Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I like the philosophy of the burger thread on something offal: all burgers are good.

I've been craving a burger hard because of this thread. I think I know what I'm getting for lunch today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grakkus
Sep 4, 2011

Danish AI goons, could you recommend me a self-service car wash in or around Copenhagen - preferably touchless? I can't seem to find a single one.

It's also super hard to find 98 fuel here, the only place that seems to have it is the occasional Shell; Circle K and the others seemingly never do.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I love me a Big Mac now and then, yes I said it fight me.

Had one the other day since I've been on the road and hey sometimes Mickey D's is all you got.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I love me a Big Mac now and then, yes I said it fight me.

Had one the other day since I've been on the road and hey sometimes Mickey D's is all you got.

nah fam sometimes you just gotta say gently caress it and shitlist a chain of restaurants. i haven't eaten at mcdonalds in over 20 years.

for the record burger king is far worse and i hate BK more than any other burger in existence

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

BraveUlysses posted:

nah fam sometimes you just gotta say gently caress it and shitlist a chain of restaurants. i haven't eaten at mcdonalds in over 20 years.

for the record burger king is far worse and i hate BK more than any other burger in existence
Nah sometimes you like to feel a couple pounds of food in your stomach like a lead weight, fam.

Don't judge.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Everytime someone over here mentions 5 Guys, the following words appear either preceding the name or following it: "it's so expensive"

...yet they'll happily roll into a pub and spunk £15 on a worse burger with shittier chips and no chance of a decent milkshake.

Cage posted:

Nah sometimes you like to feel a couple pounds of food in your stomach like a lead weight, fam.

Don't judge.

"this was a bad idea" *avoids the place for another 6 months*

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

...yet they'll happily roll into a pub and spunk £15 on a worse burger with shittier chips and no chance of a decent milkshake.

There is truth in this.

Back when Hardees first came out with the six dollar burger in like 2003 it was pretty amazing. I've tried them a couple times in the last few years and it's not the same at all. ...The smoked sausage egg and cheese is pretty great every once in awhile.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Seat Safety Switch posted:

We just got Carls Jr and so far I don't see the appeal at all. Would rather have Jack In The Box.

Youre fukkin dead to me

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Cage posted:

Don't judge.

:wrong:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Surely those billions and billions served aren't wrong.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I would eat 7 sausage mcmuffins right now if I had a joint.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Everytime someone over here mentions 5 Guys, the following words appear either preceding the name or following it: "it's so expensive"

"this was a bad idea" *avoids the place for another 6 months*

Can't remember the last time I had a pub burger or gbk or any of that nonsense

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
Goddammit, well, I guess I'm going to Culver's for lunch. Wisconsin represent! (or something? Is that the right use of that?)

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

fridge corn posted:

Man I used to get dogpiled in here for suggesting that 5 guys were poo poo, now everyone hates them. What happened hmmm :thunk:

Aston Martins are stupid.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Adiabatic posted:

Aston Martins are stupid.

Have you seen the new Vantage? It looks like poo poo lol

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

For DFW goons looking for a slapped together, 50s style burger...

Here's one option. Their burgers are ugly, but really good.

Keller's is drat good, but after papa Keller died, the sons banned motorcycles, and really, they've extended that to all the muscle cars that would do their weekly gatherings. No hot rods, no motorcycles, no muscle cars anymore. Going to the main NW Highway location on weekends was like going to an awesome car and bike show. Get out of your car, have a beer or two (you can actually order a beer to your car there too tho), look at a bunch of awesome rides, bullshit with people about their rides, and have . Now it's a "family friendly" place. :argh: Still, they have a carhop that's been there since the place opened in the 1960s.

I remember going to Kellers *for* the car show back when I moved to Arlington for school, like '89. Sad that they're jerks about it now.

quote:

They still give you the exact same modem/router combo, they just turn off the wifi remotely. And if it's anything like the 3 TWC/Spectrum gateways I've experienced, they're really locked down in terms of what you can configure (even on the router side).

Of course now, every time I call in for an issue, except for the last time, they say they've "determined [my] modem is defective" and they'll be sending a tech out to replace it (with a charge for a service call, of course, since I own my modem). Every time, the modem is showing absolutely nothing for a signal on the diagnostics page, and every time, it's back up within an hour or so, showing the same signal and SNR levels I'm used to seeing.

