Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Are there alternate tints for the new Christmas skins or is it eye-searing red and green only?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Gobbeldygook posted:

I had a Sonya on warhead junction who declared in draft that they were going to be mercing. They proceeded to literally spend the entire match mercing. Never laned, usually ignored the nukes, just endlessly wandered from camp to camp. We begged them to lane but they ignored us and just kept mercing.
At least he tried to warn you? I guess??

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

floofyscorp posted:

Are there alternate tints for the new Christmas skins or is it eye-searing red and green only?

The latter, I hope.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

$55 I guess. Oh well.

Also, I come from reddit bearing news:

Junkrat and Hanzo can see the wireframe geometry of walls so they can plan bouncing projectiles better!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
That looks like some pretty....

Simple Geometry

:smug:

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Nov 21, 2017

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

There should be an option to turn that on for every hero

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

BrianBoitano posted:

$55 I guess. Oh well.

Also, I come from reddit bearing news:

Junkrat and Hanzo can see the wireframe geometry of walls so they can plan bouncing projectiles better!

That's a pretty sick change, but yeah I agree about wishing that was an option for every hero. That's gonna be great for jumping over those with the tire though

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
When do sales typically go live?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Toshimo posted:

It's a 12% nerf to his overall damage. Not the end of the world.

It is when all he does is damage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Spudd posted:

Oh for gently caress sake I just got the pun as well, Reaper of Solstice.

UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DAD
Honestly that's a way better name. They called it "season's reapings" instead.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

floofyscorp posted:

They all have several variations, including "coal" ones for people who want to channel their inner Krampus. Here's an album with screenshots that someone posted on Reddit: https://imgur.com/a/PKiSJ

I really like the slight darker Santa Malfurion myself, I will definitely be spending some shards on that one.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The blue ones look nice. Moldy gingerboard is extremely gross but seems like a great fit for xmas stitches.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

Also I hope they don't take away the clean Hanzo/Alex load screen too soon, we've had enough bad anime recently. This Christmas theme is nightmare fuel.

If the PTR is any indication we will have this ghastly thing greet us at the end of every game

No Wave posted:

Get ready to stare at this spooky thing for a month:

Henker
May 5, 2009

floofyscorp posted:

Different tints. All the X-Mas skins have an edgy black and red tint called "Coal".

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Cuntellectual posted:

It is when all he does is damage.

All Genji does is damage. They should give him 12% more dps and take away his movement abilities, to bring him in line with old Samuro!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

EdRush posted:

If the PTR is any indication we will have this ghastly thing greet us at the end of every game

This still isn't loading for me.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Kurieg posted:

This still isn't loading for me.

EdRush fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Nov 21, 2017

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Mierenneuker posted:

They all have several variations, including "coal" ones for people who want to channel their inner Krampus. Here's an album with screenshots that someone posted on Reddit: https://imgur.com/a/PKiSJ

I really like the slight darker Santa Malfurion myself, I will definitely be spending some shards on that one.

I want Gumby Nazeebo

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Someone actually tested how long it takes minions to destroy structures with no heroes or enemy minions interfering on PTR vs live and it turns out it's almost exactly the same.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Link to that test?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/7el7xj/ptr_tested_minions_kill_forts_in_about_the_same

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Man, rhegar really need some skins

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I'd like to see the same test but with enemy minions on and a Xul double soaking top and mid on BHB.

Also, through a linked reddit post:

quote:

-On Cursed Hollow and Warhead Junction, capping one boss will despawn the other unless the other has already been aggro'd

So less snowballing but also if you are behind and wipe the enemy you also don't get double boss

Also bosses spawn at 10:00 instead of 5:00 I guess

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I think the bigger issue is that there are massive undocumented changes on the PTR, so don't count on anything until it hits live.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/7ejsh3/ptr_stealth_changes/

On Cursed Hollow and Warhead Junction, capping one boss will despawn the other unless the other has already been aggro'd

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

BrianBoitano posted:

Also bosses spawn at 10:00 instead of 5:00 I guess
I think that is partly to stop a warhead junction strat we saw at HGC where the American's capped a boss at like level 7 and took top keep.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

floofyscorp posted:

what would even be the point of christmas skins if they're not in garish red and green

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Even if you never mess with quick cast otherwise, DO enable it for Alarak's telekinesis. He is 100% unplayable otherwise.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

No Wave posted:

Even if you never mess with quick cast otherwise, DO enable it for Alarak's telekinesis. He is 100% unplayable otherwise.
I had the opposite experience. I play with quickcast on most things but had to set it to cast on release for Alarak's telekinesis to make it usable.

I use cast on release for most vector targeted abilities (rag's meteor thingy), ultimates with huge areas (e.g. rexxar's piggie ultimate, Sindragosa [not that I can remember last time I took it...]), and a random smattering of other abilities like zul'jin's spinning axes.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I would pay money for a dreadlord jaina skin that uses the wings to fly for a mount

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

No Wave posted:

Honestly that's a way better name. They called it "season's reapings" instead.

That's disappointing.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

A blizz guy confirmed in a reddit thread that sonya's poisoned spear is getting nerfed probably before hanzo is released and that Zuljin is getting looked at.

Was doing TL placements and had a Zuljin on my team on Volskaya and it was completely unfair.

Also managed to keep up my TL record this season of 100% Sonya win rate, 0% anyone else win rate.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

No Wave posted:

A blizz guy confirmed in a reddit thread that sonya's poisoned spear is getting nerfed probably before hanzo is released and that Zuljin is getting looked at.

Was doing TL placements and had a Zuljin on my team on Volskaya and it was completely unfair.

Also managed to keep up my TL record this season of 100% Sonya win rate, 0% anyone else win rate.

Feels fair, she’s pretty much always the first I ban.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm still a little surprised at how low Alex's win rate is. All of her power is in her insane ulti and her dragon form but late-game you can have one of those up every team fight. Especially if you take the thing that lets her ulti proc dragon form (you're missing the BUSTED flame buffet applies on AA talent, but idk how to evaluate that)

Maybe you just get run over too hard until then. Her wins by game time on hots logs is basically an upward sloping line.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

No Wave posted:

I'm still a little surprised at how low Alex's win rate is. All of her power is in her insane ulti and her dragon form but late-game you can have one of those up every team fight. Especially if you take the thing that lets her ulti proc dragon form (you're missing the BUSTED flame buffet applies on AA talent, but idk how to evaluate that)

Maybe you just get run over too hard until then. Her wins by game time on hots logs is basically an upward sloping line.

Lvl 20 flame buffet on dragon AA also gives you more dragon form, if you get the lvl 1 flame buffet talent!

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

welp i did it, no more on-release for me, all on bb.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Gonna be sad days when Zuljin gets inevitably nerfed into the ground.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

i gotta grind some ZJ cause he’s insanely fun now and I played him back when he was bad and earned it

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

appropriatemetaphor posted:

welp i did it, no more on-release for me, all on bb.
You know who else uses cast on release for every ability? That's right. Current world champion Rich.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3OCy8tBnYTE

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Man Alarak's so annoying to have around because I keep playing him and I have fun and also get extremely irritated. His mechanics are fantastic but he can't merc or wave clear which is a huge problem for a melee assassin. I'm shocked his win rate is as high as it is (48%).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I still remember in the very first game I played against an Alarak, before I knew what half the heroes did, I was very surprised at dying instantly whenever I stood near him.