Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Rear Admiral
Sep 24, 2007
*as the 9-year-old is drifting off to sleep*

"Dad, what happens after you put the lime in the coconut and drink them both up?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Rear Admiral posted:

*as the 9-year-old is drifting off to sleep*

"Dad, what happens after you put the lime in the coconut and drink them both up?"
That's a good question. Does it cause the bellyache or cure it?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Tiggum posted:

That's a good question. Does it cause the bellyache or cure it?

That's the entire point of the song. It's a vicious circle.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

MisterBibs posted:

"YOU AREN'T WHISTLING, YOU ARE BAD WHISTLING!"

I whistle with my tongue close to the roof of my mouth. Not sure where I picked it up.

Kid's not wrong. Tongue whistles are the worst kind :colbert:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Pasketti posted:

"She looks like an Asian youtuber!"
"Is she Asian?"
"I don't know but she has cat ears so maybe"
:psyduck: what does that meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeean

Is it bad that this makes a certain amount of sense to me?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I had to make a rule yesterday. The rule was that only Miss Fleta can be Beyoncé in the library. It was a controversial ruling, but in the end I think we're all better for it.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Remember when we were talking about the nonsense jokes that young kids like to make up? I got one for ya:

"What did the milk say to the lunch tray?"
"I don't know, what did the milk say to the lunch tray?"
"I'm going to pour all over you!"

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

Pththya-lyi posted:

Remember when we were talking about the nonsense jokes that young kids like to make up? I got one for ya:

"What did the milk say to the lunch tray?"
"I don't know, what did the milk say to the lunch tray?"
"I'm going to pour all over you!"

That better have ended with the kid pouring milk all over his lunch tray and making a disaster mess.

Today I subbed 4th grade and when the kids were lining up for lunch, a girl asked to shake my hand and told me I was beautiful :3:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
One of my first graders (i'm a student teacher) always wants to hold my hand in the hallway. Today as we were walking she burst out of the line and put her arm around my waist and said "I'm the boy and you're the girl."

:kiddo: :confused:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
I think she wants to be your boyfriend

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
His mom bought him some chocolates from the bakery I worked at, and to me this 5 year old says:
"You're the best person in the world until everybody dies!"

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick

Achtane posted:

His mom bought him some chocolates from the bakery I worked at, and to me this 5 year old says:
"You're the best person in the world until everybody dies!"
:black101:

From today!

Kindergartner: Miss Pasketti, I love your tattoo!
Me: Tattoo? What Tattoo? Where? :supaburn:
Kindergartner: That tattoo! *points at my wristwatch*

for a hot second there I was ready to believe that I somehow had a tattoo even though I never got one.
Nope just a 5 year old mixing up words

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
A perspective from a somewhat older child:

:v: (very suddenly, as I'm walking by): Do you think there will ever be a Purge?
:confused:: Umm, no. I think a Purge would create a lot more problems than it would solve.
:v:: Aw... I wish there was a Purge.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

A perspective from a somewhat older child:

:v: (very suddenly, as I'm walking by): Do you think there will ever be a Purge?
:confused:: Umm, no. I think a Purge would create a lot more problems than it would solve.
:v:: Aw... I wish there was a Purge.

:same:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

That's a cool kid probably! I haven't seen the movies, but I assume he has realized that the capitalist pigdogs must be disappeared.

In other thread relevant news, my oldest nephew is getting kinda self-conscious about wanting to hang out in the sofa. Like if I'm sitting in the sofa and he notices, his eyes go a certain way and he walks over and sits next to me and leans up. Like his whole demeanor is "I'm not trying to cuddle or anything, I just wanted to sit here like this, all casual"

It's so sweet :3: probably won't last much longer though.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Powaqoatse posted:

That's a cool kid probably! I haven't seen the movies, but I assume he has realized that the capitalist pigdogs must be disappeared.

:ssh:The Purge is specifically established as a tool of the ruling elite as a form of bread and circuses/population control. It's a bad thing.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Ugh.

Well then I hope an adult *wink nudge* teaches the kid proper targets at least.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Powaqoatse posted:

In other thread relevant news, my oldest nephew is getting kinda self-conscious about wanting to hang out in the sofa. Like if I'm sitting in the sofa and he notices, his eyes go a certain way and he walks over and sits next to me and leans up. Like his whole demeanor is "I'm not trying to cuddle or anything, I just wanted to sit here like this, all casual"

It's so sweet :3: probably won't last much longer though.

Where do people sit in the sofa as opposed to on the sofa? I find regional differences fascinating.

