Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I can’t wait for cheap pops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Well, that answers my question regarding how Funko is able to afford to license literally everything ever. Answer: they can't. And are $320 million in debt.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I can't loving wait until that lovely company loving implodes.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
If anyone preordered the Marvel Legends Defenders box set on Amazon, I got a notice it is shipping today and hopefully arriving tomorrow. It was originally scheduled for early December, so that was a pleasant surprise. I'm looking forward to having a Luke Cage figure at last, my buddy is buying the Daredevil and shirtless Iron Fist, and I already have a buyer for Jewel lined up.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Rirse posted:

Considering there is stuff like this, no I don't think they are paying attention.

https://twitter.com/LilFormers/status/928060627280687106

:unsmigghh:

Fuzz posted:

I can't loving wait until that lovely company loving implodes.

High five, comrade.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I better get my Scrooge first at least

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

I better get my Scrooge first at least

But just think, if they somehow manage to go out of business before Xmas, it'd be the ultimate scrooge.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

It's funny you mention that because Uncle Scrooge was the one Funko pop that really tempted me and I came really close to buying it. Because you know, it's motherfucking Uncle Scrooge. He's a mean son of a bitch who swims around in money. He even makes Ric Flair jealous.

Then I remembered it was a Funko pop and I was like "nope, not gonna buy this out of principle."

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I think he’s talking about the figure, which is good!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

Yeah this guy

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Funko made that? Wow. That's actually cool. I call bullshit.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Funko was actually always good!

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Funko was actually always good!

Until they started making poo poo toys and got themselves 320 million dollars in debt.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They’ve been operating under that debt for years, were just hearing about it now since they went public.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If they can pull of a neat Immortan Joe figure, then they have my permission to die:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

If they can pull of a neat Immortan Joe figure, then they have my permission to die:

It will undoubtedly be :mediocre:

Couldn't resist.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

:perfect:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Weren't the Funko 1:12th line garbage? I remember hearing they broke apart so easily.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I got that Firefly Mal figure and was impressed with the face sculpt. Then I dug it out of storage and I was like :wtc: it looks like poo poo.
Glad I never got the rest of them.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Yeah, their 6" figures are huge piles of poo poo.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I too am so annoyed by seeing toys I don’t like I delight in the company’s impending doom.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Agreed. I can't wait for all of their employees to not have jobs because they make children's toys that don't affect me in any way if I just don't buy them!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah, their 6" figures are huge piles of poo poo.

Their Rocketeer figure looked pretty neat, but I've got the 1/6 scale Medicom RAH Rocketeer and he's absolutely perfect, so I didn't see a reason to get another Rocketeer figure.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

I liked wave two of their Game of Thrones line, I had no QC issues

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Weren't the Funko 1:12th line garbage? I remember hearing they broke apart so easily.

I have that figure and he can't hold the gun at all. Like the way the handle and the buttstock are designed it's not possible to hold what with him having a thumb and all.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

Agreed. I can't wait for all of their employees to not have jobs because they make children's toys that don't affect me in any way if I just don't buy them!

BUT THEIR EMPLOYEES KEELED MY FATHA

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Honestly I'd rather they get better overall. Like instead of making mediocre ugly niche crap, they make good niche crap.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

I had a little balloon full of joy because I saw Funko's implosion coming a mile away and people didn't believe me. Then someone had to come in and say "sure is nice for people to lose their jobs" and pop my balloon of gloating with a needle. Thanks, party pooper. Now I feel bad. Hope you're happy. Jerk.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Don't feel bad. You'll never meet them.

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

I mean, they did sell us broken toys...and then required we pay for shipping to get a replacement. Then they went back to their old ways of selling broken figures, despite that lesson.

Anyways, I saw from one of the articles about their botched IPO that they grossed half a billion in sales in a recent year, which is crazy.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
My Marvel Legends Defenders box set arrived today from Amazon! I'm only keeping Luke Cage, but FINALLY, a good Luke Cage figure! I have Daredevil and Iron Fist already packed up to mail to my buddy who split the cost of the set with me, and some guy on the Fwoosh forum called dibs on Jewel over a month back, so I hope he's still good for it.

Xenomrph posted:

Their Rocketeer figure looked pretty neat, but I've got the 1/6 scale Medicom RAH Rocketeer and he's absolutely perfect, so I didn't see a reason to get another Rocketeer figure.

I wanted a good Rocketeer figure since seeing the movie in the summer of 1991, one that fit in with my DC and Marvel figures. The Medicom was never my kind of thing, then the Funko ReAction figure looked crappy even by early '80s Kenner Star Wars figure standards. When they came out with the 6" version in the Legacy line, I was overjoyed, but I heard it was a fragile piece of crap, prone to breaking upon taking it out of the package. A lifelong want I never outgrew wanting (unlike the Pulp Fiction and Fight Club figures I would have loved back in the day but no longer would care about now), and once it got made, it apparently sucked. So disappointing.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hell yes!!

"S.H. Figuarts Star Wars - Darth Maul (Reissue)" shipped

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

My Marvel Legends Defenders box set arrived today from Amazon! I'm only keeping Luke Cage, but FINALLY, a good Luke Cage figure! I have Daredevil and Iron Fist already packed up to mail to my buddy who split the cost of the set with me, and some guy on the Fwoosh forum called dibs on Jewel over a month back, so I hope he's still good for it.

I'm going to get one soon, and I think I'm keeping everything but Iron Fist (sans fist effects). Anybody interested in that as a trade or sale?

Also, does anyone think they'll do a big discount on this 4 Pack for Black Friday? I was surprised to see the Defenders 4 pack released early, and I am extra surprised to see it discounted twice already. I have an Amazon gift card coming the mail, and I keep seeing this thing get cheaper while I wait.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo7-QoQwIQM

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Vintersorg posted:

They absolutely did fall apart in hand. The Lone Wanderer's legs would pop off with the smallest amount of force. His long rifle was so small it looked like a child's BB gun in his hand.

The Power Armor wasn't quite so fragile, but it was horribly proportioned. Head and upper body way too small compared to the legs.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Nov 18, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Answer: they can't. And are $320 million in debt.

Pretty much every company is in debt (and debt can take many forms). For example, Apple is carrying more than $100 billion in debt and it issues $3 billion more like every six months. But Apple is making money hand over fist, and no one screams that Apple is doomed.

I guarantee you that Funko's issue is their debt is tied to royalties, and now that their IPO went over like a wet fart in church, they're going to pull back, aggressively, on their licensing.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Looks like Carnage is next up in the Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech line.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 21, 2017

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Holy poo poo!

EDIT: The hits keep coming, rereleasing a new Premium Color Frieza in April:

http://tamashii.jp/special/dragonball/

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Nov 21, 2017

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Looks like Carnage is next up in the Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech line.

Hell yes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lencho
Mar 16, 2012

I got a new haul from the Netherlands today...

I was too late for Judge Death, but I got both of these at a great price from a store called Mintyfresh. The sculpt on these is absolutely amazing for the scale and the faux vinyl material looks great, but, like with the Dredd figure, it hinders the articulation a little too much. My only real gripe with these is that they didn't use hinges on Judge Fear's helmet and that they feel fragile as hell.