The scales fall from the eye and the mask comes off.

Also, I was like four years old when that happened. The only thing I was defending at that point in time was how much better Digimon was than Pokemon, which is still true: Digimon is a lot better.

Edit: I'm saying that NothingMatters is a rape apologist and likely committed rape himself.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Y’all need to find Jesus and let him kick the poo poo out of you.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

NothingMatters posted:

...In the context of saving a woman from being stoned to death for adultry by calling out her accusers.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Biden has always been a far too handsy center right politician who just happened to like cars and knew how to connect to rural and blue collar people at times.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

So which rereg is nothing matters?

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.
Anyways definitely a special election, just a quick look at the law suggests the Gov is required to call a special election even if the replacement will only be sitting for a few months before the general election.

So unless he resigns in like August there would be a special election.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

stone cold posted:

>The Groper

:manning:

lol yeah I was an edgy xboxlive shithead teenager ten years ago alright

Anyway most likely people that were gunning for that seat next year:

Ian Conyers - rather young State Senator, John Conyers' grand nephew, maybe not happening if Conyers steps down. Grew a dumb little mustache and now looks like some historical variety of douchebag.

Rashida Talib- Former State House Rep, idk much about her but apparently good progressive bonafides, would be nice to see a woman replace ol grabby

and David Knezek - also young State Senator who got elected the same year he got back from his second tour of duty, go murrica

e; I would very much like to run myself on the promise of destroying the auto industry and revitalizing our nations trains, someone help me start a gofundme

Car Hater fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Nov 21, 2017

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ephori posted:

the sex trolley problem

Mods. MODS!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

farraday posted:

Anyways definitely a special election, just a quick look at the law suggests the Gov is required to call a special election even if the replacement will only be sitting for a few months before the general election.

So unless he resigns in like August there would be a special election.

Less than that-when McCotter resigned they ended up having the special election the same day as the general election, so the replacement only ended up serving for six weeks.

NothingMatters
Nov 17, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Acebuckeye13 posted:

...In the context of saving a woman from being stoned to death for adultry by calling out her accusers.

Exactly.

Covok posted:

The scales fall from the eye and the mask comes off.

Edit: I'm saying that NothingMatters is a rape apologist and likely committed rape himself.

Not in the least. There is no apology for rape. But we're not talking about rape right now we're talking about sexual harrasment in the workplace which is even separate from sexual assault - which Roy Moore did do.

You have to realize there's a big step up from each of these: sexual harassment in public to sexual harrasment in the workplace to sexual harrasment by someone in power in the workplace to sexual assault and rape.

Of the least of these Sexual Harrasment in public and the workplace a lot of people are guilty of partaking in.

Not me though. Not that specific crime. But I won't claim I'm perfect.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

jesus loving christ

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/status/932785546077921280?s=17

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

your that surprised?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

your that surprised?

unfortunately, no

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I think the way sexual assault is handled in DC should be reformed.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

NothingMatters posted:

America is over.

something tells me you are not a useful contributor

maybe it's the username

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Gaunab posted:

I think the way sexual assault is handled in DC should be reformed.

Abort all sexual assaulters.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

America isn't over, our true nature is just coming out.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Mustached Demon posted:

So which rereg is nothing matters?

Mine, I'm arguing with and insulting him to conceal our similarities.

And I myself am a TobleroneTriangular rereg, after a frontal lobotomy destroyed almost all of my artistic ability. :negative:

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
are we pretending that rich and powerful men taking sexual advantage of women is a new, American-only concept?

because that's a pretty dumb form of American exceptionalism

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

E: removed link, that was referring to a different program. Still lovely though.

El Mero Mero fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Nov 21, 2017

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

wikipedia posted:

In a 2014 Kansas City Star opinion piece entitled "What's the matter with Paul Krugman?" Moore responded to Krugman's opinion piece entitled "Charlatans, Cranks and Kansas."[14][15] In his piece, Moore claimed that job creation had been superior in low-taxation states during the five years following the recession ending June 2009. After substantial factual errors were uncovered in Moore's opinion piece, the Kansas City Star indicated that it would no longer print Moore's work without "thorough factchecking."

