Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/evepeyser/status/933041346713194496
The DCCC churns out some weird poo poo :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I opened up CNN to see how they're handing the FCC regulation roll-back (it's a footnote) and saw instead "Al Franken's Deafening Silence" and though to myself "I bet this lovely click-bait article is Chis Cilliza.

I was not surprised.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I mean, the idea itself isn't a bad one, but that blackface poo poo :psyduck:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Alter Ego posted:

I mean, the idea itself isn't a bad one, but that blackface poo poo :psyduck:

how on earth is that black face?

I couldn't find the source, but in this pdf the graphic certainly doesn't standout - https://action.dccc.org/pdf/knowyourstuffing.pdf

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

how on earth is that black face?

I couldn't find the source, but in this pdf the graphic certainly doesn't standout - https://action.dccc.org/pdf/knowyourstuffing.pdf

Can't even draw black people in cartoons now without being called a racist immediately. Love it.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Isolated certainly makes for a dumb af looking screen grab, but its much tamer in context. Probably just reusing the art assets from the web for an email.

https://twitter.com/dccc/status/933035290754772992

https://twitter.com/CanonForIndiana/status/933044263218241538

also thank god there will be no maga hats at my thanksgiving

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Boon posted:

I opened up CNN to see how they're handing the FCC regulation roll-back (it's a footnote) and saw instead "Al Franken's Deafening Silence" and though to myself "I bet this lovely click-bait article is Chis Cilliza.

I was not surprised.
My question is whether Wikipedia et al will stand up to this the way they did SOPA and cut off service in protest.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Trabisnikof posted:

I thought the trick was the state would buy the loans off the market then the state can use their powers to revoke licenses because you owe the state money.

That's what South Dakota is doing for drivers licenses, but this is something a bit broader.

Condiv posted:

So in the end we hold nurses making a pittance more accountable than we do candidates for the presidency of the United States

Yeah, it's hosed up.

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000
I told my Republican relatives, which is most of them, that I won't share a table with Nazis. This year I'll be cooking a turkey for my immediate family and staying home. Highly recommended for anyone anxious about Thanksgiving dinner conversation this year.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

My question is whether Wikipedia et al will stand up to this the way they did SOPA and cut off service in protest.

Wikipedia probably will. Google and Amazon are unlikely, but will probably run some sort of token "this is what the internet will look like if NN is repealed" splash page which then leads to the normal service.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

It seems like every time I have some monetary trouble in my life, I look back and wonder why I didn't go to college when I had the chance.

Then poo poo like this happens and it makes me feel better about my life choices.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
College is a pretty good summary of "The American Dream" for anyone not born into wealth right now. Betting your entire life on a good outcome, good markets and a good degree field all lining up just right years from now to allow you to climb the social ladder. Get anything wrong and hooray crushing debt with no prospects of improving your situation.

Feeling lucky with your entire future?

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

NathanScottPhillips posted:

Can't even draw black people in cartoons now without being called a racist immediately. Love it.

That poo poo is racist as gently caress.

I am not about to walk you through the history of gollywogs and blackface

Get out of here with that bullshit

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

You really think those cartoons look like gollywogs?

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Koalas March posted:

Ever notice how most of the people you meet named Nathan are racist?

I sure do.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Koalas March posted:

Any attempt to do that with NathanScottPhillips is entirely pointless.

Harsh But True
Oct 13, 2016
If you portray black people in comics it's racist if you don't it's whitewashing. Neat.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Koalas March posted:

Can you please post a cartoon drawing of a black person that you would find acceptable?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Trabisnikof posted:

Isolated certainly makes for a dumb af looking screen grab, but its much tamer in context. Probably just reusing the art assets from the web for an email.

https://twitter.com/dccc/status/933035290754772992

https://twitter.com/CanonForIndiana/status/933044263218241538

also thank god there will be no maga hats at my thanksgiving

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Kilroy posted:

I told my Republican relatives, which is most of them, that I won't share a table with Nazis. This year I'll be cooking a turkey for my immediate family and staying home. Highly recommended for anyone anxious about Thanksgiving dinner conversation this year.
Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.

quote:

In the story “The Birthday Party," Mann illustrates how children even turned against their parents in the name of supporting the Nazis and Hitler. After his son contradicts him in front of a Hitler Youth leader, the father realizes that in this context he cannot trust his own son. To be sure, this is exactly what Hitler wanted; he hoped that the German state would be more important to children than their parents, their church, or their friends.
https://www.facinghistory.org/resou...rmity-obedience

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Harsh But True posted:

If you portray black people in comics it's racist if you don't it's whitewashing. Neat.

hiya hbt

have you figured out why it is kevin spacey makes conservatives rallying around a pedophile good, actually, yet, we're all kind of wondering where you were going with that

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.

https://www.facinghistory.org/resou...rmity-obedience

the ultimate expression of fascism: People Not Having To Be Nice To NathanScottPhillips

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Relevant and #mood

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Koalas March posted:

Relevant and #mood

You forgot the MAGA hat on this racist drawing.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Here's a hot take for y'all: If you wanna make an educational flyer, nobody is forcing you to include badly drawn caricatures of groups you want to portray.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Cerebral Bore posted:

Here's a hot take for y'all: If you wanna make an educational flyer, nobody is forcing you to include badly drawn caricatures of groups you want to portray.

We don't know that wasn't the case here. For all we know they WERE forced

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

To be honest, I wouldn't be brave enough to talk politics to Sally's new bf.

(Also she should :sever:)

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Why do old timey racist terms sound so goofy?

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Cerebral Bore posted:

To be fair, the "educational" flyer was written by a team of Democrats and Democrats unfortunately buy in to stereotypes based on race or class because of their bankrupt ideology of identity politics.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Calibanibal posted:

We don't know that wasn't the case here. For all we know they WERE forced

Slaving away in the DCCC's cartoon sweatshops.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
Those faces are all literally identical except the hair and eyebrows. Is there something racist about the hair and eyebrows? I think y'all are reaching.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

At this point I wouldn't be shocked to learn that the DCCC treats those cartoon people like real voters and poo poo gets decided in meetings based on poo poo like "yeah but how does that play with the Uncle Leonards?"

Eggnogium posted:

Those faces are all literally identical except the hair and eyebrows. Is there something racist about the hair and eyebrows? I think y'all are reaching.

Can you not see the brooding violence in Sally's new BF's face? I can hear the rant starting about "the takers" just looking at him.

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Eggnogium posted:

Oh yeah right and let me guess you're "colorblind" too huh? Yeah right buddy, up against the wall with the rest of the Nazis.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I, for one, highly doubt any black person is going to talk up Paul Ryan, so it fails to meet the realism test right there.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Oh yeah right and let me guess you're "colorblind" too huh? Yeah right buddy, up against the wall with the rest of the Nazis.

"i'm not a bad person! i'm not a bad person!" i scream as i line up to vote for a pedophile to own the libs

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Eggnogium posted:

Dem lips tho

NathanScottPhillips
Jul 23, 2009

Koalas March posted:

Dem lips tho
Literally identical to "cousin Sally's."

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

WampaLord posted:

I, for one, highly doubt any black person is going to talk up Paul Ryan, so it fails to meet the realism test right there.

well, and i doubt the demographics of trump lovers are anywhere near the half poc ratio they show in their info?graphic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Condiv posted:

well, and i doubt the demographics of trump lovers are anywhere near the half poc ratio they show in their info?graphic

its supposed to be family members of the democrat who is reading the mailer so it makes sense that they wouldn't want it to be your regular maga crowd

• Locked thread