Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I kill people to show my love, what does that fall under? Acts of service?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MF_James posted:

I kill people to show my love, what does that fall under? Acts of service?

If youre killing other people and leaving them at the foot of the bed then thats being a cat.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Barudak posted:

If youre killing other people and leaving them at the foot of the bed then thats being a cat.

gently caress, I am catte

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I Was The Fury posted:

In response to a commenter who asked "why only those two positions?"

Don't date insecure people
Don't date masturbators
Don't date childish and vindictive people
Don't date honest people
Don't date

Do these people know you can do more than one position in a single Sex? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

I'm imagining this girl riding him for like 45 minutes while they're both crying and she's begging him to finish and they just can't figure out how to get out of this situation.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Once, when I broke up with a girl, her father told me that he was really going to miss having me around but that I was totally dodging several bullets and was glad I had the stones to end it before things got worse.

It was unprompted and weirdly helpful. I still miss that alcoholic blacksmith. Not so much the daughter. I like to think if any of my kids end up being assholes to their partners, I’ll be the same way.
It's really easy when someone is telling you something stupid even if they're your kid. GF's offspring was talking about moving in with their fiance and getting a dog someday but they'd have to keep the dog out of some space of the place as the fiance is allergic to dogs. GF without missing a beat called the kid out on being selfish and that they need to be aware their fiance is a spineless wimp* who will do nearly anything so don't be taking advantage of it. You don't get to have a dog & live with someone that allergic to them, stop it.

*We don't like the fiance at all and can only hope they don't reproduce before this finally flames out

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tender Bender posted:

Do these people know you can do more than one position in a single Sex? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Once you commit to a position you have to see it through without switching or the sex police will fine you, at least in most US states.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

It's really easy when someone is telling you something stupid even if they're your kid. GF's offspring was talking about moving in with their fiance and getting a dog someday but they'd have to keep the dog out of some space of the place as the fiance is allergic to dogs. GF without missing a beat called the kid out on being selfish and that they need to be aware their fiance is a spineless wimp* who will do nearly anything so don't be taking advantage of it. You don't get to have a dog & live with someone that allergic to them, stop it.

*We don't like the fiance at all and can only hope they don't reproduce before this finally flames out

My fiancee and I got a dog, she is allergic, it was ultimately her choice to get the dog though.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

MF_James posted:

Chores are not love language, that's poo poo you do even when not in a relationship, that poo poo shouldn't even be considered, other than the fact that you should thank your partner because they cooked for both of you, cleaned up both your messes, etc etc.

Also, the phrase "Love Language" makes me irrationally angry.

:agreed:

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
On the one hand I appreciate that its a book thats helping rock-brained people facilitate communication and understand that humans are different and their mind isn't the only possible worldview, but on the other hand its like the relationship version of people who open a browser window and type "YouTube" into the google search field.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

MF_James posted:

Chores are not love language, that's poo poo you do even when not in a relationship, that poo poo shouldn't even be considered, other than the fact that you should thank your partner because they cooked for both of you, cleaned up both your messes, etc etc.

How lazy are people that doing laundry is an “act of service”. Do they not do laundry otherwise or what

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh also there was the guy who told me his “love language” was being able to gently caress me at any time and his was that if we ever moved in together he’d do the dishes “sometimes”

He tried this before we even kissed, and before he knew I had a loving dishwasher lol

He never got that gently caress :qq: ha ha

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

blarzgh posted:

open a browser window and type "YouTube" into the google search field.

Is there something wrong with this?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Pick posted:

Oh also there was the guy who told me his “love language” was being able to gently caress me at any time and his was that if we ever moved in together he’d do the dishes “sometimes”

He tried this before we even kissed, and before he knew I had a loving dishwasher lol

He never got that gently caress :qq: ha ha

is it even possible to say this unironically

where do you keep finding these men, pick

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

This love language poo poo is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. My love language is an endless stream of fart sounds.

Is it really necessary to codify and catalogue how people show their love for one another? Turning human intimacy into a set of rules from a supplementary D&D 3.5e rulebook kind of sucks the joy out of loving someone.

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Nov 21, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

ZearothK posted:

Once you commit to a position you have to see it through without switching or the sex police will fine you, at least in most US states.
excuse me sir I think you mean the :cumpolice:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

No, the cum police are the people who get called when your wife and her friends find your jizz encrusted dress shirts in the attic.

Frequent Handies
Nov 26, 2006

:yum:

Shugojin posted:

I've been lurking this thread for a good long while and that post is The One that finally made me go what the hell. I lived in Portland for five years and never met anyone quite like these dudes.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Shugojin posted:

I will give anyone a chance and this is actually a terrible policy because frankly you can spot a loser

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Shugojin posted:

You say that as if you think for some insane reason that Pick deserves better.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Shugojin posted:

No, the cum police are the people who get called when your wife and her friends find your jizz encrusted dress shirts in the attic.
Didn't we establish that you call the architect in that situation because the floor is literally sagging or whatever?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

pac man frogs posted:

I've been lurking this thread for a good long while and that post is The One that finally made me go what the hell. I lived in Portland for five years and never met anyone quite like these dudes.
Like finds like (crazy in this case)

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Three Olives posted:

You say that as if you think for some insane reason that Pick deserves better.

How the gently caress did you get a steady boyfriend

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

This love language poo poo is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. My love language is an endless stream of fart sounds.

Is it really necessary to codify and catalogue how people show their love for one another? Turning human intimacy into a set of rules from a supplementary D&D 3.5e rulebook kind of sucks the joy out of loving someone.