Steve Moore is an absolute dipshit and CNN needs to stop having him on. Erin Burnett is particularly guilty.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Unoriginal Name posted:

He reads like MIGF

no he doesn't, y'all weirdos accuse everyone you don't like of being MIGF apparently

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

GreyjoyBastard posted:

no he doesn't, y'all weirdos accuse everyone you don't like of being MIGF apparently
my imaginary ex-girlfriend

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I'm starting to think my credentials of being really good at Quake2 and never committing sexual assault could be the grounds for a successful senate run.

NothingMatters
Nov 17, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Withnail posted:

I'm starting to think my credentials of being really good at Quake2 and never committing sexual assault could be the grounds for a successful senate run.

Video games cause school violence remember?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/932825195877945344

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What in the hell. One thousand five hundred posts about nothing but rape. This is a ridiculous race to the bottom of who is the most pure person that has never hurt anybody ever while burning down anybody and everything in the name of absolute purity. Gleefully joining the right wing witch hunt that make McCarthy a friendly pat on the back.

Here is Donald grasping defeat from what little victory he had.

quote:

Donald Trump says he should have left US basketball players in Chinese prison

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2017/11/20/donald-trump-says-left-us-basketball-players-chinese-prison/

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

quote:

Elizabeth Warren Dodges Question On Whether Al Franken Should Resign Over Harassment Allegations

On Monday night, Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) appeared on The Late Show and was asked about what should happen to her colleague Sen. Al Franken (D-MN), who has been dogged with sexual harassment accusations.

During her second segment of her interview, Stephen Colbert brought up the national conversation of sexual harassment and how Franken, who he said he “long admired” both as a comedian and as a politician, was swept up in recent allegations.

“People are calling on Al Franken to step down, do you think he should?” Colbert asked.

Despite give a very lengthy response, she didn’t exactly answer the question.

“I was just enormously disappointed about this,” Warren began. “I knew Sen. Franken long before he was Sen. Franken and his wife Franni. These allegations are serious, and women have a right to be heard and listened to on this. Al is going to be subjected to a hearing in the United States Senate and an investigation. We have had, for a long time now in the Senate, long before I got there, a bipartisan ethics committee that meets on a regular basis, and he’s going to go in and answer.”

She then went on to address the culture of “famous men” as a whole without circling back to his question.

Colbert then moved on to her position on GOP Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore and whether or not he should be expelled if he were elected.

“We’re not there yet,” she responded. “We’re still pre-election and I think we have a really good candidate on the Democratic side and the people of Alabama need to get out there an I hope they support that Democratic candidate.”

Watch the clip above, via CBS.
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/elizabeth-warren-dodges-question-on-whether-al-franken-should-resign-over-harassment-allegations/

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

oohhboy posted:

What in the hell. One thousand five hundred posts about nothing but rape. This is a ridiculous race to the bottom of who is the most pure person that has never hurt anybody ever while burning down anybody and everything in the name of absolute purity. Gleefully joining the right wing witch hunt that make McCarthy a friendly pat on the back.

What goddamn world are you living in where victims of sexual assault finally having the courage to come forward and change the conversation around the issue is equivalent to or worse than the communism witch hunt?

oh, right. men's america.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/VicBergerIV/status/932846789434232832

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Franken should step down, the Dems can run a strong campaign to find a replacement next election with the motto "Win one for The Gripper".

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's probably reasonable for him to fear that someone will see that headline, get confused, and think Weird Al is now another accused perp.

I thought we all just took for granted that Weird Al's walk-in-closet was stacked to the knees in skeletons.

This whole famous people are predators thing is starting to look like trial scene at the end of Monstrous Regiment. But in a not funny way.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Eox posted:

What goddamn world are you living in where victims of sexual assault finally having the courage to come forward and change the conversation around the issue is equivalent to or worse than the communism witch hunt?

oh, right. men's america.

Washington froze on the Delaware river to protect my God-given right to grab boob and rear end.

It's in the constitution, the Blessings of Liberty was the favored boob-euphemism of the time, and it's my constitutional right to Secure them.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

We don't deserve Vic Berger.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Here is a picture of a massive cell phone to go along with Baked Alaska's latest massive self-own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

oohhboy posted:

Here is Donald grasping defeat from what little victory he had.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2017/11/20/donald-trump-says-left-us-basketball-players-chinese-prison/

mmmm

this concern troll

• Locked thread