Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Moist von Lipwig posted:

sub perceptual just means you don't get the typical suite of psychedelic effects though, just a mood boost.

it's dumb as poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

echinopsis posted:

years ago i had thre idea of microdosing without having heard of it first. just I guess coz I thought about drugs so much.
I wanted to do this with mescaline coz ya can just grow it. and maybe idk encapsulate it and just have a cap a day

same, except 2ci dissolved in water (and a very small amount of vodka and vinegar as preservatives.
i did it wrong though because 2mg was still enough to experience some psychedelic effects.
i got to work and when i was focused on the SQL code the tabs would sometimes move around in my periphery and it was distracting.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
lol that dude is taking lithium and ssris voluntarily, drugs that most psychiatric patients would gladly give up

I just assume he’s taking russian placebos and any effect he perceives is psychosomatic at this point

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
that was spaceclown, a documented Dumb Motherfucker

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

SO DEMANDING posted:

reminds me of this guy

50mg of speed is an absolute poo poo-ton. At that point you're basically just tweaked out and anything else you take on top of that is just icing on the cake.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

echinopsis posted:

i know

I just have a problem with the word. subperceptual should mean "below perceptual", in which case you shouldnt be able to perceive it. but they can, they can tell they're on it, its more like "barelyperceptul" but losers gonna lose

Yeah, we are changing the official documentation about it in this round of study. Wasn't a good term. Sorry. :science:

Cazlab posted:

same, except 2ci dissolved in water (and a very small amount of vodka and vinegar as preservatives.
i did it wrong though because 2mg was still enough to experience some psychedelic effects.
i got to work and when i was focused on the SQL code the tabs would sometimes move around in my periphery and it was distracting.

2mg of 2ci should be a visually perceptible dose. If you want to try microdosing, try lower than that. 1/20th of a dose is a good starting point.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Nov 20, 2017

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Improbable Lobster posted:

it's dumb as poo poo

care to explain why?

e: not sure if you mean microdosing in general or that spaceclown guy 'cause he really is dumb as poo poo

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Cazlab posted:

the 2c's aren't really ideal for microdosing because of the short duration, IMO

gotta go with a DOx for that

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Moist von Lipwig posted:

the 2c's aren't really ideal for microdosing because of the short duration, IMO

gotta go with a DOx for that

yeah, we've talked about this but i wonder if its the specific receptor action with lsd/psilocybin that's causing the cumulative effects. unclear.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

he linked his instagram so this is okay:

get a load of human 2.0 everyone

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbaWuLsFMSt/?taken-by=sergefaguet

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

he looks like a cleaned-up tweaker, yep

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

quote:

I expect that even without major medical progress, I will be in excellent mental/physical condition at 100 and will live longer than any human who has ever lived as of 2017. With tech progress, it seems likely that immortality is reachable.

yeah i'm done

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

WrenP-Complete posted:

yeah, we've talked about this but i wonder if its the specific receptor action with lsd/psilocybin that's causing the cumulative effects. unclear.

maybe tryptamine are more conducive to microdosing????

wonder if anyone's done mescaline. I feel like out of all the phenethylamines I'd expect that one or DOC/DOM to work best but I couldn't say why.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
some of you microdosing shits should send me your lsd

Moist von Lipwig posted:

care to explain why?

e: not sure if you mean microdosing in general or that spaceclown guy 'cause he really is dumb as poo poo

microdosing so that you can make your boss more money is loving dumb

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Moist von Lipwig posted:

wonder if anyone's done mescaline. I feel like out of all the phenethylamines I'd expect that one or DOC/DOM to work best but I couldn't say why.

yeah we have a couple mescaline reports but not enough for statistical significance yet.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

carry on then posted:

yeah i'm done

ahaha

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

Moist von Lipwig posted:

my thinking was i have adhd, and phenethylamines are structurally similar to amphetamine, but i hate adderall, and i happened to have a poo poo ton of 2ci.
yeah shoulda gone way lower.
the timing makes sense though.
a DOx scares me.
back in college my buddy's and i got some "lsd" that was not. it was DOB.
so three hours of nothing and we're like "whatever, we got screwed," and proceeded to smoke and drink and take some concerta or adderall.
then BAM.
and we tripped for like well into the next day, like it was after lunchtime before things were close to normal and we could sleep.
dumb times, dumb times.

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/iammoshow/status/932473532562292736
so do those shades, man.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

not gonna lie all the black cats ive petted are super chill and fun, shame on people for not wanting chill fun cats

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Agile Vector posted:

not gonna lie all the black cats ive petted are super chill and fun, shame on people for not wanting chill fun cats

amen to that, our sweet boy Simon was the coolest chillest bro, and I still miss him every day

our new boys Bean & Froggey, who have been with us just under a year, are just all around beautiful and awesome too, and delight everyone lucky enough to meet them

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

what are the chances none of these 4 fuckers has ever worked in the service industry

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
400%

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

well yeah, microdosing to help depression or w/e isn't tho

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
was stebe microdosing or just frying constantly?

always wondered what that'd be like long-term

i tend to edge towards paranoia and psychosis so i'd probably burn out and become a street preacher*

*terminology for the purposes ott

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Moist von Lipwig posted:

well yeah, microdosing to help depression or w/e isn't tho

yeah

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I know let's take the best and coolest drug and instead of running around in the woods let's sit at our desks and write some sick angular

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

an economy based on social crypto-cred is literaly the plot of Down and out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow.

please don’t read or take his advice. he wrote maybe the dumbest sci-fi short story about nerds hacking their bodies with Linux and becoming super...and he named the story 0wnz0red:rolleye:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

axolotl farmer posted:

an economy based on social crypto-cred is literaly the plot of Down and out in the Magic Kingdom by Cory Doctorow.

also literally the plot of at least 1 episode of black mirror

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

haveblue posted:

also literally the plot of at least 1 episode of black mirror

yeah, but that was good.

in the Doctorow story it’s a post-scarcity world where “whuffie” has replaced money. and you earn whuffie by writing good blog posts or something.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
a dumb suburban nerd like cory doctorow writing a story about money being replaced by doing the dumb pop culture garbage doctorow likes? wow

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

axolotl farmer posted:

yeah, but that was good.

in the Doctorow story it’s a post-scarcity world where “whuffie” has replaced money. and you earn whuffie by writing good blog posts or something.

whuffie seems like an excellent term for huffing your own farts

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

axolotl farmer posted:

yeah, but that was good.

hmm. what's the current exchange rate between whuffies and forehead marbles

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

axolotl farmer posted:

please don’t read or take his advice. he wrote maybe the dumbest sci-fi short story about nerds hacking their bodies with Linux and becoming super...and he named the story 0wnz0red:rolleye:

yes but he becomes president our future dystopia so it's all good

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bruce sterling's distraction has some interesting [and not twee doctorow bullshit] social currency ideas iirc

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

echinopsis posted:

what are the chances none of these 4 fuckers has ever worked in the service industry

about the same as the odds that any of them have ever been employed in anything other than a summer job

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

axolotl farmer posted:

yeah, but that was good.

also there are 'bio-hacked' furries and the self insertion character is 200 y/o and dating a 22 y/o.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cazlab posted:

also there are 'bio-hacked' furries and the self insertion character is 200 y/o and dating a 22 y/o.

sounds like a larry niven story

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

bruce sterling's distraction has some interesting [and not twee doctorow bullshit] social currency ideas iirc

cuz sterling is a good writer

I just tried reading that doctorow one linked above and jfc it's exhausting just trying to get past the "style"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

• Locked thread