Our Nephew is verbal but not intelligible. He does a really cute elephant noise, when you ask him what sound an elephant makes.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Beachcomber posted:

Where do people sit in the sofa as opposed to on the sofa? I find regional differences fascinating.

Our Nephew is verbal but not intelligible. He does a really cute elephant noise, when you ask him what sound an elephant makes.

Interesting! I'm Danish so, but we say "i sofaen" - if you sat "på sofaen" you'd be on the back, like over everyone else like a bird or an idiot

That reminds me of Spanish classmate I had when we were idk 10. He would say he'd go to the bathroom but in Danish it came out as going "into the toilet". Maybe it's not very funny but no doubt the idiomatic prepositions are the hardest part of any language

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The German expression translates to "going onto the toilet". Technically accurate, but something's off.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Yeah. Danish is Germanic too & we say:

"jeg ska på toilettet" = "imma go on the toilet" i think cause we sit on it?
but,
"jeg ska i toilettet" = "i gotta get into the toilet"

very subtle :thunk:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
just picturing some rando german squatting on top of the tank facing the wall and dropping an orderly poo onto the lid

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Cindy Shitbird posted:

just picturing some rando german squatting on top of the tank facing the wall and dropping an orderly poo onto the lid

Ah, die Überscheiße

e: shameful edit

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 19:50 on Nov 18, 2017

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cindy Shitbird posted:

That's how they used to do, before they adopted Anglo-style toilets in the early 70's.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
A kid next to me seeing Justice League was super excited about seeing "Metal Deadpool" in the post credit scene.

(It's actually Deathstroke)

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Powaqoatse posted:

Yeah. Danish is Germanic too & we say:

"jeg ska på toilettet" = "imma go on the toilet" i think cause we sit on it?
but,
"jeg ska i toilettet" = "i gotta get into the toilet"

very subtle :thunk:

In English at least, toilet used to also refer to a room that evolved into the bathroom

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

dupersaurus posted:

In English at least, toilet used to also refer to a room that evolved into the bathroom

This is why personal care items like toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, etc are called toiletries, right?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This is why personal care items like toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, etc are called toiletries, right?

Other way around. Toilet used to refer to the whole ritual of personal care (washing, combing hair, etc.) before actual toilets were invented.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Which is why we still have "Eau de Toilette" perfumes.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Axiem posted:

Our middle child doesn't handle transitions particularly well (what child does?), and in particular, dealing with the "it's time for pajamas" transition is hard.

This evening, while he was once again insisting that it was still clothes time, he took matters into his own hands: he grabbed all of the pajamas out of his drawer and walked over to the dirty laundry basket (that I had just thrown his dirty clothes in) and tossed all of them in. After all, if he doesn't have any pajamas to wear, he must be able to wear clothes, right?
I find myself wondering what you did then. Put him to bed in his clothes, thereby destroying his understanding of the universe?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
ME: "What are your ideas about treating the library books nicely?"

KUS: "If there's poop in your bathtub, don't put your book in the bathtub."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
*blink* yes i suppose that is true.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If you put your books in a tub full of water, the additional presence of poop is the least of your problems.

If you have a bathtub full of poop, your library books are the least of your problems.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I brought my Switch in to work today to let my kids play Super Mario Odyssey, because they've been good.

They've spent more time getting Kid Angry or Kid Upset over what clothes the previous kid put Mario in than the game.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If you have a bathtub full of books, good on you, but get your rear end to IKEA.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

My Lovely Horse posted:

If you have a bathtub full of books, good on you, but get your rear end to IKEA.

Only if you don't have kids.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

My Lovely Horse posted:

If you put your books in a tub full of water, the additional presence of poop is the least of your problems.

If you have a bathtub full of poop, your library books are the least of your problems.

Every once in a while a thread reminds me of the fecal lasagna story, never thought this would end up being one of them.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

MisterBibs posted:

They've spent more time getting Kid Angry or Kid Upset over what clothes the previous kid put Mario in than the game.

This is the correct way to play SMO in turns.

Ironhead
Jan 19, 2005

Ironhead. Mmm.

I was informed at work today by one of my Union brothers that his eight year old regularly tells his mother things like

"Union says, we gotta take a break"
And
"Sorry, Mama, Union says its time for dinner"

Apparently in a gruff Boston/New York accent. (Kid is from Texas)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
Looking forward to hearing about:

“You’re getting a spanking young man!”
“Sorry mama, gotta take it up with the Union Rep!”