Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What's gonna happen to 4chan 8chan and hatreon once net neutrality is dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Dreddout posted:

Remnants of the HRE

I loved my EUROPEAN HISTORY AS A NOBLE CRUSADER THAT SACKED CONSTANTINOPLE AND LED TO OTTOMAN RULE

ALSO REMOVE KEBAB

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

So what I gather is that Stefan is a self-styled philosopher who is attempting to do philosophy, but has trouble distinguishing between factual and normative statements? Serious question, is he retarded? Next question, why does anyone give a poo poo about this guy?

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Uncle Wemus posted:

What's gonna happen to 4chan 8chan and hatreon once net neutrality is dead
it moves to the darknet, only browsable through a combination of dramamine and special vr headsets

jack-in to sample the fruits of new babylon, brother.

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Tokamak posted:

So what I gather is that Stefan is a self-styled philosopher who is attempting to do philosophy, but has trouble distinguishing between factual and normative statements? Serious question, is he retarded? Next question, why does anyone give a poo poo about this guy?
Yes, and he only has an audience bevause his psuedo-philosophical word salad validates the beliefs of some of the worst people - unlike reality, which challenges them.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
not an argument!!!!

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

heh, pointing out the fourth crusade is an ad hom

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 30 days!)

My favorite bit of Molyneux's libertarian pseudophilosophy is "defooing," which he desperately tries to suppress from his new followers. Basically the idea is that you have no moral obligation to support your parents in their old age, and should just sever completely from them before they become a financial burden.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

My favorite bit of Molyneux's libertarian pseudophilosophy is "defooing," which he desperately tries to suppress from his new followers. Basically the idea is that you have no moral obligation to support your parents in their old age, and should just sever completely from them before they become a financial burden.

coincidentally this is the same thing cult leaders try to do with followers so that they don't have to compete with another authority figure. for people that whine about the death of the traditional family they have no problem embracing it if the family becomes a source of criticism of their views.

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 04:45 on Nov 21, 2017

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Tokamak posted:

like every smoothbrained chud shunned and alone there must be a smart sounding grifter that tells them that they are special and smart

whether its peterson or moleneux one thing is clear

the internet was a mistake

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Consuming mint ice cream is Universally Preferable Behaviour. I can not think of an argument which disproves this, therefore it does not exist, and proves mint ice cream is UPB.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Uranium posted:

heh, pointing out the fourth crusade is an ad hom

DEUS VULT

CHRISTIANITY IS A JEWISH CONSPIRACY

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

whom amongst us would not sack constantinople (not istanbul) to pay back the venetians for a shipping contract?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

quote:

Maybe Trump’s criticism of the media has a point, he now thinks. Perhaps things can get out of context and out of hand.

“I was attacked for something I didn’t believe in,” he said. “It felt like a lot of pressure against me and implying something I didn’t believe in.”

“When I look at all these other activists trying to drum up and get hoopla on policies — it’s hard for me to get behind them because I think, ‘Wait a minute I was targeted,’ ” he added. “Maybe these people are being unfairly targeted. Maybe I need to hear their side of the story more.”

lmfao. the pathetic middling compromiser, more worried about disruption to his day than employing marching confederates.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Top City Homo posted:

I loved my EUROPEAN HISTORY AS A NOBLE CRUSADER THAT SACKED CONSTANTINOPLE AND LED TO OTTOMAN RULE

ALSO REMOVE KEBAB

The rise of the Ottoman's and subsequent curbstomping of Europeans put an end to crusading so if you think about it, Dandelo saved countless Christians from the dying in pointless religious wars.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/11/the-nationalists-delusion/546356/

crossposting from the trump thread. this is a long article, but pretty good at pointing out how we know trump was brought on by a white nationalist sentiment

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Uranium posted:

whom amongst us would not sack constantinople (not istanbul) to pay back the venetians for a shipping contract?

this important question is asked by such luminaries here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsQrKZcYtqg

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Dreddout posted:

The rise of the Ottoman's and subsequent curbstomping of Europeans put an end to crusading so if you think about it, Dandelo saved countless Christians from the dying in pointless religious wars.

too bad imo

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's not like Christians weren't capable of killing each other by the tens of thousands in their own religious wars. Like, they only barely just stopped.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Inescapable Duck posted:

It's not like Christians weren't capable of killing each other by the tens of thousands in their own religious wars. Like, they only barely just stopped.