Nobody in modern life understands nuance and subtlety any more. We all need rules and checklists handed to us, and all behavior must be understood in a direct input output format (learn coding, children). I can't claim to be an exception.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

How the gently caress did you get a steady boyfriend

Right, because being a catty bitch isn't rewarded socially in the gay community?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
The love languages thing is like the Myers-Briggs personality types. It's a tool designed to make people introspect for a moment and improve communication.

For some reason people on the internet use them both like people used horoscopes back in the 70s.

Oh I'm INTJ so asking me to leave my goon cave is abuse.

Can't ever leave the goon cave, this test says so.

La Brea Carpet fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 21, 2017

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
In the dark year of 2050, all old movies will need to be subbed over with the exact intentions and feelings of all characters, to be understandable by a modern audience.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Three Olives posted:

Right, because being a catty bitch isn't rewarded socially in the gay community?

Oh boy this smells like another derail

Popcorn.ttf

But yeah the love languages thing is odd. I would hope that you would be able to pick up on what your SO is doing to make you feel loved. That book just sounds like it exists so you can say "see? I'm doing this right here I dont need to improve myself at all."

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It's the opposite, it's like if you're an established couple and you both feel unhappy and unappreciated so you go to marriage counseling. It's for self-improvement, both "they love me and I need to recognize what they've been doing to show it" and "I love them and I need to act in a way that will make them feel it more."

That one woman is using it in a crazy abusive way, but she could probably turn any relationship book or strategy into a crazy abusive thing because that's how crazy abusers work.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Anne Whateley posted:

It's the opposite, it's like if you're an established couple and you both feel unhappy and unappreciated so you go to marriage counseling. It's for self-improvement, both "they love me and I need to recognize what they've been doing to show it" and "I love them and I need to act in a way that will make them feel it more."

That one woman is using it in a crazy abusive way, but she could probably turn any relationship book or strategy into a crazy abusive thing because that's how crazy abusers work.

See also: the Bible.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

My (33f) ex husband (37m) divorced 3 years, married 11, has my face tattooed on his chest. I would like him to get it covered but he refuses since it's his body. Is there anything I can do about this?

quote:

Those of you who follow the front page will note there was a sort of a similar story today. No I am not any of the people from that post however it did remind me that I have this long standing issue out there that most of the time I don't think about, but when I do it drives me f-ing crazy.

Basically, I married my ex way too young and we had an 11 year disaster of a marriage that included substance abuse on both our parts, emotional abuse on both our parts and physical abuse by him. I got clean when I was 30 and since he refused to and I realized I'd be dead by the time I was 35 if I stayed with him I had to leave.

We still have a family connection..my sister is married to his brother in law and we live in a smallish town so we still see each other more than I would like. I have managed to move on, he still says that we are soul mates and somehow we'll be together.

The thing that drive me insane is right after we were married he got a tattoo of my face on his chest. Even as a super high, EDM and MDMA addicted 19 year old I hated it. I mean HATED it but since we were married I didn't make too big of deal out it.

But when we got divorced, I offered every concession (granted which wasn't much, we didn't have anything) in order to get him to cover the tattoo. He refused. This really bothers me but again I figured there's nothing I can do. But in the last 3 years he's posted maybe 100ish pictures of himself shirtless on facebook or instagram and what invariably happens is someone will see it then see me, text me, FB message me and say one of two things "He still has that tattoo?" or "I'm so glad/dissapointed you guys are back together."

I haven't had any sort of discussion with him about it for 3ish months when he posted lots of shirtless pictures over the summer but seeing that post on the front page brought this all back. I think he uses it as a way to keep me in touch with him because he knows it annoys me. I've offered to pay for it to be covered up but he always tells me "It's my body, i can do whatever I want with it."

So basically, what can I do about this?

tl;dr: ex husband has my face tattooed on his chest and I want him to get it covered. He won't, what can I do about it?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nothing.

I mean his decision was questionable, but it's his body. Though now I'm wondering what the law says if it were a tattoo of something that could be considered libel or slander, and given there is also a history of abuse it gets pretty murky.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Nov 21, 2017

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
No, also lmao

MF_James
May 8, 2008

That is something, I would say a self-own but he clearly doesn't give a gently caress and it's really owning her at this point.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

ArbitraryC posted:

Is cooking a nice dinner or baking stuff an act of service or a gift? Seems like it could be described as both.

Really any act of service that could be bought seems like it overlaps with gifts. Even cleaning or w/e could theoretically be purchased via housecleaners.

It's not necessarily a chore getting done, it's the other person going out of their way to do something nice for you. Like, making a cup of tea or fetching a pillow or running an errand. Putting the bathroom heater on when you know the other person's about to hop in the shower on a chilly morning or making them a casserole when they're going through a rough patch or helping them apply aloe to a sunburn or whatever. It's thinking of someone and then putting in real actual effort, however slight, to make their life easier/better. But yeah there's some overlap in there for sure.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

MF_James posted:

if someone told me this i would just picture them as really gross and messy when they are single

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

It's almost as if people with good relationships treat each other with care and kindness. Hmmm

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
His body his choice.

His retarded, inexplicably bizarre choice

MF_James
May 8, 2008

datajugend posted:

if someone told me this i would just picture them as really gross and messy when they are single

Reading comprehension seems to be a weak point for you.

v-- so I'm the rear end in a top hat here you say.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 21, 2017

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

MF_James posted:

Reading comprehension seems to be a weak point for you.

about chores being a love language, not you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
The bad tattoo is more the property of the tattoo artist than the woman, mostly because it's a stylized likeness of a person created by an artist. If the art was obscene or something she might have a case, but laws regarding tattoo ownership are surprisingly complicated http://theconversation.com/who-owns-your-tattoo-maybe-not-you-56050