Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I would have been so excited about this 4 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'd consider getting Mercenary Kings for Vita, it's structured much better as a mobile game rather than one that you need to sit down with.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Also in case anyone else missed it like I did, Demon Gaze 2 came out in the NA PSN store.

:toot:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

More games are escaping this dead gay handheld: The Caligula Effect is getting some kind of quasi-remake/new version for PlayStation 4 called Caligula Overdose. edit: Update with fully translated article

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-0NPJ38t9E

Completely remade on PS4 on Unreal Engine 4 (so it won't run like rear end this time), game scenario now has twice as much content including multiple new, different story routes (including an Adachi-style villain route) and endings, and a brand new Female MC option. It's essentially Caligula Golden. I'm actually interested in this because I wanted to try it on Vita but the version there looked to run very poorly and up here it costs $53 so that was a hard pass, but if they're doing a super-slick upgraded version on PS4 then I'm definitely down for it.

Policenaut fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 17, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
DG2 seems much easier than DG1. Atleast the beginning is easier.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Under Night In Birth EXE Late[st] is coming to Vita February 2018 so that's another year with at least one new release

https://mobile.twitter.com/aksysgames/status/933038404886978560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In Training posted:

Under Night In Birth EXE Late[st] is coming to Vita February 2018 so that's another year with at least one new release

https://mobile.twitter.com/aksysgames/status/933038404886978560?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hell yes.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
When's the loving PC version French Bread. :argh:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats that is it good

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Uh a fighting game/visual novel by the makers of Melty Blood, if I'm understanding correctly. Everytime I look at that name I have a seizure, though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

whats that is it good

I have it on PS4 and it's fantastic but the console netcode is juuuust chunky enough that I want a PC version. It's a fighting game with big normals and big damage with small combos. Unless you play Byakuya in which case gently caress you

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I felt like the PS3 netcode was pretty good when playing between Sydney and SD & NY. I mean..still a bit of input delay but it was light years better than T7.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Romancing SaGa 2 is actually, finally coming out next month almost a year since Square-Enix said it was being delayed. Also it's coming to consoles that aren't the Vita (it's been out for like 8 months on iOS/Android) so that's nice.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

I felt like the PS3 netcode was pretty good when playing between Sydney and SD & NY. I mean..still a bit of input delay but it was light years better than T7.

The people I play most of my FGs with are pretty much perfect with every game but for some reason UNIST acts up frequently and even at its best has like 4-5 frames of delay which doesn't feel good. It's still a fun game though

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
I've seen some good reviews but you know. When in doubt ask goons. Is Salt and Sanctuary good enough to justify $17.99?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

In Training posted:

The people I play most of my FGs with are pretty much perfect with every game but for some reason UNIST acts up frequently and even at its best has like 4-5 frames of delay which doesn't feel good. It's still a fun game though

Huh, weird. I guess in my case it was UNIEL, but..weird all the same. And a shame!

But I love the game to bits and I'm excited for the English release of UNIEST regardless :unsmith:

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Policenaut posted:

More games are escaping this dead gay handheld: The Caligula Effect is getting some kind of quasi-remake/new version for PlayStation 4 called Caligula Overdose. edit: Update with fully translated article

If discount Persona can add a FeMC I'm now eternally disappointed how atlus will never consider it despite the positive reaction of P3P other than "limited resources" and "women don't move to the countryside."

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Persona 4 and 5 should have had the option to a female protag as well

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

but what crime would FeMC be convicted of in P5?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

felony jaywalking

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Anime without a licence

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Improbable Lobster posted:

Anime without a licence

I'll cosign this.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

If the other femc is anything to go by, pedophilia?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bringing Justice to Japan.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/PQubeGames/status/935901817577377792

PQube, you crazy motherfuckers :allears:

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
So long as boobs exist in this world, the Vita shall live on.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Really didn't expect that one.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A fitting end

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Japanese companies have been screwing over localisations with enhanced PS4 versions announced before western releases. They were probably waiting for Z before starting the process.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sakurazuka posted:

A fitting end

*nods sagely*

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
They really keep "raising" the bar on those kinds of games.

At least it's still games for the Vita :unsmith:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

My bar is so high.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Are there any retailers that still sell new in-box Vitas. I want to use mine as a emulation machine because I can't imagine Ill ever buy another vita game again but I also can't revert the firmware.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

My bar is so high.

Mine's curved just a liiiittle to the left.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
the anime titty game will save the vita

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

In Training posted:

Are there any retailers that still sell new in-box Vitas. I want to use mine as a emulation machine because I can't imagine Ill ever buy another vita game again but I also can't revert the firmware.

A replacement motherboard of suitable firmware is available on ebay for like $30 and takes maybe 10 minutes to replace. Absolutely worth it, it even improves on the psp emulation.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

mandatory lesbian posted:

the anime titty game will save the vita

It's a titty roguelike rather than a Titzardry, so color me not interested.

Also it's called Omega Labyrinth because ω = boobs, lol.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Rollersnake posted:

That's clever :downs:

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Rollersnake posted:

It was funnier in the PS2 .hack games; on the in-game forum, everybody kept calling a poster called ωrice 'Buttrice.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rollersnake posted:

thats pretty inspired, for a certain definition of inspired