Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I’m staggered that this is something that needs to be said aloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nilbop posted:

I’m staggered that this is something that needs to be said aloud.
For a long time, the N and F words were regular everyday insults on SA, and a lot of folks thought nothing of it. A lot of folks got woken up to the fact that these words have more to them than just "edginess" within the last ten years.

So much so that when lowtax made an announcement banning the use of them, people lashed back disturbingly hard to it. So really, it's not surprising at all that there is a disproportionately ignorant amount of people still around on the internet.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

HGH posted:

In light of some of the "jokes" I often see here, Woolie has something to say.

I'll be honest, I made a few Woolie SO WHITE jokes (never AT Woolie, mostly irl and maybe here once or twice), and at the time I felt I wasn't making fun of Woolie but the idea of whiteness/blackness being so arbitrary, via the medium of Woolie. It didn't occur to me that Woolie would have heard that said seriously throughout his life, and how that affects the context of the joke, and now I feel a bit lovely. Message received, Darlington.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Matt's thoughts and prayers joke in the new Silent Hill was great

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There's no night video, but Paige is currently celebrating the murder of many women on her stream

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

What?

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
The dream is dead (not that it ever lived). Pat should've kept doubling down on that bet.

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/932366023457513472

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Liam was a coward for giving up the bet, that running gag at the end year Friendcast was amazing :colbert:.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Liam didn't give up, he was willing to reup every year, pat just opted to collect instead of double or nothing again.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Liam offered to pay up in an incredibly lovely way that meant he wouldn't actually have to pay up, as an excuse to not concede anything.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Liam offered to pay up in an incredibly lovely way that meant he wouldn't actually have to pay up, as an excuse to not concede anything.

Yup, that was Liam at his pettiest, over a whopping $80 dollars.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Hey, he paid him in the only currency that actually matters, the American Dollar.

(I think he ended up paying the bet off regardless)

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

hoobajoo posted:

Yup, that was Liam at his pettiest, over a whopping $80 dollars.

With that much money you could buy a kings banquet at five guys. Pat needed that money more than you could fathom.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Pat and Matt only today, aka Pat is going to destroy all the electronics by the end of the podcast

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Man, Pat must be loving this part of The Evil Within 2.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Appreciating this chill PC-98 traveling music in Jack & Casie.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
pats arms being too short to complete an escape room puzzle is one of the most pat things

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Depths posted:

pats arms being too short to complete an escape room puzzle is one of the most pat things

Having recently set-up an escape room in our office that’s just a failure on the organizer.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The world is extremely oppressive towards us short people. I feel you, Pat.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

"I'm on trial for being a Dwarf." - Tyrion Lannister (taller than Pat)

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Dias posted:

low 5 short buddy

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Dias posted:

:same:

Also, nothing like a Star Trek derail not what, 10 minutes into the podcast?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Man I thought there were posts in here but I can't read anything way up here at my eye level.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Dias posted:

5'3'' here. I wouldn't call sometimes inconvenienced, sometimes considered unattractive, "extremely oppressive".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You guys need to speak up, it's hard to hear you up here at the 6'4" level.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

I keep getting these unread post notifications, think we've got another broken thread :v:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Neo_Crimson posted:

5'3'' here. I wouldn't call sometimes inconvenienced, sometimes considered unattractive, "extremely oppressive".

Another issue with being short is that sometimes jokes fly over your head way too easy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

Calm down dammit, you're making us 6'3"ers look bad. :(

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Neo_Crimson posted:

You live longer than giants like me though, so shorter people get the last laugh. Not Pat though, he'll die at 49 of a chocolate-and-red-bull induced heart attack.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
what's even the point of living when you're 5'4"

there's even a song about that

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

this blue omen game looks loving awesome

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Oxyclean posted:

Also, nothing like a Star Trek derail not what, 10 minutes into the podcast?

I never get tired of them bullshiting about Star trek. :allears:

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rhonne posted:

I never get tired of them bullshiting about Star trek. :allears:

I could totally do with Matt and Pat doing a star trek podcast where they just go through all of Star Trek season by season.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Soooooo

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/11/21/takara-tomy-transformers-x-capcom-street-fighter-figures-clear-images-353896

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

When asked about the finale to the Utena movie, director Kunihiko Ikuhara said, "I always wanted to see a beautiful girl turn into a car."

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I love how Pat got instantly proven wrong about there being more enemies in that new area, he also lucked through the mirror puzzle without knowing it :v:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Rodyle posted:

this blue omen game looks loving awesome

We always need more games rippin' off Mario & Luigi.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I would like to think that this would make them more excited, even with their fighting game bias:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_CqL310V0E

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah. That dinobot's a work of art, both visually and engineering-wise. That it manages to pull off both modes near-perfectly (aside from some unfortunately visible robot bits on the raptor butt) considering that the actual show transformation is literally impossible(dinobot essentially turns inside out when he transforms on the show, with multiple parts of his body clipping into itself), it's really amazing. All three of the beast wars masterpieces are. And the rumored next one is...megatron himself. Though I'd take a masterpiece rattrap in a heartbeat too.

The only problem is that price. 28,000 yen, yeesh. Cheetor is like 80 bucks, and Optimus primal is like 125 I think. I hope that price is like, a case of two or something, but considering the size of mp dinobot, it might actually be like 200-250 bucks.