At least the last time I called, I actually got someone in the US, and they didn't pull the bullshit "your modem is bad, we're sending someone out at your cost to replace it with our FREE* GATEWAY". And they actually understood what I was talking about when I mentioned "signal levels" and "SnR", instead of going "mm hmm, I see, well sir I'm going to need you to power cycle your modem" (when I've already outlined all the poo poo I've done.... this is when I go into rear end in a top hat mode and ask the overseas CSR if they heard anything I said and point out I used to be level 2 for them..).

Yeah, I'm going to pull the trigger on that. I've got no real complaints about AT&Ts service per se, but cost versus speed, plus the Net Neutrality bullshit is pushing me away.
The $45 install fee is annoying, but understandable.

edit: if nothing else, Spectrum actually discloses the full price of service. Time Warner was always "after 1 year it goes up to normal full price", yet would literally never tell you what the full price was, even the *current* full price. That kind of garbage kept me away from them - they were too much old-school cable company (because, of course, they *were* and old-school cable company, and all the sick and twisted consumer adverse culture that comes with it.)

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Nov 21, 2017

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Cage posted:

I would eat 7 sausage mcmuffins right now if I had a joint.

Truth right here. Doesn't matter how poo poo all their other stuff is, McD's has the best breakfast sandwich (and the best coffee for a fast-food joint).
Their muffin's aren't too bad either.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Siochain posted:

Truth right here. Doesn't matter how poo poo all their other stuff is, McD's has the best breakfast sandwich (and the best coffee for a fast-food joint).

I've always had a soft spot for their steak egg and cheese bagel, despite it being a greasy mess. Haven't had one for a couple years though. My arteries thanked me.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

I remember going to Kellers *for* the car show back when I moved to Arlington for school, like '89. Sad that they're jerks about it now.

Yeah, I'm going to pull the trigger on that. I've got no real complaints about AT&Ts service per se, but cost versus speed, plus the Net Neutrality bullshit is pushing me away.
The $45 install fee is annoying, but understandable.

Hold off on that for a moment - I think if you have an account manager, they can waive the install fee. They did for me, also for my parents.

I'll email my leasing office and see who they use now. I just tried emailing my old Spectrum account manager, but his autoreply says he's on vacation from 11/28 to 12/2 of 2016 (gonna guess his "vacation" was more "gently caress y'all, I got a new job"). If I don't hear back by tomorrow then go ahead with the retail side.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Nov 21, 2017

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Hold off on that for a moment - I think if you have an account manager, they can waive the install fee. They did for me, also for my parents.

I'll email my leasing office and see who they use now. I just tried emailing my old Spectrum account manager, but his autoreply says he's on vacation from 11/28 to 12/2 of 2016 (gonna guess his "vacation" was more "gently caress y'all, I got a new job"). If I don't hear back by tomorrow then go ahead with the retail side.

People forget to update the dates on their out of office all of the time. Under normal circumstances, most companies would remove an inactive email account after that long.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

mariooncrack posted:

People forget to update the dates on their out of office all of the time. Under normal circumstances, most companies would remove an inactive email account after that long.

Add to that that outlook has separate internal and external auto replies by default, can easily forget to change the external message as it defaults to showing you only the internal message unless you click through the tabs.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Cool. Thanks.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

fridge corn posted:

that mill would be tits in a RRC and you know it.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

fridge corn posted:

It'd be a decent looking car if not for the stupid front and mediocre rear.
Oh yeah and let's make the press car gently caress your retinas green. Like I like obnoxious greens more than most, but it's as far as you can get from what I want out of an Aston.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Because I know everyone was hinging on my every word from before..

