Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Johnny Truant posted:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bbp54pnlog0/

"Yeah I want a huuuuuuge blue/black mess... and maybe some DBZ characters I guess, thanks fam"

I love this from the comments:

quote:

Ridiculous!! That's a piece of art right there.

It certainly is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

The blob of blue/black was the background of the show during that scene. He basically got a screengrab of the show on his back.

It's decently executed but a terrible idea for a back piece.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

It's not a back piece, that's his belly.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

extra row of teeth posted:

The blob of blue/black was the background of the show during that scene. He basically got a screengrab of the show on his back.

It's decently executed but a terrible idea for a back piece.

Yes, you're right, that giant black and blue blob is executed decently!

:thunk:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Johnny Truant posted:

Yes, you're right, that giant black and blue blob is executed decently!

:thunk:

Extra row of teeth is right that it is kinda supposed to be a big blue blob. The problem though isn't the placement so much as the size; its so big that it wraps his belly and you can't see the edges, so it looks like a blob.

If it was like 1/5th that size it'd work much better.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.

More: https://imgur.com/a/DGr0b

HappyKitty
Jul 11, 2005

Music wascovy
Find Love
Ant iT will
Beeny Last

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Is she diabetic? she asked quietly, her voice full of futile hope.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Someone abandoned an old dog at a veterinary office that I used to work at. I don't remember the reason, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was because he had started peeing everywhere. Anyway, Sweet Pee was his nickname because he turned out to be very diabetic. He ended up becoming a clinic dog and living out his days there. I heard he was an awesome dog.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bb9gnTJhl41/

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

"Now kiss"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HappyKitty posted:

Music wascovy
Find Love
Ant iT will
Beeny Last

Now imagine Elmer Fudd reading this.
On the subject...

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I'm not a comic books person, but aren't some of those characters not Marvel?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Batman and Superman are decidedly Not Marvel.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I don't know why, but the only part of that tattoo that really bugs me is that Iron Man takes up two letters while all the rest of them only take up one.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I think it's cute that he decided to get his favourite Disney characters on his back.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CommonShore posted:

I think it's cute that he decided to get his favourite Disney characters on his back.
Don't forget the Looney Tunes on there, too.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I mean, it's really well executed. Nailed the Alex Ross art but come on.

I also wonder how Bats feels about Wolverine's ear thing jumping into his letter.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Lechtansi posted:

I don't know why, but the only part of that tattoo that really bugs me is that Iron Man takes up two letters while all the rest of them only take up one.

All the other letters contrast nicely to the ones next to them while the last two don't and look more like a single thing. Making two characters out of them instead of just Iron Man would definitely make it better.

Having 2 DC characters in there makes it dumb.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I seriously doubt a marvel fanboy hardcore enough to get that tattooed on them would mistakenly get two dc characters.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

I think its a shop- I google searched the image

Deadpool should be in the A and Spiderman should be in the R, although it looks more like spider boy...

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

RugClockVexx posted:

I think its a shop- I google searched the image

Deadpool should be in the A and Spiderman should be in the R, although it looks more like spider boy...

So it is his favourite Disney princes.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Looking at it closer, superman and batman are WAY higher quality than the rest. I mean, look at hulks face.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
That superman and batman are literally Alex Ross art pasted in there

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I think it would actually be a great tattoo to trigger comics nerds.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Don Gato posted:

That superman and batman are literally Alex Ross art pasted in there

I've seen tattoos that accurately mimic Alex Ross art perfectly, so it wouldn't surprise me to see a tattoo of it. It's just comparing it to the others that makes it obvious.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The exact opposite of this thread.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Gunna get a slipknot tattoo on my left buttcheek that reads "LEFT BEHIND"

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008
Heh, I thought about this thread when I read this article on Gizmodo today regarding a man with a Do Not Resuscitate tattoo showing up in an ER. The doctors didn't know what to do, half of them wanted to help while the other half said, gently caress it, the tattoo said not to.

https://gizmodo.com/unconscious-patient-with-do-not-resuscitate-tattoo-caus-1820881602

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

RugClockVexx posted:

Heh, I thought about this thread when I read this article on Gizmodo today regarding a man with a Do Not Resuscitate tattoo showing up in an ER.
https://gizmodo.com/unconscious-patient-with-do-not-resuscitate-tattoo-caus-1820881602

First thing I thought was "Oh, I hope they had an ethicist available!" and turns out they did.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Tattoos are not valid medical alerts. If you have a diabetic tattoo every nurse and doctor will treat you that way.

BUT letting you die? Hell no. I wouldn't have. If you care that much get an official necklace.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

RugClockVexx posted:

Heh, I thought about this thread when I read this article on Gizmodo today regarding a man with a Do Not Resuscitate tattoo showing up in an ER. The doctors didn't know what to do, half of them wanted to help while the other half said, gently caress it, the tattoo said not to.

I hope I cause somebody a similar moral conundrum one day with my 'do not resurrect' tattoo.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah that's definitely a question for the ethicists. Tattoos are far too permanent to really be used for advance care directives like a DNR in my opinion.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Tattoos should not be a valid medical identifier. Not diabetes, not DNRs, nothing.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Depending on how lovely it is it could be an indication you probably have HIV though

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

Tattoos are not valid medical alerts. If you have a diabetic tattoo every nurse and doctor will treat you that way.

BUT letting you die? Hell no. I wouldn't have. If you care that much get an official necklace.

Depending on the state* necklaces and bracelets are not official.

*possibly no states but I'm only familiar with TN law

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Convicted war criminal tattoos?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

if tattoos are not a legally binding contract then explain all this rear end, grass, and gas in my possession

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Psh I got all that with just a bumper sticker.