Statistically speaking, the Muslims were much better at it.

How are you so bad at warfare that it takes 30 years to resolve a loving trade dispute jfc.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxBAZbErGTQ

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Waffle House posted:

ill bet you the word "traps" gets dropped a lot

i used to browse /r9k/ from time to time and they always had a weird relationship to trans women and crossdressers. they basically saw them interchangeably as 'traps' and tended to think either a) 'since i'll never get a real girlfriend a trap is the next best thing' or b) 'traps are preferable to women because women are terrible'

lgbt type trans activism stuff was just as despised as anything else progressive

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

it's friday i'm in love with ice cream

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Stxhexxenhammer, warlock, ancient Rome fetishist, popularizer of Kek meme magic, is trans.

Or is at least a cross-dressing trans chaser. The point is the guy's gonna get torn apart real soon as a deviant by all his fans.

please don't out people. i know she's some kinda nazi or something but that just means if she gets hate-crimed i gotta mourn a fuckin nazi and that would really ruin my week.

also you've done this thing on the trans day of remembrance just to make things worse.

plus the level of internet detective in that picture is deeply deeply creepy.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ijzer posted:

please don't out people. i know she's some kinda nazi or something but that just means if she gets hate-crimed i gotta mourn a fuckin nazi and that would really ruin my week.

also you've done this thing on the trans day of remembrance just to make things worse.

I didn't out anyone.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
you don't get a pass for being a nazi oval office just because you're a transgender nazi oval office, moreso when your public positions are about as anti progressive as it gets.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

ijzer posted:

How many lives has that rear end in a top hat had a hand in ending or ruining, though? It was fellow nazis that did the discovering, and whatever happens will be a direct result of deliberate choices to run with nazis and help nazis.

I’m not concerned with what happens to nazis and I see no more reason to mourn this one than Ernst Rohm. Does that make me a bad person?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

nobody itt is gonna send styx hate mail or out her to family or coworkers. it sucks that nazis are gonna do all that stuff but when you lie down with dogs you wake up with fleas

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

ijzer posted:

I understand where you are coming from here and that you genuinely have good intentions but doxxing has proven itself as one of the most effective methods for dealing with Nazi's and gender identity should not be some sort of special protected status that shields a Nazi from doxxing. You choose to get in the sty with the pigs you can loving deal with the inevitable consequences.

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

Slugnoid posted:

you don't get a pass for being a nazi oval office just because you're a transgender nazi oval office, moreso when your public positions are about as anti progressive as it gets.

tbf my entire context is that picture. i should probably figure out who this person is before i say too much more. i've seen very very similar pictures directed at people i care about which is definitely coloring my reaction.
that said, my assumption is that the picture on the right is this person's public presentation and the picture on the left is private, something they weren't necessarily ready for their friends or family to know about yet. even if they're out it's still pretty bad, if someone started spreading pictures of me from ten years ago i'd be crushed.

i'm not saying being trans gives anyone a pass for being an awful person. that doesn't mean it's right to gleefully point out that someone is trans and act like that makes them being a nazi worse. being a nazi is the problem, being trans on top of that is frankly irrelevant.