I just called comcast, errr...xfinity, and found that I can get essentially the same internet package for cheaper, and they can't do cheaper VOIP bundles. So I'm going to do it. By cutting out all of the above AND getting a cheaper internet price, I'll be saving close to 40-50/mo. It would be dumb not to.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Siochain posted:

Sausage mcmuffins are the only thing I will eat from there, and they are loving amazing. My stepdad drinks their coffee all the time. Not because he thinks it tastes good, but just because it doesn't matter where he is, he can always go to a McDonalds and get a cup of coffee that always tastes the same.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I'm now questioning your taste in food.
I didn't say I didn't like it. But Guac alone does not a burger topping make. If you notice I posted a burg with guac, but it's also got sriracha mayo, and red onions and was smashed with taco seasoning.

eyebeem posted:

How loud is your breathing at rest?

I'm not a mouthbreather, but I've definitely put on like 20lbs since I hit 30.

Fermented Tinal posted:

Hey, anyone spoken to blk lately? He hasn't posted since mid October or been on the slack he runs.
Nope. But I don't want this to go unnoticed.
I hope he's okay :ohdear:

GnarlyCharlie4u fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 21, 2017

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Just found me an awesome ramen shop in Virginia Beach and I'm in heaven :allears:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

As an outlook user, my guess what happened was he took the same time off last year and forgot to update his out of office message. I do it all the time.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Just found me an awesome ramen shop in Virginia Beach and I'm in heaven :allears:

Real ramen is so loving great.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Ether Frenzy posted:

As an outlook user, my guess what happened was he took the same time off last year and forgot to update his out of office message. I do it all the time.

Looked him up on Linkedin, his linkedin profile says he's no longer with TWC/Charter/Spectrum/name of the week.

e: property manager just sent me this: "We do not have a new [account manager]. I haven’t seen <name> but if you have his number I am sure he will come service you :)"

I..... I really don't have a reply for that, not one that wouldn't be highly inappropriate anyway. :stare:

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 21, 2017

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I just noticed a ramen restaurant near my house. I need to make a reminder to myself to try it.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Looked him up on Linkedin, his linkedin profile says he's no longer with TWC/Charter/Spectrum/name of the week.

e: property manager just sent me this: "We do not have a new [account manager]. I haven’t seen <name> but if you have his number I am sure he will come service you :)"

I..... I really don't have a reply for that, not one that wouldn't be highly inappropriate anyway. :stare:

Ah, well. Thanks for trying. It's not really a problem to pay for a truck roll if they're actually doing something.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

nm posted:

...I can say many many bad things about wisconsin, but one should never doubt their cheese curding prowess.
Visiting home (WI) this week, introduced the wife to fresh cheese curds yesterday and deep fried today. She now understands the hype.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
The proper use of cheese curds is on top of fries and covered in a dark turkey or veal gravy and I will not hear otherwise :colbert:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

The proper use of cheese curds is on top of fries and covered in a dark turkey or veal gravy and I will not hear otherwise :colbert:

I have got to try poutine eventually.
I think there's actually a place to get it here in Dallas.

edit: Oh, goody!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/maple-leaf-diner-dallas?osq=Poutine

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 21, 2017

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ramen, burgers, all this food chat just reminds me how disappointing the food selection us around campus. You go up to Gainesville and there's choices galore; Japanese food of all stripes, legit Mexican places, solid pizza joints, anything you can think of, all at fairly reasonable prices. Around here it's all chains and hipster spots that, while it might be worth the price, is just too expensive to eat there regularly.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Darchangel posted:

I have got to try poutine eventually.
I think there's actually a place to get it here in Dallas.

edit: Oh, goody!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/maple-leaf-diner-dallas?osq=Poutine

As long as they're not using like, shredded or cubed cheese in its construction you're good. One must use cheese curds when crafting poutine. Gravy needs to be of a medium thickness; not watery, but not so thick that it can't spread between the fries and melt the curds just enough that they string when you pick up the fries.

e: Oh yeah judging by that Yelp that looks like some well-crafted poutine.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Is it getting political if I just want to curse and yell about this net neutrality repeal?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Food chat: I tried to make my own bread rolls tonight.
I didn't get something quite right as they ended up super dense and really doughy in the middle. Not sure what I did wrong.

I want to make pizza dough. The bread rolls were supposed to be a test. I wonder if I'm doing this the wrong way round?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Is it getting political if I just want to curse and yell about this net neutrality repeal?

That's not political, it's asinine. I'll allow it. But I have no say in it, so welp.

• Locked thread