Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Butt is Life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Edward Butterhands

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
Michael Jorbum.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

:getout: / :frogout:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’d ask why it has hands for feet, but this is from China so I’m assuming the reason is racism.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Once You Pop...THAT'S GREAT! is not quite as catchy

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Totally not Christopher Lee and not Cheech Marin hot sauces.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Is the potato flavor real or artificial?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
holy poo poo I was kinda rolling my eyes at the design and name of it, but then the tagline completely killed me, I'm dead

edit: lol drat, it's fake, and a stealth thing at target by Cards Against Humanity apparently, no less. still, the tagline is incredible, and the knockoff nature perfectly encapsulates store-brand styles, like Crispy Hexagons, Square-Shaped Corn, and what have you

https://imgur.com/gallery/98b9e

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 22:08 on Nov 21, 2017

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Indolent Bastard posted:

Totally not Christopher Lee and not Cheech Marin hot sauces.

That cheech sauce isn't a knockoff, thats plain old endorsement.

http://hotsaucezone.com/brands/the-cheech/

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

That cheech sauce isn't a knockoff, thats plain old endorsement.

http://hotsaucezone.com/brands/the-cheech/

I thought it might be and I decided to risk it. Oh well.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Indolent Bastard posted:

I thought it might be and I decided to risk it. Oh well.

And Chong has weed

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

http://hotsaucezone.com/brands/rear end-in-tub/

I really don't get hot sauce enthusiasts.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

As a hot sauce enthusiast, almost all of the ones that claim anything about your rear end are mild as hell.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Grassy Knowles posted:

As a hot sauce enthusiast, almost all of the ones that claim anything about your rear end are mild as hell.

Even the attached comic strip suggests that the spice really isn't affecting your tongue very much.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This is the least surprising thing I've ever seen.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

I'm always wary of American hot sauce claims because I'm from South-East Asia.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I've never had a hot sauce as purely and skull-meltingly hot as a special hot curry I ordered once at an Indian restaurant here in San Diego.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I dated a girl in high school whose mom was Vietnamese. I would have dinner occasionally with her family. It would take days for the feeling to come back to my mouth.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

The MSJ posted:

I'm always wary of American hot sauce claims because I'm from South-East Asia.

I find american hot sauce is just hot and not actually very tasty, while asian hot sauce is both hot as gently caress and delicious.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Slime posted:

I find american hot sauce is just hot and not actually very tasty, while asian hot sauce is both hot as gently caress and delicious.

Depends on the kind of hot sauce. Like, Cajun hot sauce has a lot of flavor, but the regular stuff yeah, is all about heat.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

This is how you become a hot sauce enthusiast; chasing that flavorful yet hot sauce.

Proteus Jones posted:

I dated a girl in high school whose mom was Vietnamese. I would have dinner occasionally with her family. It would take days for the feeling to come back to my mouth.

I agree that Hmong food is the absolute best.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Asian hot sauce tend to also be varying degrees of sweet, salty and sour depending on its origin.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Slime posted:

I bought hot curry instant ramen from an Asian grocery store and they were both painful and tasty.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Grassy Knowles posted:

As a hot sauce enthusiast can you recommend a few that actually taste nice as well as being noticeably hot? (Not damagingly hot, those ones are stupid).

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

We had an indian restaurant here that used to make something called The Killer which if you could eat you got it free. It hospitalised multiple people before they stopped doing it. People who like hot for hots sake are mentally deranged and should seek help.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Aramoro posted:

We had an indian restaurant here that used to make something called The Killer which if you could eat you got it free. It hospitalised multiple people before they stopped doing it. People who like hot for hots sake are mentally deranged and should seek help.

Did it involve ghost peppers, by any chance?

Or perhaps, one of these peppers?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Aramoro posted:

I used to work at a popcorn place and the owner was a hot = flavor type so we had a popcorn that was just standard butter popcorn covered in Carolina Reaper flakes. It sold very poorly but he had me make 10 gallons of it every week to replace was went stale because he was not good at measuring public interest.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Indolent Bastard posted:

As a hot sauce enthusiast can you recommend a few that actually taste nice as well as being noticeably hot? (Not damagingly hot, those ones are stupid).

Two brands I recommend for this are Born to Hula and Heartbreaking Dawns. The second's website is garbage with a broken cert, but both of them put flavor over heat. Warning on Born to Hula: when they say "hot," they are noting something spicier than many others. Not murderous, but certainly hotter than BW3's "hot." Heartbreaking Dawns should be fine as long as you avoid anything with reaper or ghost peppers.

Aramoro posted:

This sounds like some form of capsaicin extract. I like stupid spicy food, partially because it takes a fair amount of spiciness for me to really notice, but even I'm not dumb enough to mess with that poo poo. I lived near a place that kept a bottle (two drops for every 5 gallons of chili), and it was still too hot for the majority of customers.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Move over, Sharp Hand Joe.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Indolent Bastard posted:

If you're American, Mexican hot sauces are easy to find and super flavorful. Cholula is like, the least impressive of any of them but it's p.good.
If you see anything with smoked peppers, buy it. Thats the gooooood poo poo.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

EorayMel posted:

Mr. Pibb doesn't have his degree yet, so he wasn't invited?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

If you're American, Mexican hot sauces are easy to find and super flavorful. Cholula is like, the least impressive of any of them but it's p.good.
If you see anything with smoked peppers, buy it. Thats the gooooood poo poo.

Oh definitely. Smoked peppers are goddamn delicious in a hot sauce.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Personal favorite hot sauce is a Mexican sauce called Chimay. Its a bit difficult to find outside Mexico but I've seen it in Texas and Louisiana before so it isn't impossible to find. Best part is that it has actual flavor beyond just fire like a lot of supposed death sauces advertise but its still spicy.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

Don Gato posted:

Personal favorite hot sauce is a Mexican sauce called Chimay. Its a bit difficult to find outside Mexico but I've seen it in Texas and Louisiana before so it isn't impossible to find. Best part is that it has actual flavor beyond just fire like a lot of supposed death sauces advertise but its still spicy.

Huh. There happens to be a Belgian trappist beer called Chimay. It's pretty good.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

EorayMel posted:

Dr. Fine Soda

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

RoboRodent posted:

Dr. Fine Soda

That one's my fav.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I love off topic hot sauce chat. Try Matouk's Calypso hot sauce. It's made with scotch bonnet peppers and is reasonably hot, but it doesn't last for ages on your palate like other hot sauces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I shamefully admit to only enjoying sriracha and literally putting it on everything