Serf
May 5, 2011

isn't being both a nazi and trans sorta being a traitor to your people? as i recall, the nazis didn't exactly look kindly on people who didn't conform

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Serf posted:

isn't being both a nazi and trans sorta being a traitor to your people? as i recall, the nazis didn't exactly look kindly on people who didn't conform

Yeah but we're still in the Pre-Kristalnacht era of 21st century fascism.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Serf posted:

they're a fuzzier more inclusive nazism

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Thanks, a recommended video has this guy talking to a Chilean right-wing creep and kool aid drinker axel kaiser about the pinochet dictatorship. ladeez and gentlement the chilean alt right. same as the old right.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fLhrTA0_j0

the irony is how this is the "untold story" that fascists in chile never shut the gently caress about and will tell you about at the drop of a hat. E.g. this dipshit.

ijzer
Apr 12, 2013

Prester Jane posted:

I understand where you are coming from here and that you genuinely have good intentions but doxxing has proven itself as one of the most effective methods for dealing with Nazi's and gender identity should not be some sort of special protected status that shields a Nazi from doxxing. You choose to get in the sty with the pigs you can loving deal with the inevitable consequences.

i think letting folx know who in their lives are at nazi rallies and getting them fired and ostracized is unambigously Good. i feel deeply uncomfortable about outing anyone as trans. i definitely hear what you're saying, though, and i'm willing to accept that this may be more nuanced than my gut reaction was. i'm going to spend some time looking into this person and thinking about it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

nobody itt is gonna send styx hate mail or out her to family or coworkers. it sucks that nazis are gonna do all that stuff but when you lie down with dogs you wake up with fleas

I wouldn't be so sure. That last phrase has been used to justify some pretty horrible acts to people even suspected of consorting with The Enemy.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

I wouldn't be so sure. That last phrase has been used to justify some pretty horrible acts to people even suspected of consorting with The Enemy.

from what i can tell this person isn't so much consorting with the enemy as they are the actual enemy

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
don't get too hung on up on this guy and people like loomer, they make their own decisions in life. there's no way they'd do what they do, if they weren't literally insane, but it's not your responsibility to fix that.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Inescapable Duck posted:

That last phrase has been used to justify some pretty horrible acts to people even suspected of consorting with The Enemy.

The guy who was the token "outspoken liberal" in my fraternity at college defended Al Awaki (and his son's) assassination that way, while I compared drones to being a high tech discreet version of Nguyen Ngoc Loan with his snub nosed revolver.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I dunno if Styx is a Nazi nazi, but he's an occultist reactionary who likes to put curses on people and popularized Kek meme magic. He's a self-described libertarian, but has also been on Richard Spencer's podcast.

His rationalwiki entry does a pretty good rundown of his basic beliefs. https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Styxhexenhammer666

The short of it is that Styx is a bit more complicated than typical reactionaries, but he draws his pool of fans from that alt-lite alt-right well all the same. I don't keep referring to him as a he to intentionally misgender him, but because I'm not sure if he's actually trans until he confirms it himself. It's more than likely part of a strategy of pursuing trans women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
really, the situation here isn't that much different from the that of the average fascist - in a fascist america, do you think any of these chucklefucks, even if they're white dudes, are going to be on top? No, they're going to be slaving away in the prison camps, with a boot on their neck, because labor rights won't exist

more than anything else, fascism glorifies power, the abuse of power, concentration of power, inequality, etc. it then retroactively legitimizes itself, rewrites history, to fit whatever self-serving goal the people in power want. the people without power, are trash, to be exploited, abused or killed, purely at the discretion of those with power. that's its naked foundation.

some terminally online white dude, convinced that white genocide is around the corner, is not and never will be in a position to benefit from that.

so even if some stupid trans person is patently sticking around people who don't give a poo poo about them, it's not really that different from poor/middle class white dudes agitating for a political ideology where you are superfluous, because you're jealous of how manly black dudes are or whatever

but whatever self-cucking brain disease they have, that compels them to make these terrible decision, ultimately doesn't matter. if they're tragic figures, they're tragic figures wielding a knife, trying to shiv minorities. you don't really have that many choices.